Modern Warfare Season 2 has gone LIVE!
We can expect new weapons, new maps and a load of fresh Battle Pass content coming our way very shortly.
As expected, it'll feature a pretty hefty download - providing a number of new modes and maps.
“It's really on us from now to really build great content, which we intend to do for the long haul on this game, a great pipeline of content is coming starting with Season 2 next week,” Activision’s Bobby Kotick confirmed in February.
“And we have some surprises in store beyond that. So I'd say overall, what we expect is a healthier Call of Duty in 2020 versus the previous year. And we look forward to sharing more in the future.”
Season 2 has plenty of content and information - to make things simple you can click on the below links to read about a certain topic:
- Latest News
- Battle Royale
- Season 2 Goes Live
- Season 2 News & Road Map
- Release Date And Times
- Season 2 Guides
- New Maps
- New Weapons
- Battle Pass Details
- Spec Ops
- Battle Royale
- Game Modes
- CDL Playlist & Ranked Play
New Patch Notes For S2 and Warzone - 27 March 23:00 GMT
The new patch update is version 1.18 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and version 1.01 for Call of Duty: Warzone (for those who are standalone Warzone downloads).
- New Coalition Operator, Talon!
- Khandor Hideout 24/7 Playlist in Modern Warfare Multiplayer!
- NVG Infected Multiplayer Mode – Infected in the Dark. Survivors have a thermal sight and limited NVG battery, but the Infected can see in Dark. Realism damage, so make those headshots count!
- Plunder: Blood Money – Guaranteed cash drops on all kills. Bounty Contracts and Finishing Moves pay extra cash!
You can check out the full list of patch notes here.
New Update Delayed - 24th March 23:00 GMT
Latest Patch Notes - February 25th
- New map, Bazaar!
- Added Shoot House to an existing playlist with Shipment and Rust 24/7 ("Dirty Old House Boat")
- 3v3 Snipers on Rust!
- Giant Infection!
- "Boots on the Ground War" (Realism rules. No tanks.)
- Fix for a bug where friends who are online in Social Tab were not always appearing at the top of the list
- Various map exploit fixes
- Fix for some players seeing an incorrect Career Level
- More fixes to Regiment tags
- Fix for some players encountering an issue where their mouse stopped working after the last title update
- Fixed a bug in 3v3 Gunfight that allowed players to shoot through the center structure on King while using the AX-50
- Fixed an error that could occur when Hardline was earned in Specialist
- Quality of life backend fixes to help the Regiments and Social menus run smoother
- Fix for a spawn exploit on Vacant
- Fix for White Phosphorous killing all players instantly when in Realism modes
- Trials: Fix for the score at the end of “Fire in the Hole” not tallying up properly
- Fixed a bug for the “Kills with Enemy Weapon” Karma challenge not tracking properly
- Fixed Daily Challenges that require you to get an X number of kills with an enemy weapon
- Fix for an objective when completing Golem’s Operator Mission that requested 5 Kills with lethal equipment but was tracking with killstreaks.
- “Alliance” Objective 6: Complete any 4 Co-Op Operations has been fixed
- “Alliance” Objective 2: Requires 50 Juggernaut kills with Otter as your Coalition Operator. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where weapons stopped showing level progress 1 level before their max rank, giving the appearance that they are no longer gaining XP
- Striker 45: Fixing range and ADS speed to match the description of the 300mm Poly Barrel
- Model 680: Slight range increase
- Model 680 XRK 30.0 Sport: range increase
- Slight Range decrease and ADS increase to the following:Model 680 – XRK 18.0” Liberator
- R9-0 Force TAC Sentry
- Origin 12 Forge TAC Precision
- Under Barrel Shotguns: increased pellet count, reduced rate of fire, increased shell count to 8, tuned autoswap after ammo is complete, range increase
- Crossbow: Increased reload speed
- Fixed a bug where the Akimbo Snakeshot .357s did not register damage for both guns when fired on the same frame
- Reduced recoil to the SA87 12.4 Factory Barrel
- Increased close and mid-range damage for the AK 5.45x39mm round mags
Classic Special Operations:
- Fix for a graphical bug that could occur on mission "Disinform" while on Xbox
Special Operations: Survival
- Piccadilly: Fix for a bug where helicopters could clip through buildings
- Adjusted Cluster Strike damage towards enemy helicopters
- Fix for a bug where destroying the enemy helicopter/pilot was not awarding money as intended
- Operation Crosswind: Fix for a bug that could prevent players from using the Cruise Missile while having the Thermite Launcher equipped
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed an issue where the Juggernauts outside the airport might not pursue players after breaking stealth
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed a bug where a player would have infinite ammo and standard weapons if jumping out of the plane with the Juggernaut suit
Call of Duty League:
- When CDL Rules are enabled, the Restrictions warning icon will be displayed next to the buttons that contain CDL banned items, even if they are in sub menus. This should make it easier for players to know what parts of their loadouts need to be replaced in order to follow CDL Rules.
