Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 is entering v15.20 very soon.
With the new season well underway, we're soon to be getting a new update to the popular Battle Royale game in the next week or two.
v15.20 is soon to arrive to mark the end of the Christmas themed event Operation Snowdown.
This Season's Bounty Hunter theme will continue on after Chapter 2 Season 4 was entirely Marvel-themed.
Although we've defeated Galactus, rifts are appearing on the island that could suggest he or something else will return at a later stage.
For now, we've had a completely different reality thrust upon us with the old map remaining intact, but many of the POIs have been replaced.
Here's what we know about the new season.
Find out more about Season 5 by clicking the links below:
- Latest News
- Release Date And Times
- Guides And Tutorials
- Update Size & Download
- Patch Notes
- PS5 And Xbox Series X
- Galactus Event - 'Devourer Of Worlds'
- Operation Snowdown
- Map Changes
- New Weapons And Items
- Mythic Weapons
- Emotes And Sprays
- Music Packs
- Battle Pass Rewards And Price
- Season 6
Keep up to date with the latest Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 information right here or checking out our live countdown.
FortniteStatus has noted the following changes will be coming to the game with the 15.21 update!
- New Boss Character + Mythic Item
- Jungle Hunter Quests
- IO Guards removed from Arena
Update 15.21 Coming Tomorrow - 19th January
It appears the new update will arrive tomorrow as Epic need to implement it for this week's challenges.
Read everything about 15.21 here.
Update States - 14th January
We'll be getting 15.21, 15.30, 15.40 and 15.50 in the current season.
String Updates - 13th January
- New string got hotfixed "Snow Strike"
- Travis Scott is coming to the Shop
- It seems as though the “Backscatter” outfit may have been renamed to “Trinity” and was given a new style.
- 14 Encrypted Paks
- Predator's Ship has landed
- Volcanos will appear during the Grefg LTM
- New creative fabs were added
- Planes have been vaulted
- IO Guards sounds have been lowered
- ZeroPoint Health Changes:
- ZeroPoint.HealthDuration: 10 -> 15
- ZeroPoint.EffectiveHealthPerTick: 1.5 -> 1
15.20 Map - 13th January
Photo via @FNLeaksAndInfo
Predator's ship has landed!
During the GrefG LTM, the map will be covered in lava - as well as Volcanoes being placed around the map.
New Lever Action Shotgun - 13th January
Hop Rock Dualies - 13th January
Photo via @Guille_GAG
All Cosmetics - 13th January
All added, modified images for 15.20
Bundles - 13th January
Mecha Constructor Bundle
Loading Screens - 13th January
Creator Patch Notes - 13th January
Check out the creator patch notes that Merl has posted!
Downtime Confirmed - 12th January
FortniteStatus on Twitter has confirmed the new update will be arriving tomorrow, and downtime will begin at 4:00am EST!
Battle up close and personal in our new update. v15.20 is scheduled for release on January 13.
Downtime for the update will begin at approx. 4 AM ET (09:00 UTC).
v15.20 Arriving Tomorrow? - 12th January
According to @FNLeaksAndInfo, v15.20 is dropping tomorrow.
Sand Tunneling Returning - 11th January
Did you notice that Sand Tunneling has been disabled for a long time?
Well, it's reportedly returning in the v15.20 update.
New Build Tested - 8th January
A new build of 15.20 was recently tested, increasing the likelihood that the update is coming next week.
Update Almost Ready - 7th January
VasttBlast has noted on Twitter that Epic has added update 15.20 into the pre-release staging phase.
Expect the new update within the next week or so!
Patch v15.20 has been added to the pre-release staging servers. Epic is currently testing this update version, and will most likely release within the upcoming week(s).
Windtunnels Return? - 7th January
Wind Tunnels/Slip Stream sounds effects have been re-added to Fortnite.
Will these appear in the next update?
Photo via @DrpyCatty
Here's what they look like:
v15.20 Update Coming Next Week? - 6th January
@iFireMonkey has claimed that the v15.20 update will arrive next week, or possibly the week after, rather than this week as everyone speculated.
He attributes this to the fact that the update has yet to reach the staging server.
Flip Reset Lobby Track - 6th January
Owners of the Flip Reset Lobby Track will be regranted the track with the release of the v15.20 game update.
v15.20 Patch Notes - 5th January
While there are no official patch notes for the next update, Epic have been updating the Fortnite Community Trello Board.
Here's what you can expect in the next update:
- Michonne Outfit visual issue with Cape back blings.
