Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 has been one of the best seasons for casual players in quite some time.
The Marvel-themed season has implemented a whole array of content every week, and it doesn't seem to be letting up.
Now, we are underway with Fortnitemares; which should last for roughly two weeks.
The recent 14.40 update has added a bunch of new files and details as the new event has gone live.
So what can we expect from Fortnitemares?
Check out more information about Fortnitemares by clicking the links below:
- Latest News
- Release Date
- Patch Notes
- Guides And Tutorials
- Map Changes
- POI - Heart Lake
- Challenges & Quests
- Leaked Skins
- Marvel Comics
New Midas Skin - 21st October
A new, but unfinished, Midas Skin is coming to Fortnite.
Free Emote For Logging In - 21st October
Users will get a free emote for logging into Fortnite during Fortnitemares!
Ghostbusters, Ghostrider And Ant-Man Skins Added - 21st October
New strings have revealed that a Ghost Rider skin could be added (believed to be arriving as a free skin in the Marvel Cup Series) as well as Ant-Man according to some quest strings.
On a non-Marvel front, Ghostbusters skins have been found:
- Ghostbusters Gear
- Ghostbusters Crew
- Ghostbusters Patrol
- Skull Squad Pack
Rise from the crypt and creep on the unsuspecting with this bone chilling Skeleteam! Rattle your bones with the Skull Squad pack!
Fortnitemares: Reven of Midas Trailer - 21st October
Fortnitemare Rewards - 21st October
From the realm of Shadows comes more than just the regenerated. As you roam the Island, pick up the Pumpkin Rocket Launcher, fight foes with the Fiend Hunter Crossbow, ride on a Witch Broom, and employ a new invention by Midas. The Shadows were even kind enough to bring candy as well.
Fortnitemares Creative Islands - 21st October
Over the course of Fortnitemares, Fortnite Creative will feature four Fortnitemares-inspired featured islands.
In each featured island, you’ll be able to discover digits of mysterious code. Explore these haunted islands and combine 20 total digits to get the Wrath's Wrath Wrap.
New Rewards From Challenges
Party Trooper Outfit - 21st October
J Balvin Brings The Afterlife Party - 21st October
Reggaeton Global ambassador superstar and four-time Latin GRAMMYⓇ winner J Balvin comes to Party Royale with the Afterlife Party, a special performance of Latin culture and hip-hop including the debut of his brand new song ft. Sech!
The party begins at the Main Stage in Party Royale on October 31 at 9 PM ET (6 PM PT).
Dancefloor Soldier Skin - 20th October
@HYPEX has claimed that an upcoming "Dancefloor Soldier" skin will be in Fortnitemares.
Description: "He showed up to the party a couple of centuries earlier than expected. Dancefloor Soldier owners who take part in the Nightmare Party on October 31st will receive an exclusive J Balvin style!"
Leaked Halloween Skins - 20th October
Check out clear video footage of the leaked skins in the new Halloween event.
New Halloween Related Strings - 13th October
- Grave - You'll need speed and wit to take home this victory. Collect tickets to unlock the finish line and then get there quick or get left in the dust.
- Encrypted Candy Bucket emote
- Files referencing to a new POI called HeyBoo "Athena.Location.POI.HeyBoo" my guess its encrypted or it will be fully-added next update for Fortnitemares.
- The following outfits will be available to purchase soon: "Willow Outfit / Dolly Back Bling", "Catrina Outfit / Mourning Glory Back Bling", "Blacklight Outfit / Indigo Wings Back Bling"
- Upcoming consumables: Wbroom, Pepper Ming, Hop Drop, Candy Corn, Jelly Bean, Thermal Taffy
- Brooms as mobility in this fortnitemares, there's a consumable codename called "Wbroom" and a loot box calles "Broom Box"
SuperStore POI Is Now A Hey Boo Store - 13th October
To get ready for the upcoming Halloween event, The SuperStore POI has now changed into a Hey Boo Store.
Ultimate Reckoning And Goth Legends Packs Added For Halloween - 13th October
Pumpkin Launcher Animation - 5th October
Animations for the "Ghostly Ghost Henchman" Fortnitemares NPC.
Pumpkin launcher animations for the upcoming "Ghostly Ghost Henchman" Fortnitemares NPC! (this model is just a placeholder, and thanks to @Sharp_3D for the 3D model help) pic.twitter.com/dFjdaC7i78
— HYPEX 🎃 (@HYPEX)
Fortnitemares begun on the 21st October and will finish on the 2nd November.