- Domination: Round timer set to 5 minutes (previously 6)
- Search and Destroy: Round timer set to 1 minute 30 seconds (from 2 minutes)
- Restricted Thermite, Throwing Knives, and Killstreaks to CDL playlist
- Reintroduced the Data View feature, allowing KBM Codcasters to view player information by pressing the keybind assigned in the Options menu.
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
A new Classified Mode has appeared on the main menu of Modern Warfare - with no real suggestions as to what this dedicated mode could be it MUST be the long-awaited Battle Royale.
Activision teased that more surprises are still to come and with a slightly underwhelming amount of content in Season 2, this makes perfect sense!
Season 2 Goes Live
The Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 2 update has officially arrived and with it a slew of new content. The season 2 battle pass is similar to its predecessor. It features 100 tiers and various weapon blueprints and cosmetic unlockables, the battle pass price is 1000 COD Points, alternatively, you can grab it at bundle price for 2400 CP, which includes 20 tier skips.
When logging into MW you'll find that the main menu has a new game mode greyed out, labelled Classified. Could this be the Battle Royale we've been waiting for?
Season 2 News & Road Map
It seems we're in for a lot of new content after we received an official Season 2 update from Activision's game blog.
Activision has officially said that they "intend to build great content for the long haul” for Modern Warfare and that there's “great new content coming with Season 2.”
They also said that there are more surprises to come - potentially hinting at the highly rumoured Battle Royale mode.
As of February 23, we know that Bazaar is landing for Gunfight mode any day now.
if you want to stay up to date with the latest information we suggest bookmarking and checking this page regularly.
You can also check out our Countdown blog - be sure to read it regularly for the latest development.
We're also keeping track of the Season 2 Road Map here.
Here is the latest news:
- 14th February - New camo teased by Infinity Ward's Art Director
- 11th February - Season 2 Goes Live With Classified Game Mode (Battle Royale)
- 10th February - New Official Season 2 Details Confirmed
- 10th February - Season 2 Trailer Is Leaked
- 8th February - GRAU 5.56 & Strike 45 SMG Confirmed
- 8th February - Rust Confirmed
- 8th February - Battle Pass Details confirmed
- 5th February - Playlist Update And Double XP
- 4th February - Playlist Update
- 4th February - Ghost Operator Teaser Released
Season 2 Trailer
Last night, a new leak emerged for Season 2 detailing the new maps coming to the game!
Ahead of the start of Season 2 the trailer leaked via Xbox profile capture, noted by CODTracker.
From the trailer, we can also see the new Ghost Operator in action as well as the new weapons - the GRAU 5.56 and Striker 45.
Season 2 Release Date And Start Time
Modern Warfare's Season 2 will begin on the 11th February 2020 at 6pm GMT for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (1pm ET/12pm CST/10am PT).
The initial news about Season 2's delay seems like a long time ago now.
So when will Season 2 end? Season 1 launched on the 3rd December and seasonal events tend to last 8 weeks in most games, which means that Season 2's could end on the following dates:
- 6th April (8 weeks)
- 13th April (9 weeks)
- 20th April (10 weeks)
If you're getting set for the new season, there's essential information you will need!
Below you can find our guides to dominate multiplayer this season:
- Weapon Tier List
- All Gun And Setup Guides (Including the M4A1, MP5, 725 and more!)
- Bazaar Map Guide
- Atlas Superstore Map Guide
- Boneyard Map Guide
- Rust Map Guide
- Khandor Hideout Map Guide
- How To Rank Up Your Battle Pass FAST
- Striker 45 Guide
- GRAU 5.56 Guide
- How To Unlock New Weapons
Modern Warfare Season 2 will bring in brand new maps (as expected) including Rust, Atlas Superstore, Zhokov Boneyard and Bazaar.
The classic 6v6 map returns to Modern Warfare with a major face-lift.
This iconic and chaotic map plays host to a number of duels. It won't be a surprise to see this also return as a Gunfight map.
Rust was confirmed a few days before as it was leaked on the official Call of Duty website, and today's new information shows that we'll be getting it on day one of Season 2.
CharlieIntel reported that the AR Card they were given back in July, for the MW reveal, had updated to show Rust.
We also had a small clue for it in the Ghost teaser.
One of the confirmed 6v6 maps is a brand new map - Atlas Superstore.
This huge retail building looks like it’s part-warehouse and part-store, and with tight store aisles leading into multiple chokepoints, it looks to be the ideal place for turret-based kill streaks.
If you were worried about a lack of aerial support in this indoor map, don’t panic. Atlas Superstore’s section of the trailer opens with a care package of some description falling in via gaps in the ceiling which suggests there’s a decent chance there will be nowhere to hide from airstrikes too.
Atlas Superstore is confirmed for day one of Season 2
You can check out our Atlas Superstore map guide here.
Boneyard finally returns to Call of Duty and gets its long-awaited debut in multiplayer.
Anyone that has played the campaign mission in MW2 will know how special this map is.
It will return as a Ground War map, complete with the infamous Scrapyard, which will likely feature as a 6v6 map later on (similar to the Vacant and Port of Verdansk relationship).
Zhokov Boneyard is confirmed for day one of Season 2.
You can check out our Boneyard map guide here.
Bazaar is located in Urzikstan, a region where much of the game’s campaign takes place.
