Black Ops Cold War's gameplay is out in the wild and Treyarch's next game looks incredible.
After the multiplayer reveal, players were given their first opportunity to play the game on PS4 with the open Alpha test.
With the beta in the books and a mixed reception all-round, it will be interesting to see how Treyarch intend to polish their new title.
COD 2020 will see Treyarch and Raven Software collaborate to create this year's FPS juggernaut, with Beenox helping to develop the PC side of things.
The Black Ops 1 sequel brings in familiar faces to support the campaign mode such as Alex Mason, Frank Woods and Jason Hudson
On the multiplayer front, the game looks to take all the great things that Modern Warfare brought in this past year and continue to evolve it with a Black Ops flair.
It's rumoured this is being done by a live nuke event, changing Verdansk for good.
Here's EVERYTHING we know about Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Check out more about Black Ops Cold War by clicking the links below:
- Latest News
- Reveal Date And Reveal Easter Eggs
- Release Date
- What Is Black Ops Cold War About?
- Box Art
- Prestige Mode
- DLC & Season Pass
- Scorestreak And Killstreaks
- Game Modes
- Field Upgrades
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Theatre Mode
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly for the latest information.
Pre-Order Rewards - 7th November
The official Call of Duty account has noted that if you pre-order a digital copy Black Ops Cold War, you will gain access to the Confrontation Weapons Pack.
Check out a full video of the pack here or below is a quick image of the skins!
Launch Times - 7th November
Check out the launch times for Black Ops Cold War here or down below!
Onslaught Rewards - 7th November
CharlieIntel has noted that PlayStation players are going to receive three blueprints for checking out the new Onslaught game mode.
Check out one of these blueprints below!
New Prestige System Confirmed - 6th November
Treyarch has confirmed that Black Ops Cold War is getting its own, all-new prestige system.
In place of Modern Warfare’s “Officer Progression,” you’ll instead have a season level, “which incorporates a Seasonal Prestige leveling system,” the developer explained in a new blog post. These will be “fully synchronized” across Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
“Seasonal Progression has been updated with aspects of the traditional Prestige system, allowing players to unlock and use rewards, including some incredibly cool legacy player identity items from the world of Black Ops,” Activision writes.
Modern Warfare and Warzone will both count toward your Seasonal Prestige, but Cold War will supposedly be the optimal way to rank up, thanks to challenges tailored for that game’s multiplayer.
Gunfight Returns and Roadmap Revealed - 5th November
In a new blog post published on Thursday, Activision revealed that Gunfight — the gloriously tense and more-than-a-little-addictive 2v2 mode from Modern Warfare (2019) — will return in Cold War.
This is fantastic news for folks who were on the fence about whether the new Black Ops would be worth their time outside of the campaign mode, given how well Warzone and Modern Warfare have held up in the past year. Let’s hope Treyarch’s take on Gunfight retains the quality and spirit of the original.
In the meantime, you can check out the rest of the Season One roadmap below.
When Is The Black Ops Cold War Reveal?
An Easter Egg hunt took place from the 10th-19th August that took place back onto Black Ops 4 and all-around Warzone.
Select influencers within the COD community were sent mystery crates with clues to solve a big easter egg relating to the COD 2020 reveal.
First players found themselves using the clues in physical form, to co-ordinate with a new update to Black Ops 4's Summit map.
Eventually, players found a new website, called Pawn takes Pawn - by overlapping projection slides with codes to the corresponding clock, the phrase "BISH YOU WERE HERE" was revealed. This phrase is a reference to the World Chess Championship of 1972 between Bobby Fischer of the United States and Boris Spassky of the Soviet Union.
Over the next week, players would log on at 5pm BST to watch a new video that was related to a specific year with clips from that time period.
During the videos, numbers would momentarily flash on the screen as well as provide Warzone co-ordinate with a key code to open a new shed or bunker that contained cyphers and more clues.
By solving the clues it led players to pawntakespawn.com/playthegamefindthetruth with the final teaser video detailing the reveal date.