- We are aware that the Michonne Outfit (without the poncho edit style) has visual issues when using a Cape back bling. This issue will be fixed in a future game update.
- Rebooted players may see an already completed Bounty.
- If a Bounty was accepted and completed before a player was Rebooted, upon reboot they may see that Bounty appear on their screen.
- Since the Bounty was already completed while you were awaiting Reboot, simply let it time out.
- Total Bars appearing as 0 in a match.
- Players may on rare occasion load into a match without their total Bars available, showing 0 in their persistent stash.
- Don't worry, your total collected Bars are still tracked - but collecting Bars in the match where they appear at 0 will not add to your cumulative total.
- Loading into another match should show your total collected Bars, however any collected in the match where they appeared 0 will not have been added.
- Bars in Arena must be gathered in-match and your persistent stash is unavailable.
- Hypernova Outfit appearing as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in-match.
- The Hypernova Outfit may appear as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in a match.
Save The World Top
- Quest progress not instantly updating in the HUD and Quest Log.
- Quest progress may be slow to update in the HUD and Quest Log.
Bhangra Boogie Update - 28th December
FrenzyLeaks on Twitter has posted the following image, which notes that Bhangra Boogie emote set and dance will be in the item shop on December 30th, 2020!
v15.21 and 15.30 Now Being Tested - 16th December
New versions of Fortnite are now being tested!
Patch Notes - 15th December
Check out the full patch notes courtesy of JayKeyFN below!
Fortnite v15.20 Already Being Tested - 2nd December
When Does Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Start?
v15.20 of Fortnite is expected to land on the 7th January 2021.
Season 5 of Fortnite began on the 1st December 2020.
The current season will run until this date, as stated by the Battle Pass in-game.
The recent Fortnite Crew Subscription pass will begin on the 2nd December, leading people to believe this is when it will go live.
However, some speculation has arisen that it may be delayed until the 3rd December.
There are challenges in place for 14 weeks of content, the last of which will begin on the 26th November - meaning this delay may well be a possibility.
Battle Pass Trailer
Guides & Tutorials
Need some help with Fortnite? Check out our various guides and tutorials right here!
- Tips And Tricks And How To Get Better At Fortnite
- How To Level Up Fast In Fortnite
- How To Win A Game In Fortnite
- How To Get FREE Skins And V-Bucks In Fortnite
- How To Merge Your Accounts In Fortnite
- How To Log Out Of Fortnite Mobile For iOS or Android
- How to Show Your Ping In Fortnite
- How To Download Fortnite On Android
- Fishing Guide – How To Fish And Find Weapons
- Name Change Guide - How To Change Your Epic Display Name
- Split Screen Guide - How To Play Couch Co-Op On PS4 and Xbox One
- Cross-Play Guide: How To Cross-Play Between PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch and Mobile
- How To Gift The Battle Pass In Fortnite
- How to Party Assist In Fortnite
- How to Get Supercharged XP In Fortnite
- Map Guide, New POIs, Where To Land And More
- How To Build Fast, Building Tips and Tricks, Farm Materials And More
- How To Win In The New Season
HERE COMES THE MONEY: Check out our guides to get free V-Bucks!
Update Download And Size
- PS4 - 5 GB
- PS5 - 5 GB
- XBOX ONE/SERIES X - 2.37-3.07 GB
- PC - 23 GB
- ANDROID - 1.1 GB
- SWITCH - 3.2 GB
- PS4 - 5.136 GB
- PS5 - 27.7 GB
- XBOX ONE/SERIES X - 11.07 GB
- PC - 12GB
- ANDROID - <2 GB
- SWITCH - <5 GB
Each individual update afterwards is usually 3-5GB, with PC usually hitting 10+ and Android being less than 2GB.
Check out our update download guide to get the update as fast as possible.
v15.10 Patch Notes
- "There was a problem" error when joining Fortnite Crew on PlayStation.
- layers may encounter a "There was a problem" error when purchasing and joining Fortnite Crew on PlayStation 4 and 5 while the purchase is finalizing.
- This should be a visual issue only - and access to your Battle Pass, Crew items, and V-Bucks will appear in a few minutes, depending on server load.
- Fortnite Crew button missing on PlayStation after joining.
- Players may not see the Fortnite Crew button on the Battle Pass screen on PlayStation 4 and 5 after joining up.
- Fortnite Crew can still be accessed from the hamburger ‘Start/Options’ menu.
