Season 3 is here, and we have all of the latest info.
Warzone has reinstated the popular Plunder Trios mode - recently replaced by Plunder Duos. The battle royale mode also received a well needed fix and new features.
In the new season, we have been blessed with three new maps - COD4's Backlot, Hovec Sawmill and Aniyah Incursion while wielding two new weapons - the SKS sniper and Renetti pistol.
With the recent release of MW2 Campaign Remastered on PS4, Xbox One and PC users will finally get their turn to play this reimagined campaign.
Here's everything we know about Season 3 in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
BE SURE TO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE TO KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST SEASON 3 NEWS.
Looking to find information about a certain topic? Click the links below
- Latest News
- End Date
- Patch Notes
- MW2 Remastered Campaign
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Season 3 Battle Pass Rewards & Vehicle Skins
- Spec Ops/Survival Map
- Game Modes
- Gamebattles Integration
- New Trials
Be sure to stay up to date with the latest news on our live countdown blog for Modern Warfare Season 3.
New Content - 18th May
This week in Modern Warfare and Warzone, brand-new content is arriving, including the release of Hardhat, Aisle 9 and much more.
Alongside the new maps, a new 3v3 game mode will be releasing on Modern Warfare.
- Hardhat 24/7 - Get familiar with the Hardhat as it returns to Modern Warfare.
- Clean Up on Aisle 9 - A brand-new 3v3 playlist hosting TDM, Kill Confirmed, Grind and Domination.
The "Ghost Pack Contingency" bundle is the latest cosmetics bundle to arrive in the store. Alongside a classic Ghost Operator skin, there is a new Legendary Assault Rifle blueprint that can be earned.
- Blood Money Quads - Grab an extra player and begin collecting Cash to finish top of the leaderboard!
- Classic Battle Royale (LTM) - This mode strips Warzone down to its bare essentials. There are no contracts, no Buy Stations and no Gulag. Outlast the rest of the teams to become the last team standing!
New Glitch Places Players In Hardhat Map - 15th May
Players are experiencing a glitch that places them in a lobby with the map Hardhat. The game either kicks players out or does not start.
Hardhat Still Coming In Season 3 - 11th May
Hardhat is still on the cards for Season 3 and is set to arrive during the midseason update.
Joe Cecot confirmed via Twitter that it is still coming.
When Will Season 3 Of Modern Warfare End?
Each season of Modern Warfare lasts around eight weeks, and with Season 3 launching on Wednesday, April 8, we should expect Season 4 to launch on or around Wednesday, June 2nd.
Also, according to the 'expiry timer' of the season 3 battle pass, season 4 will drop after 55 days (from the initial release date), meaning, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 4 release date will indeed be around June 2nd.
Check out our Season 3 guides here:
- How To Unlock The Renetti Handgun And The SKS Marksman Rifle
- Aisle 9 Map Guide Preview
- Hardhat Map Guide Preview
- SKS Setup Guide And Best Attachments
- Talsik Backlot Map Guide
- How To Rank Up Your Battle Pass FAST
- M4A1 Setup And Best Attachments
- MP7 Setup And Best Attachments
- MP5 Setup And Best Attachments
- Renetti Setup And Best Attachments
The patch update is 11.6GB on PS4, 13.6GB on Xbox One, and 16GB on PC.
Here are the full patch notes for Season 3:
- Lowered the max amount of XP and score given for Decoy Grenade assists
- Backend fixes to help Memory Error 13-71 issues. If you’re still experiencing this error, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present in the squad walk in the main multiplayer menu
- As an owner of a regiment, players could sometimes see an error when selecting another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to skip cutscenes in the campaign while using keyboard and mouse controls
- Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to see Clan Tags for other players in the Social Menu after restarting app, or going through a power cycle
- Fixed an issue where some players could encounter graphical corruptions, causing their screen to have a black ‘shadow’ that followed them. This has been fixed
- Fix for an area on St. Petrograd that lacked collision and allowed the Recon Drone to fly out of bounds
- Fixed a bug that made clan tags appear twice
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from speaking to their team in a custom match if they switched teams after the match has started
- Lowered the volume of the plane audio during infill
- Lowered the audio once you enter the Gulag
- Reduced the volume of occluded far and distant weapons
- Some footstep sounds while ADS and crouched were cut short on the distance you could hear them, depending on the surface type
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of the EBR could out perform the base version of the same weapon
- Players with the "Cherry Blossom" variant of the Akimbo handguns could have broken animations while ADS on ladders. This has been fixed
- Firing a smoke grenade with the under barrel 40mm smokescreen launcher did not emit any smoke from the grenade. This has been fixed
- Attaching the Sniper Scope to the MK2 Carbine while in the Gunsmith would show a white, opaque lens. This has been fixed.