The multiplayer reveal was less cryptic, with Activision announcing publicly it's airdate.
Who Is Developing Black Ops 2020?
Call of Duty usually follows a three-year development cycle between Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Treyarch Studios.
Despite it being Sledgehammer's turn to get down and dirty, Treyarch will be taking the reigns on the COD 2020 project with Raven Software assisting.
The PC port of Black Ops Cold War will be developed by Beenox, who helped develop the PC side for Modern Warfare.
The title includes additional development support from High Moon Studios, Activision Shanghai and Sledgehammer Games.
This is alleged to be due to massive overhaul and shift in the development team from Sledgehammer to Treyarch.
This leak revealed that Treyarch 2021 game is being brought forward due to the trouble that Sledgehammer faced and they will only be providing a support role on this year's Call of Duty.
Release Date & Platforms
Black Ops Cold War will release on the 13th November across all platforms.
According to XclusiveAce, they were originally targeting a release for the end of Q3. However, that date has been tentatively pushed back until early Q4 (October/November).
Xbox Series X has got a confirmed release date of the 10th November, meaning Black Ops Cold War will be a launch title. The PS5 will launch in some regions on the 13th and in others on the 19th.
Nintendo systems haven't seen a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Wii U and it appears to still elude the scope of Activision.
The Call of Duty website has confirmed that the next-gen edition will support many of the new features coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X including a higher framerate, hardware-based ray-tracing and faster loading times thanks to the new SSDs.
Black Ops Cold War ranges from £59.99-£89.99 in the UK, depending on where you buy it from and which edition you get.
- Standard Edition - £59.99
- Cross-Gen Edition - £64.99
- Ultimate Edition - £89.99
Black Ops: Cold War Trailers
Black Ops Cold War Campaign Reveal Trailer
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
Black Ops Cold War GeForce RTX Trailer
Treyarch and Raven Software have announced that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will support ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, and NVIDIA Reflex.
“With the GeForce RTX 30 Series, we’ve been able to expand our ability to realistically immerse players into our game world with the integration of ray tracing features,” said Mark Gordon, co-studio head at Treyarch. “We’re also excited about the introduction of NVIDIA DLSS, which will level up performance. We look forward to continuing our commitment to Call of Duty PC players everywhere.”
Black Ops Cold War Reveal Teaser
- Standard Edition - £59.99
- Cross-Gen Bundle - £64.99
- Ultimate Edition - £89.99
What Is Black Ops Cold War About?
A few leaks revealed the name before being confirmed as Black Ops Cold War - the game was codenamed 'Project Zeus'.
The likely names were:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Black Operations
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 5/V
- Call of Duty: V
- Call of Duty: Vietnam
It's hardly a surprise that Treyarch will opt to stay in the Black Ops franchise as it is a recognised and successful branch of the Call of Duty title.
The new game will feature many returning characters from the Black Ops franchise including Woods, Mason and Hudson!
"Nothing is ever as it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign, where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more. As elite operatives, you will follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who is on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark centre of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new cast of operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making. Beyond the Campaign, players will bring a Cold War arsenal fo weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences."
LongSensation claims that the game is based during the Cold War, spanning 40+ years and will include the Vietnam and Korean War; which has now been confirmed.
It begs the question as to whether this remains within the same universe and timeline as the original Black Ops series.
Will Black Ops Cold War be proceeded by Black Ops 2? There were plenty of rumours flying around that this was set in an alternate timeline.
Those still seem to be in effect, as a picture of Imran Zakhaev from 1982 has popped up thanks to @TheGamingRevo3 - it suggests the game is set in an alternate timeline where it is connected to Modern Warfare.
What's exciting is that it opens up the possibility for many more prequels and sequels to existing Black Ops projects.
Black Ops 1 is set in the 1960s, Black Ops 2 is set in 2025 - it means that there's plenty of room to play with, in between these games.