- Fortnite Crew "time remaining" timer may appear off by a day.
- Depending on your local time, the "time remaining" for your Fortnite Crew subscription may appear to be missing a day. The time is currently displayed in UTC rather than your local time zone.
- Cancelling Fortnite Crew on a different platform.
- Cancelling your Fortnite Crew subscription on a different platform than the one you signed up on may tell you to go back to your original platform to complete the cancellation.
- You may ignore this and select ‘Leave Fortnite Crew’ then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Multiple actions' names are missing from the Custom Controller settings.
- Multiple actions' names are missing from the Custom Controller settings.
- Quests wrongly marked as "New."
- Quest can be marked as "New" every time progress is made on them or the game is restarted.
- Fishing Collection Book leaderboard and friend progress not visible.
- Players will not see the leaderboard score or their friend’s completion progress when viewing the Fishing Collection Book in the Front End Lobby.
- Widow's Light Back Bling not visible on PC with Effects set to Low.
- We’re aware of an issue causing the Widow's Light Back Bling to be invisible when Effects are set to low under graphic settings on PC.
- Certain NPCs are granting Storm Surge credit when damaged in Arena.
- Certain NPCs will grant Storm Surge credit when damaged in Arena/competitive playlists.
- Big Chuggus's Character Collection tab lists an extra 3rd location.
- Big Chuggus's entry in the Character Collection tab lists a third location. He only appears in two locations, the last entry is erroneous.
New Update - 15th December
- Charge Shotgun spawn rate has been reduced in loot drops
- Gold Currency now drops in higher numbers
- Haptic Feedback added for PS5 Controllers
- iOS gifting re-enabled
- Plane icons re-added
- Mogul Master skins will return in this update and Star Wars skins (or at least a background) also got slightly changed.
- Victory Royales are now Winter Royales
- Trio Bot lobbies added
- Encrypted sets:
- Weapons for Planes returning for the Air Royale LTM
- Black Panther Emote being added means we're likely to get a skin
- New LTM Strings:
- "Catch!, Air Royale, Tilted Taxis, Shockwave, Score Royale, Rally Royale or Pickaxe Frenzy!"
- New Legacies
v15.00 Patch Notes
- Semi-Auto Shotgun (Common)
- Damage 6.8>7.2
- Damage Mid Range: 4.08>4.32
- Damage Long Range: 1.7>1.8
- Semi-Auto Shotgun (Uncommon)
- Damage 7.1>7.6
- Damage Mid Range: 4.26>4.56
- Damage Long Range: 1.775>1.9
- Semi-Auto Shotgun (Rare)
- Damage 7.5>8
- Damage Mid Range: 4.5>4.8
- Damage Long Range: 1.875>2
- Semi-Auto Shotgun (Epic)
- Damage 7.9>8.4
- Damage Mid Range: 4.74>5.04
- Damage Long Range: 1.975>2.1
- Semi-Auto Shotgun (Legendary)
- Damage 8.3>8.8
- Damage Mid Range: 4.98>5.28
- Damage Long Range: 2.075>2.2
PS5 And Xbox Series X
With Season 5 being the first season to run on a new generation of consoles, there's a lot to be excited about.
The PS5 and Xbox Series X will offer very similar enhancements including
- 4K and 120 frames per second
- Unreal Engine 4 before moving over to Unreal Engine 5 in the middle of 2021.
- Ray Tracing likely to be added
- Available at launch
- Remains free-to-play
The Xbox Series S will support 1080p 60FPS and Split Screen now also supports 60 FPS on all next-gen platforms.
These ray-tracing features can be broken down into four categories:
- Reflections: these make shiny surfaces such as glass, windows and other things reflect their surroundings more accurately rather than be filled with pre-baked images
- Ambient Occlusion: this fills in objects with subtle and realistic shadows where their surfaces meet
- Global Illumination: this will allow light to play more realistically across the environment even as it changes
- Shadows: simply put, the shadows will look better
Chapter 2 Season 5 Storyline
Galactus eventually arrives on the island and attempts to consume the 'Zero Point'.
Tony Stark intervenes and stops him from doing so, teleporting him away from the island itself.
Tony has created tons of modified Battle Buses, turning them into bombs, in order to send Galactus back from where he came from.
Afterwards, there's a brief scene with Agent Jonesy waking up from a comatose state.
It appears he has hired Hunters to keep everything in check and stop people leaving the loop.
There's a thread of Jonesy quotes that could reveal more about the story here.
