MW2 Campaign Remastered is out now on PS4, Xbox One and PC!
While there is no multiplayer at the moment, multiple references have been found in the files of the PC version after players have done a deep dive data mine.
Here's what we know about the remaster of this classic Call of Duty.
See what’s planned for COD 2020 by watching below!
Click the links for the latest about:
Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Multiplayer IS RELEASING! - February 10th, 2021
According to an anonymous forum post, the remastered multiplayer for Modern Warfare 2 will be arriving this year.
The post says that development is "pretty much done" and it will release between May and July this year.
As always, it's important to take these leaks with a pinch of salt, but it's certainly a positive for those that want a remastered MW2 multiplayer.
New PC Data Mine Reveals That Multiplayer Exists - 4th May
A new PC data mine on MW2 Campaign Remastered reveals that the multiplayer did exist at some point in time.
There are multiple references to it including 'continue to multiplayer', custom classes, Domination flags, multiplayer leaderboards, XP progression, dark matter camo, diamond camo, gold camo, prestige, season pass and so much more.
There is also a multiplayer .exe file in the 65GB of PC data - you can see it in TheGamingRevolution's new video:
MW2 Campaign Remastered Now Available On Xbox One And PC - 30th April
MW2 Campaign Remastered is now available on Xbox One and PC!
Multiplayer May NOT Be Coming - 17th April
TheGamingRevolution has made himself the bearer of bad news by implying that the new MW2 Remastered may NOT receive a multiplayer in the future.
In a recent video, he explains that the multiplayer hasn't arrived as it's very different from the original, a lot has changed and Activision do not believe the community will enjoy the game.
The game is reportedly still being tested, but they are unsure if they will release it. TGR believes it will arrive at some point, but it could be a year away.
Multiplayer Confirmed? - 8th April
The prolific CoD leaker TheGamingRevolution is at it again, this time, he seems to have information on the beloved Modern Warfare 2 Remastered receiving an upgrade... of the multiplayer variety.
Check out the video below more information!
MW2 Campaign Remastered Preorders for Xbox and PC - 31st March
Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered is available now first only on PS4.
The Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered will also be available on Xbox One and PC starting Thursday, April 30th.
All is not lost, however, as players on Xbox One and PC can pre-purchase Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered today on their respective platform stores and get instant access to the Ultimate Demo Team Classic Ghost Bundle in Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Confirmation That The Game Was Made 2 Years Ago - 30th March
When Will MW2 Remastered Release?
The game is now available on the PlayStation store.
The game is not currently available on Xbox One and PC - but you can pre-order it now, ready to play on the 30th April.
Currently, the game is listed on the PlayStation store for $19.99.
The MW2 Campaign Remastered has officially been leaked as spotted on the Xbox and PlayStation stores in Germany.
The game is built off of the Modern Warfare Remastered engine.
If you're interested in hearing our review of this campaign mode, we gave a score of 8/10!
Here's the full list of missions in the MW2 Campaign Remastered:
- Team Player
- No Russian
- The Hornet's Nest
- The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday
- The Gulag
- Of Their Own Accord
- Second Sun
- Whiskey Hotel
- Loose Ends
- The Enemy of My Enemy
- Just Like Old Times
You can read more about the missions, the "Museum" bonus mission and cancelled missions below.
Here is the full list of trophies and achievements for MW2 Campaign Remastered.
- Is That All You Got? – Earn all available trophies for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 Campaign Remastered.
- Back in the Saddle – Help train the local militia.
- Danger Close – Get hand picked for Shepherd’s elite squad.
- Bronze Cold Shoulder - Infiltrate the snowy mountain side base.
- Tag ’em and bag ’em – Find Rojas in the Favelas.
- Royale with Cheese – Defend Burger Town.
- Soap on a Rope – Storm the gulag.
- Desperate Times – Execute the plan to help the Americans.
- Whiskey Hotel – Take back Whiskey Hotel.
- The Pawn – Assault Makarov’s safehouse.
- Out of the Frying Pan… - Complete the mission in the airplane graveyard.
- For the Record – Complete the single-player campaign on any difficulty.
- The Price of War – Complete the single-player campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
- First Day of School – Complete ‘S.S.D.D.’ and ‘Team Player’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Black Diamond – Complete ‘Cliffhanger’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Turistas – Complete – ‘Takedown’ and ‘The Hornet’s Nest’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Red Dawn – Complete ‘Wolverines!’ and ‘Exodus’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Prisoner 627 – Complete ‘The Only Easy Day… Was Yesterday’ and ‘The Gulag’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Ends Justify the Means – Complete ‘Contingency’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Homecoming – Complete ‘Of Their Own Accord’, ‘Second Sun’, and ‘Whiskey Hotel’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Queen takes Rook – Complete ‘Loose Ends’ and ‘The Enemy of My Enemy’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Off the Grid – Complete ‘Just Like Old Times’ and ‘Endgame’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Pit Boss – Run The Pit in ‘S.S.D.D.’ and finish with a final time under 30 seconds.
- Ghost – Plant the C4 in ‘Cliffhanger’ without alerting or injuring anyone in the blizzard.
- Colonel Sanderson – Kill 7 chickens in under 10 seconds in ‘The Hornet’s Nest’.