- Tightened the pellet spread on the Slug 6-R Mags for the Model 680
- Akimbo weapons now start with 2 extra magazines of ammunition instead of 1
- Tightened up the hip spread on the VLK Rogue Shotgun
- Decreased ADS spread for shotgun slugs
- Added descriptions to slugs noting that longer barrels and chokes improve ADS accuracy
- Updating names of weapons to match weapon logos725: “FTAC Equilibrium” renamed to “Cronen Equilibrium”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4" Archangel” renamed to “Tempus 26.4" Archangel”
- Added on-screen text to call out when a player’s vehicle is damaged
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for an error that could occur after launching the drone
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed a bug where the minimap could overlap the Objectives on screen
- Fall damage is now the same in Co-Op as it is in Warzone
- We now tell you how far away you are from your teammates while in a match
- Fix for the gas mask animation interrupting and blocking players from deploying their parachute
- Various exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where players were unable to revive teammates after getting interrupted during the initial revive animation
- Fixed a bug where players could be killed by vehicles without being near the player
- Fixed an issue that could display the incorrect rank on screen after the player’s game application had been suspended and reopened
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone would use the VO lines for a Personal Radar. That VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could become invincible if they become downed while switching seats in a Tac Rover
- While spectating a player in the Gulag, the option to redeploy your teammate would appear on screen, even though they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player spectates the winning team of a BR match, the After-Action Report will display the winning team's score in the scoreboard tab. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a Shield Turret on a teammate could kill them
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t swap out the M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder tutorial
- Fix for players unable to self-revive in Solos
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $10,000
- Removed Blood Splatter and Screen Shake when being punched in the Gulag waiting area
- Removed Loss Column from BR Leaderboard and replaced with Top 10s
- Fixed issue with final circles occurring out of bounds or in undesirable areas
- Fixed issue with Armor plates and Killstreaks being unusable under certain conditions
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
MW2 Remastered Campaign
The MW2 Remastered Campaign is available for PS4 users NOW!
Those that buy the game will get access to the UDT Ghost Bundle.
Xbox One and PC users may pre-purchase the game now, it will launch on the 30th April (during Season 3).
Those that pre-order will get access to the UDT Ghost Bundle immediately.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Maps
The new Season of Modern Warfare will bring a total of FOUR new multiplayer maps:
- Talsik Backlot
- Hovec Sawmill
- Aniyah Incursion
- Hardhat (releasing later in the season)
In the middle of the Urzikstan desert lies an urban city with a major construction project taking place at its centre.
With its citizens long evacuated, combat takes place from door-to-door as teams fight for control of the various overlooks and buildings.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare fans should feel right at home in this Backlot, as it is a remaster of the original map from that game. And for those who are playing this map for the first time, prepare for a great mix of close-quarters combat and long-range sniper duels.
Here's a leaked image of the mini-map from data miners, containing a new back area.
This6v6, three-lane map with a balance of mid to long-range sightlines. Here’s the story behind it:
A sleepy farming village is under peril, as its main sawmill building has caught fire. Operators will fight within the burning wreckage and around it, visiting the local businesses such as the butchery, the mess hall, and even the beekeeper’s area, which includes a couple of active hives!
Although this humble community is a beautiful one, don’t let it distract you from the battle. Use rooftops of buildings to gain the high ground against enemies sprinting from building to building below and use the splashes of footsteps on the rolling river to track down flanking players.
Here's a look at the mini-map.
This is a much smaller version of the classic Ground War map, made for 6v6 action.
Note the long sightlines looking out over the main courtyard and pool, along with the small crawl spaces within the palace that can be used to flank your enemies. And be careful with Killstreaks:
The Palace can make it tricky to aim them into this complex, so placement will be key to getting those confirmed kills.
Players will also get a new Gunfight map called 'Aisle 9' later in the season.
Before launch, data miners found 38 maps in the PC files of the game. As we're two seasons deep, we've seen some of these make it to the full game but there are plenty more still to come.
- Oil Rig
- Seine Don
- Military Base 2
- Firing Range
Allegedly there are 60 maps in the works for Modern Warfare at the moment.