The Galactus Event ended with a huge win for team Marvel and seems to have saved the island.
Galactus arrived on the island and attempts to consume the 'Zero Point'.
Tony Stark intervenes and stops him from doing so, teleporting him away from the island itself.
Tony has created tons of modified Battle Buses, turning them into bombs, in order to send Galactus back from where he came from; with help from the player.
The traditional Winterfest event was replaced with Operation Snowdown.
This event tasked players with a number of challenges around the map complete with rewards - the two most coveted ones being the Snowmando and Frost Squad Skin
v15.10 Map Update
v15.00 Map Update
Here are some of the new locations:
New Weapons And Items
- Tactical Shotguns
- Submachine Gun
- Double-Barrel Shotgun
- Charge (TBC)
- Fire Trap
- Burst Assault Rifle
- Pump Shotgun
- Fire Flopper
- Hop Flopper
- Midas Flopper
- Boogie Bombs
- Epic Revolver
- Epic Scoped Assault Rifle
- Epic Pump Shotgun
- Combat Shotgun
- Epic Assault Rifle
- Epic Tac SMG
- Epic Burst Assault Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
- Rare LMG
- Amaban Sniper
- Rifle Boom Sniper Rifle
- The Dub
- Shadow Tracker
- Storm Scout Sniper Rifle
- Night Hawk
- Bars (Large)
- Bars (Small)
- Bounty Board
- The Mandalorian's Jetpack
- Rift Flopper
- Snowy Flopper
- Zero Point Flopper
Spend Your Wages - The new characters only accept one form of payment: bars! Earn bars by completing quests and bounties, eliminating players, or finding hidden stashes around the island. Spend your earned bars on new exotic weapons, upgrades, intel, services and more.
The two Mythic weapons so far are the Mandalorian Jetpack and Amban Sniper Rifle.
Here's how to find them.
Emotes And Sprays
Photo via @FortTory
New fish hae been added including:
- Rift Flopper > max stack 2
- Snowy Flopper (Snowman?) > heals 15 & max stack 3
- Zero Point Flopper > heals 15 & max stack 5
The current theme is called 'Zero Point' and revolves around Bounty Hunters, Survival and Parallel Universes.
Here's a look at all past themes:
- CH1S1: No Theme
- CH1S2: Medieval
- CH1S3: Space
- CH1S4: Super Heroes
- CH1S5: Worlds Collide
- CH1S6: Halloween
- CH1S7: Winter
- CH1S8: Pirates
- CH1S9: Future
- CH1SX: Time
- CH2S1: Doppelgangers
- CH2S2: The Agency
- CH2S3: Water/Flood
- CH2S4: Marvel
What's in store for us in the future? DC may have been watching the Marvel theme unfold and may want to get involved themselves down the line. However, we already have a number of DC themed skin and items in-game; it would be tough to offer as many unique items.
Although, DC have a number of new films coming out soon including Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman; it would make for a good marketing tool.
The Hightower event could suggest a Celtic theme is on the cards.
If neither of these events happens, here are some theme suggestions we could see:
- Cops and Robbers
The Battle Pass will once again play an important part in the season and although we're unsure what it will include, we can expect plenty of skins, emotes, pickaxes and gliders.
The new Battle Pass will contain 100 tiers of content for players to complete over the span of the season.
The premium Battle Pas will cost 950 V-Bucks for the battle pass - this is about £7-8.
You can also obtain the Battle Pass Bundle, which will cost 2800 V-Bucks and rewards you with access to the first 25 tiers of the Battle Pass immediately.
Gifting the Battle Pass will cost $7.59 (without tax).
Alternatively, you can use the V-Bucks you accumulated throughout Season 4 to purchase the new pass for free.
To go from Level 1 to Level 100 without buying ANY tiers you'll need to gain 7,570,000 XP total.
If you're not interested in spending money, you can complete the free battle pass; although it will come with considerably fewer rewards.
Battle Pass Outfit Names:
More rewards will arrive in the Battle Pass as the season goes.
As usual, weekly challenges will arrive in-game to help players complete their Battle Pass faster, which will last around 15 weeks.
Here are all of the challenges for this season:
A Mandalorian skin is available as part of the Battle Pass.
Players can upgrade their Mandalorian skin by completing weekly quests!
He's also an NPC on the map, that you can fight, who will drop Mythic Weapons when defeated.
Season 6 will arrive when the battle pass for Season 5 ends - which is due to be the 15th March 2021.