Epic sent out the following patch notes to creators Tuesday night:
Ghostly new gameplay
- “Fortnitemares returns with a terrifying twist in solos, duos, and squads! What was once the Agency has been reclaimed by the ranks of a reawakened mastermind out for revenge. Join his army to fight alongside friend and foe alie and snatch a shadowy victory from the living.”
- “The island is overrun with haunted huts and daunting decorations. Complete new challenges and get a new terrifying ‘back bling,’ pickaxe, XP, and more.”
Loot-pool changes: Trick-or-treat edition
- “We’re vaulting the charge shotgun; let us know how this changes your play. Ghoulish weapons have returned to aid in the shadowy showdown. Soar through the skies like a witch, while those with a sweet tooth will find new treats quite enhancing. More superpowers are rotating in, so put those fists up.”
The v14.40 update “arises tomorrow, October 21. Downtime starts at approx. 04:00 a.m. ET,” the Fortnite Status account tweeted Tuesday evening.
“Please note the patch size will be larger than normal on PC (approx. 27 GB). This is to make optimizations on PC resulting in a massively reduced Fortnite file size (over 60 GB smaller), smaller downloads for future patches, and improved loading performance.”
Guides & Tutorials
Need some help with Fortnite? Check out our various guides and tutorials right here!
- Tips And Tricks And How To Get Better At Fortnite
- How To Level Up Fast In Fortnite
- How To Win A Game In Fortnite
- How To Get FREE Skins And V-Bucks In Fortnite
- How To Merge Your Accounts In Fortnite
- How To Log Out Of Fortnite Mobile For iOS or Android
- How to Show Your Ping In Fortnite
- How To Download Fortnite On Android
- Fishing Guide – How To Fish And Find Weapons
- Name Change Guide - How To Change Your Epic Display Name
- Split Screen Guide - How To Play Couch Co-Op On PS4 and Xbox One
- Cross-Play Guide: How To Cross-Play Between PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch and Mobile
- How To Gift The Battle Pass In Fortnite
- How to Party Assist In Fortnite
- How to Get Supercharged XP In Fortnite
- How To Hack Stark's Robots
- Map Guide, New POIs, Where To Land And More
- How To Build Fast, Building Tips and Tricks, Farm Materials And More
- How To Win In The New Season
GOOD DOCTOR: This skin transforms with a built-in emote
Cosmetics have also received new variants:
- Buzzy Bag
- Honey Hitters
- Jack Gordon [two new variants]
- Party Trooper
- Wrong Turn
New Emotes! pic.twitter.com/4g5HkoUvSV
— HYPEX 🎃 (@HYPEX)
Shadow Midas and his reawakened Henchmen have reclaimed what was once The Agency. During Fortnitemares, you’ll follow in their phantom footsteps and haunt your adversaries on the Island.
After being eliminated in Solo, Duos, or Squads, return to battle as a Shadow for your shot at a Nitemare Royale. Join fellow Shadows to defeat survivors by using your otherworldly abilities, like possessing the body of vehicles…
Witch Shacks can be found around the map, this is where you can find brooms.
Heart Lake POI
A new POI is being added to the game, called 'Heart Lake'.
@HYPEX found some ambient audio effects in the game’s files, for a “Wood Area”, “Brick Area” and “Metal Area”.
Not only do they give off an eerie vibe, but a second dataminer, Mang0e pointed out their similarity to Fortnimare’s Save the World dungeons from last year, perhaps we’ll see them used in a POI or an LTM in the Battle Royale!
Challenges, Quests And Legacies
- Become a Shadow
- Travel 100 meters on a Witch Broom
- Eat Candy
- Deal damage with a Possessed Vehicle
- Detect players as a Shadow
- Eliminate Shadow Midas
- Eliminate shadows as Player
- Visit Different Witch Shacks
- Consume legendary loot as a Shadow
- Defeated Shadow Midas during Fortnitemares
- Drove a vehicle as Ghost Rider
- Landed on Ant-Man
- Processed a vehicle during Fortnitemares
Like any Fortnite event, we already have an ample amount of leaks.
We will have to wait and see what else gets leaked in the coming weeks!
Don't Miss Out!Get 10,000 Vbucks and an extra 3500 FREE, right here!
As the Halloween event approaches, many players will be wondering what will happen to the Marvel theme in Fortnite.
Will it coincide with Halloween or will it be forgotten about for a week?
It wouldn't be a surprise to see a number of Marvel superheroes features as item shop skins in the event.
A number of references to superheroes, yet to be released, have been found in the game and through images.
We could see the likes of Ghost Rider and Venom, some more Halloween friendly superheroes, pop up at some point during the event.