We've also got a number of Gunfight maps to look forward to
- Fork (Gunfight)
- Hook (Gunfight)
- Exclusion (Gunfight)
- Boneyard (Gunfight)
- Cornfield (Gunfight)
- Theatre (Gunfight)
- Townhouse (Gunfight)
- Train (Gunfight)
- Trench (Gunfight)
- Walco 2 (Gunfight)
- Drainage (Gunfight)
- King PM (Gunfight)
- Exclusion (Gunfight)
- Layover (Gunfight)
Some of these may just be codenames and not their final map names.
With Boneyard making an appearance, plenty are hopeful that Scrapyard will make an appearance as a 6v6 or 10v10 map; TheGamingRevolution is convinced it will arrive.
One Reddit user has crafted a theory that Dome may return in Season 3.
Considering the past two seasons have brought back the two smallest maps on previous Modern Warfare games (Shipment in Season 1 and Rust in Season 2), it wouldn't be a bad idea to see Dome.
Dome was remastered in Call of Duty: Ghosts as 'Unearthed'.
Three new weapons are arriving in Season 3 - only two have been confirmed:
- SKS sniper rifle
- Renetti pistol
The Renetti will be availabel at level 15 in the battle pass and the SKS will be unlocked at level 31.
This is a lightweight semi-automatic Carbine chambered in 7.62x39mm.
This hard-hitting and agile Soviet rifle focuses on utility over accuracy.
It flaunts a faster fire rate than other weapons in its class, but a carefully placed round will eliminate the need for follow up shots entirely.
This classic DMR has seen a lot of battles, and its unique gunsmith configurations reflect a diverse service history.
This is a well rounded semi-auto 9mm pistol.
This unassuming sidearm excels in close range combat and features gunsmithing capabilities unique to the pistol class that permit a variety of engagement strategies.
In the roadmap teaser, it's been shown that a new weapon will also be arriving as well as Gunsmith Customs.
A new weapon may have been inadvertently discovered thanks to PrestigeIsKey.
The famous YouTuber has found in the recently released Warzone mode that an axe/hatchet can be found.
It is just a visual glitch and in a video that he posted, it was in fact a custom SMG.
It has ultimately led to speculation that a new melee weapon will be added in Season 3 as there are no melee variants in the multiplayer and no melee weapons in the Battle Royale.
As well as this, a few more melee weapons could be added. The Ballistic Knife is likely to enter the game as it can be spotted in an execution video.
Before launch, it was rumoured that the ACR and the M16 would return from Modern Warfare past - we've yet to see either of these weapons arrived so far.
Call of Duty: Warzone
It's been confirmed that quads will be arriving in the new season of Warzone for Battle Royale and Plunder. Players will also get to try out Scopes & Scatter Guns - which is a snipers and shotgun only mode.
Furthermore, ground loot will have a continuous overhaul to diversify the strategies you can take across Warzone. Expect to see every weapon type with a silenced and non-silenced variant, allowing squads to kit themselves for silent operations
New weapons and blueprints will be added to Supply Boxes and ground loot to Verdansk and stay tuned for additional meta updates as the Warzone further evolves.
More modes are set to arrive later in the season and in a list of leaks from u/Senescallo we can confirm a number of different playlist and modes will be added.
- Battle Royale Duos - Teams of Two. Loot and Kill. Last team standing wins.
- Battle Royale Quads - Teams of Four. Loot and Kill. Last team standing wins.
- Battle Royale High Action "Claustrophobia" - Loot and Kill. The Gas closes in faster, so get moving.
- Battle Royale Shotty Snipers - Shotguns and Snipers only. Near? Far? Wherever...BR. There are no Loadout drops.
- Battle Royale One Shot - Battle Royale with 1-shot Headshots and no loadout drops.
- Realism Battle Royale
- Realism Plunder
- Hardcore Battle Royale
- Hardcore Plunder
- Plunder Solo
- Plunder Duos
- Plunder Quads
- Infinite Revive
- No Revive
There's no mention of a ranked playlist or mode for Warzone at this time.
Since the Battle Royale and the multiplayer are tied together with universal progression (including the battle pass) its unlikely that much will come in the form of unique Warzone cosmetics.
However, if you've been checking out the recent strategy guide that Activision launched with Warzone, there are many areas listed as "classified".
It's easy to assume these areas will be unlocked as time goes on and particularly when Season 3 launches.
It isn't hard to believe that the new Warzone map will evolve over time, especially as players discover new easter eggs that may tie into the story of Verdansk. Those playing the game will have noticed a few vaulted doors, bunkers and interactable computer terminals which many believe are key to a hidden easter egg.
