Chapter 2 Season 5 has been live for just a few weeks and we're already looking at our first big event in the new season.
Winterfest 2020 should be releasing TODAY as the V15.10 update went live earlier this week.
You may have noticed the Christmas themed aesthetics located around the map since Tuesday's update; this isn't a coincidence.
It's a staple part of the Fortnite calendar and one that many look forward to as it offers an array of items and rewards to claim.
Not to mention the map and loot pool get shaken up with exciting new modes and lots of other changes.
If Fortnitemares 2020 is anything to go by Winterfest 2020 looks set to be the best iteration yet!
Click the links below to read everything we know about Fortnite's Winterfest:
- Latest News
- Patch Notes
- Release Date And Time
- Quest And Challenges
- Loading Screens
- Snowman NPC
- Music Packs
Snow Covered Map? - 18th December
@StrawDesertHD has claimed that the map may not get much more snow than it already has.
However, he is expecting places such as Craggy Cliffs and Weeping Woods to be covered at some point (and potentially the whole map).
Leaked Rewards - 17th December
Winterfest 2020 Leaks - 17th December
v15.10 Update Live - 15th December
Read all of the new leaks for Winterfest right here.
Winterfest Updates - 15th December
After the most recent v15.10 update, players will notice a number of new updates to prepare them for the Winterfest event.
- iOS gifting re-enabled
- Plane icons re-added
- Victory Royales are now Winter Royales
- Weapons for Planes returning for the Air Royale LTM
- New LTM Strings:
- "Catch!, Air Royale, Tilted Taxis, Shockwave, Score Royale, Rally Royale or Pickaxe Frenzy!"
The creator patch notes sent out the night of the new update have confirmed that Winterfest 2020 is going to be called 'Operation: Snowdown'
Take a look at the patch notes below courtesy of JayKeyFN!
Release Date And Time
The Winterfest event will begin on the 18th December 2020.
We're expecting this event to begin anytime between 2-4pm GMT - this is because the item shop resets at 2pm.
This should run for the duration of the weekend and into next week.
Quests And Challenges
Here are the challenges for Operation Snowdown (be sure to click the links for a more in-depth guide to completing that challenge):
- Complete Epic Quests 0/73
- Visit different Snowmando outposts 0/1 (10000XP)
- Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle 0/100 (10000XP)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests 0/9 (Snowmando Skin)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests 0/12 (Skin)
- Dance at different Holiday trees 0/5 (10000XP)
- Search chests at Snowmando outposts 0/5 (10000XP)
- Place Top 10 with friends in squads 0/3 (20000XP)
- Destroy Nutcracker statues 0/5 (10000XP)
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings 0/5000 (10000XP)
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings 0/10 (20000XP)
- Collect Gold Bars 0/100 (10000XP)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper 0/1 (10000XP)
- Revive a player in different matches 0/3 (20000XP)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches 0/3 (10000XP)
- Play duo/squads with friends 0/5 (20000XP)
- Stoke a campfire 0/2 (10000XP)
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts 0/250 (10000XP)
- Use the Big Chill to apply ice feet to opponents 0/10 (20000XP)
You can read our guide for it right here.
Here's a look at what the map will look like with the new Winterfest update!
Is Frosty about to become a Fortnite Boss?
After the Marvel crossover, the idea isn’t impossible but it looks like an upcoming NPC is going to be more friend than foe.
A Snowman NPC has been found in the game’s files according to @HYPEX on Twitter.
What is unique about this NPC, at least compared to others in Battle Royale so far, is that they have proper voice lines programmed in.
According to another HYPEX Tweet, they seem to suggest the snowman will give quests and grant players with loot.
This could even happen mid-game! Based on the leaks the Snowman is currently primed to say the following voice lines:
- Greetings my Hot blooded friend, which task would you like to perform for me?
- You Look Hot...
- Magic Claw
- Find Chests
- Not Yet
- Find those chests!
- You won't ever see this
- Here ya go!
We’re both excited and confused by this move, but perhaps it will link to Fortnitemares style LTM, which changes up something core about the game to celebrate the Holidays.
We’ll just have to wait and see!
Weapons And Items
@Mang0e has informed us that we could get two Exotic weapons:
- Brrrrrst AR - Burst AR that seems to "freeze" enemies (maybe reduces movement speed)
- Frozen SMG - This weapon is a P90 that will give enemies or the user the ice feet "slide" effect.
- Lever Action Rifle
- Dragon's Breath Sniper
- Snowy Floppers
- Snowball Launcher
Here's a look at some of the new weapons and items:
The Winterfest event last year was fantastic, giving you so many cosmetics and gifts that we still use like the Millenium Falcon Glider!
The main aspect of the event was for players to open presents each day for two weeks.
Hopefully, we’ll get something like that again this year.