It looks like there will be an added degree of versatility in this battlefield, with the four seconds of footage showing at least two levels of fighting – as well as a sneaking flanking route above ground level.
Bazaar is confirmed as a day one Season 2 Gunfight map.
Check out our Bazaar map guide here.
Players have commented on the limited map content compared to Season 1 - but there are still some maps in the game yet to be revealed.
Before launch, data miners found 38 maps in the PC files of the game - here are some of the maps we could eventually see:
10 maps were rumoured to be the favourites to appear in Season 2:
- Rust (Confirmed)
- Boneyard (Confirmed)
- Hardhat (recently added to files)
There are also plenty of other maps to come:
- Fork (Gunfight)
- Hook (Gunfight)
- Exclusion (Gunfight)
Boneyard has been confirmed, so it gives hope that Scrapyard will come with it.
Alongside this, it has been revealed that another map called Khandor Hideout will arrive later in the season.
Two New Weapons Confirmed
Season 2 will introduce two new guns into multiplayer - the GRAU 5.56 assault rifle and Strike 45 SMG.
It also seems a classified weapon will arrive later in the season - which appears to be a bolt action type weapon.
The GRAU 5.56 is described as "lightweight, manoeuvrable and full of potential," while the Striker 45 is a "hard-hitting and long-range SMG."
We've already been poised to expect new firepower after Season 1 introduced us to the RAM-7 and Holger-26.
The Striker 45 appears to be the weapon that was found in the game's files pre-launch (APC-45) - resembling MW2's UMP.
Both weapons will be free for everyone - but you may need to reach a specific level of the Battle Pass to unlock them.
A new season will likely feature new weapons, especially as a new Battle Pass is arriving.
We've already established that the GRAU 5.56 assault rifle and Strike 45 SMG are most likely on the way - but there could be others joining the party.
Before launch, it was rumoured that the ACR and the M16 would return from Modern Warfare past.
As well as this, a few more melee weapons could be added. The Ballistic Knife is likely to enter the game as it can be spotted in the latest execution move video.
Season 2 Battle Pass Details
The Call of Duty website also shed light on what we can expect in the Season 2 Battle Pass.
There will be 100 Tiers of content, some of which will be free, but the rest requires players to purchase the Pass for 1,000 CoD Points.
You'll be able to purchase 20 Tier skips for 2,400 CoD points, too.
As for Ghost? Well, he'll be "available instantly by purchasing the Battle Pass."
The question remains around a Battle Royale mode and if it was introduced what would happen to the state of the Battle Pass?
It could be that this mode will also contribute to the Battle Pass, or there could be the possibility of two. For now, it's unclear what the approach would be.
If you managed to grind your way through the battle pass for Season 1, you should have earnt enough points to buy the Season 2 pass for free.
This brings up a good reminder that the battle pass should provide enough COD points to then buy the Season 3 pass - unless Infinity Ward changes the structure.
Many COD fans were starting to lose faith in seeing a Modern Warfare Battle Royale but were recently reignited as new rumours and leaks have revealed.
A recent 50GB update and a new loading screen leak have led many to the missing game mode could debut in Season 2.
This new information, coupled with the fact the BR was intended to launch at the end of January, has led many to believe it will launch in Season 2.
Spec Ops & Campaign
However, with so much alternative content being introduced, we may not see as many as last time as Infinity Ward shift attention to competitive rather than co-operative multiplayer.
Ghost has been confirmed as a new Operator in Modern Warfare - and Infinity Ward gave us our first hint some time ago.
Those playing the Piccadilly map would have spotted the main screens teasing his return.
Easter eggs have also been popping up mentioning the Ghost of Verdansk, cementing claims that 'Ghost' will finally be added as an operator.
Two new operators will also join Ghost - Talon and Mace.
In the official announcement the following game modes have been confirmed:
- CDL Playlist (at launch)
- Gunfight Tournaments (at launch)
- Infected Ground War (later in the season)
- Gunfight Variants (later in the season)
- NVG Reinforce (later in the season)
- Demolition (later in the season)
There are plenty of unreleased game modes still yet to be put into the game such as:
- One In The Chamber - Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- All or Nothing - Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
- Rupture - Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy's base to win.
- Team Juggernaut - Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. First team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce - Capture points will revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Invasion - Take your team's flag into the enemy base.
- High-Value Target - Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high-value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Defender - Capture the drone and it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search & Rescue - Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Fire Mission - Eliminate enemies, capture HQ's and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault - Attackers attack a bombsite while defenders defend.
Fresh off the back of CDL London, a CDLplaylist is confirmed to be added to Season 2 on day one.
For those that aren't interested in the regular multiplayer, do not fear, Gunfight tournaments will feature as well!
Recently an Infinity Ward Director was grilled for details about Ranked Play on Reddit, to which they replied "Sorry. I don't have details on that."
It appears that the director may have just been misleading fans to keep the secret under wraps that bit longer.
Players have waited patiently for something that resembles ranked play or a CDL playlist since it was confirmed not to be arriving at launch.
A few weeks prior to Season 2 a large update arrived and now it's clear what that was for.