Season 3 Battle Pass Rewards And Vehicle Skins
Players can also earn a handgun blueprint the ‘Cerastes’, a Legendary and meaty assault rifle blueprint the ‘Beefeater’, and a Legendary sniper blueprint to spell demise for your enemies in Warzone the ‘Witching Hour’, 300 Call of Duty points, and more! Get these items across 20 Tiers of Free Content, available to be earned in the Battle Pass system just by playing.
At Tier 10, players will get the first of new distinct Operator threads modelled after various armed forces divisions. These ‘mil-sim’ skins include the U.S. Expeditionary Force (Tier 10), the South Korean Special Forces (Tier 30), Pararescue (Tier 50), and the Counter-Terrorist Special Police Force.
In a new addition, Vehicle skins will be added to the game. Purchasing the Battle Pass also grants access to a Finishing Move involving a fan-favorite pup from the Modern Warfare franchise: Riley at Tier 20.
There will be 100 Tiers of content, some of which will be free, but the rest requires players to purchase the Pass for 1,000 CoD Points.
You'll be able to purchase 20 Tier skips for 2,400 CoD points, too.
If you managed to grind your way through the battle pass for Season 2, you should have earnt enough points to buy the Season 3 pass for free.
Here you can see the emblems that have been leaked for Season 3.
Although it seems support for the Spec Ops mode has stopped, Shoot House is being added as a map to the Survival mode.
Data miners have also found that Crash has been added as a Survival map in Modern Warfare.
Once again, thanks to leaker u/Senescallo, we can confirm that the two new Operators in Modern Warfare are:
Alex is one of the three playable protagonists from the Modern Warfare campaign. It was confirmed in the recent Season 3 announcement that he is still alive, but appears to have lost his left leg in the blast that supposedly kills him in the campaign. This also confirms that Alex is NOT Ghost.
With Ghost being brought back as an Operator, there are plenty of other characters that could be added to the multiplayer.
In the Season 2 trailer, Ghost is in conversation with the legendary Captain Price and honestly, we’re surprised he’s not part of the game’s roster of operators already – especially since he’s seen to be building a task force at the
end of the campaign.
There are others that could make an appearance:
- Victor Zakhaev
- Soap MacTavish
- Gaz/Sgt. Kyle Garrick
- General Shepherd
Two new modes are being added to multiplayer including Gun Game Reloaded and Reinfected Ground War.
Expect more playlists in Multiplayer like Demolition, Gunfight variants and more.
There are many game modes that have been found in the game, but have yet to be added into the rotation:
- One In The Chamber - Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- All or Nothing - Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
- Rupture - Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy's base to win.
- Team Juggernaut - Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. First team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce - Capture points will revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Invasion - Take your team's flag into the enemy base.
- High-Value Target - Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high-value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Defender - Capture the drone and it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search & Rescue - Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Fire Mission - Eliminate enemies, capture HQ's and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault - Attackers attack a bombsite while defenders defend.
The following playlists have been added to the game code:
- Cyber Attack Pro - Cyber attack with respawns instead of revives
- Mercenary Mosh Pit - Objective modes with no parties
- Outhouse 24/7 - Khandor Hideout and Shoot House Mosh Pit
- Hit Man
- Rat Race
- Jugg of War
- Student Loan Payments
- Stick and Stones
- Team Building Exercise
- Working From Home - Small map mosh pit.
- Rust Snipers - Snipers only Gunfight
CDL And Gamebattles Integration
GameBattles integration has been added to Modern Warfare - allowing players to play GameBattles from inside the game itself - similar to Infinite Warfare.
It’s currently in Beta form as they continue to work on the feature.
The post on the r/ModernWarzone subreddit hinted to this previously stating:
"GameBattles(?) added to the private match and trials playlist - "Private Match, Trials & GameBattles".
With the CDL playlist being introduced, it's unlikely we will get a dedicated Ranked play.
Players can take on four new Trials experiences to earn up to 10,000 XP per 3-star ranking. Plus, Trials from past Seasons are still available to master and earn XP. In Season Three players can test their skills in the following Trials:
- Gun Course – Played on Vacant in two variations (with or without Smoke), make your way through the course as fast as possible while clearing all enemy targets and avoiding civilian casualties
- Risky Parkour – Available on three stages, each with a unique course (Hackney Yard, Piccadilly, Gun Runner), move through each checkpoint and finish the course as fast as possible. Beware of the heavy toxic gas on low ground.
- Shooting Range – Available on Docks (rifles) and Stack (shotgun), locate and shoot all targets in the area, quickly, while conserving ammunition.
- Marksman Challenge – Playable on Euphrates Bridge in two variations (sniper rifle and handgun), engage waves of long-distance targets and beat the clock. Missed shots burn time.