- Ten plus foot-mobiles – Kill at least 10 enemies with one Predator Missile.
- Unnecessary Roughness – Use a Riot shield to beat down an enemy.
- Knock-knock – Kill 4 enemies with 4 shots during a slow-mo breach.
- Some Like it Hot – Kill 6 enemies in a row using a thermal weapon.
- Two Birds with One Stone – Kill 2 enemies with a single bullet.
- The Road Less Traveled – Collect 22 enemy intel items.
- Leave No Stone Unturned – Collect 45 enemy intel items.
- Drive By – Kill 20 enemies in a row while driving a vehicle.
- The Harder They Fall – Kill 2 rappelling enemies in a row before they land on their feet.
- Desperado – Kill 5 enemies in a row using 5 different weapons or attachments.
- Look Ma Two Hands – Kill 10 enemies in a row using akimbo weapons.
- No Rest For the Wary – Knife an enemy without him ever knowing you were there.
- Three-some – Kill at least 3 enemies with a single shot from a grenade launcher.
- Target Confirmed – Instruct the Honey Badger to kill 80 enemies in ‘Exodus’.
- Angel Savior – Do not get your Predator Drone destroyed in ‘Contingency’.
- Do NOT push this button – Ring the red bell in both rooms and survive the attack.
- The Student Surpasses the Master – Beat BX time in ‘S.S.D.D.’.
- The Real Gun Game – Complete any mission but ‘S.S.D.D.’ and ‘Endgame’ without reloading weapons or using melee attacks.
- Precognitive Paranoia – Kill Shepherd.
- Immortal – Complete every mission without dying or reloading to a checkpoint at any difficulty.
- Silent Skies – Destroy both BTRs without using Predator Drones in ‘Wolverines!’
- Clay-more – Kill 11 enemies using Claymores in ‘Loose Ends’.
- Bird Hunter – Destroy 10 choppers using the Javelin Launcher in ‘Of Their Own Accord’.
- Hot Potato – Destroy the helicopter using frag grenades in ‘The Only Easy Day… Was Yesterday’.
- Clown in Training – The U.S. Army Rangers ain’t no place for clowns.
- Headbanger – Kill an enemy with the impact damage from a frag grenade to the head.
You can catch all Easter Eggs from the campaign here.
It's good to see you again Ghost.
From the eight mission 'The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday'
The Favela chase from The Hornet's Nest
Soap looks squeaky clean in 4K.
Pushing through Russian forces to Whiskey Hotel.
Earlier this year, the European ratings board gave a PEGI rating of 18 to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered.
As first spotted by CharlieIntel, the MW2 Remastered campaign recently appeared on South Korea ratings board as being officially rated to release soon in the country.
So far there hasn't been much talk about the multiplayer for Modern Warfare 2 Remastered if there was to be a remake of this game you would have to assume it would be it's biggest selling point.
According to sources, the reason why a multiplayer has not been released is to avoid splitting up the player base and increasing the workload for developers. Modern Warfare and Warzone are already very successful and there would be no need to introduce a third online game.
In An Activision blog post, the company states that they don’t want to release the multiplayer experience as a 'standalone pack' but would rather continue to build Modern Warfare’s experience and bring ‘more classic map experiences’ within that universe.
TheGamingRevolution believes the multiplayer has been remastered and in the past has claimed that it has been done and ready to go, but it's being saved for a "rainy day".
Once the game arrives on PC, dataminers can potentially dive into the code and find out what's hidden.
COD Leaker Okami has, however, broke the hearts of millions by announcing that the MW2 Remastered multiplayer will NOT be direct remaster and instead the maps will be added to Modern Warfare.
It's no secret that there were plenty of issues with MW2's multiplayer, MW2 Remastered would need lots of change to the online multiplayer.
However, that hasn't stopped it from being one of the most memorable Call of Duty games to date.
Towards the end of May, it was noticed by fans that the Australian classification board listed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered as 15+.
This could again be a hint at the campaign, however many have noted that this rating is quite low for the campaign and would more than likely receive a higher rating if it was the case.
Spec Ops was obviously a big feature in MW2 and the first appearance for it in the franchise.
The mode was very well received and required you to play it to get all of the achievements/trophies within the game.
However, with the release of MW2 Campaign Remastered, there is no sign of a Spec Ops mode and no mention of it has surfaced amongst the rumours.
It seems this mode will not be returning in any capacity.
In his post, naz2348 claimed that a source of his, who he claims has proven to be reliable in the past, reported that Treyarch's game is not in a fit state and will require an extra year of development.
Treyarch is supposedly working on a Call of Duty: Black Ops reboot, meaning they need to fill the void with something else; that being MW2 Remastered.
The post goes on to detail more about this, as it was originally meant to be Sledgehammer Games that were creating 'Call of Duty: Vietnam'.
Even with the help of Raven Software, it was still not on track for a 2020 release, this is where Treyarch came in and have shifted the focus to be a reboot of their Black Ops franchise. But even with their help, it still isn't looking like it will be ready in time.
The most interesting news is that MW2 Remastered was meant to be campaign only and release before Modern Warfare 2019, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it was pushed back.
MW2 Remastered is apparently ready to go with a campaign and multiplayer. We must take this with a grain of salt as there is no way to prove the validity of the source, but it's certainly exciting to hear!