A major talking point about this year's Call of Duty campaign is that it was gritty and gruesome, Black Ops 2020 is rumoured to take it a step further compared to Modern Warfare.
Treyarch’s Dan Bunting says that they are not fully using Modern Warfare’s engine.
The teams share ‘underlying technology,’ but the engine and technology being used in Black Ops Cold War was created back in 2015.
The toolset built was created with the intention to work on future platforms such as the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
Black Ops Cold War will feature the latest display and next-gen technology, supporting 4K and HDR across the board.
Here's what we know about the multiplayer:
- Standard Mini-Map returns
- There is also a compass
- Swimming mechanic returns with water in multiplayer maps alongside water in the new Warzone map
- Unlimited sprint is back
- Interactable doors are not in regular multiplayer but will stay in Warzone
- Specialists do not return, but a Field Upgrade-like feature has been added
- You can choose one piece of equipment
- Scorestreaks return but do not reset on death
- Dead Silence returns
- 150 Health with auto-heal
- Executions return
- Gunsmith returns
- 6v6 is the standard player count but modes can go up to 40 players
- EKIA is back
- Flinch is no longer a hindrance
- Bullet penetration is weapon category specific
- Two factions: CIA vs Spetsnaz
- Boots on the ground movement similar to Black Ops 4 and has a sliding mechanic (as well as a slide cancel feature)
- Time-to-kill is faster than Black Ops 4
- Health bar returns but can be turned off
- Map voting will return
WOODS RETURNS: Looks don't count for s*** in the jungle. This is 'Nam baby!
Operators/characters have been redesigned to be more fluid.
"We've been able to enhance the physics and gravity into what you carry, from the weight of your gear like pouches and grenades. To the way a wallet chain or rope sways as your sprint"
Everything in Black Ops Cold War appears to be more natural than the previous Call of Duty titles.
- Sprint Take Off - This gives your player a running start, you will start fast then slow down; just like in real life
- Slide Crouch - In Black Ops Cold War you will start and end a slide in a fluid motion
- Footstep Control - You will make more noise the faster you run, crouching can also make you silent
- Jumping - They noted that the jumping is much more natural, and will slow you down once you land
No Nuke has been confirmed as of yet.
Prestige Mode is an option in multiplayer allowing players to reset their rank, unlocks and challenges in exchange for certain game-specific goodies.
Players would start once again from level 1 and most games shipped with up to 10 levels.
While we don't want to get your hopes up, we don't want to end this article on a sour note.
After the livestream, Treyarch has specifically mentioned in a post-reveal tweet "More progression system details to come".
It seems like a strange thing to mention specifically after all that was revealed and it could be that they've taken note of the various polls and tweets pleading for this feature to return.
Theories are escalating that a new progression system is coming instead of the seasonal ranks and prestige mode we've seen before.
DLC And Season Pass
The new game will feature a Season Pass system that delivers a steady stream of post-launch content, including maps and modes, Zombies experiences, along with a robust schedule of in-game community events.
Scorestreaks & Killstreaks
Noted on the reveal live stream, there is a massive change coming to the way scorestreaks work in Black Ops Cold War.
In previous titles when you die, your scorestreak meter resets. Spawning back in you will begin at zero, and this has become the norm for every Call of Duty.
Treyarch has decided to implement what they are calling 'Chain Score'
Players who get multiple kills during a single life will have a multiplier to their scorestreak when they spawn in, making it easier to get a scorestreak.
"A dynamic and rewarding Scorestreak System means score is no longer lost on death, and you’ll earn score multipliers for stringing together multiple kills in the same life. You’ll also earn score for helping your team to play the objective, and each Scorestreak goes on a cool down after it’s used to prevent spamming."
Treyarch has added a cooldown feature to each scorestreak so you do not have access to them all the time.
Here are the confirmed killstreaks in Black Ops Cold War:
- Incendiary Bow (500 points)
- RCXD (800 points)
- Spy Plane (1000 points)
- Counter Spy Plane (1200 points)
- Armor (1600 points)
- Care Package (1800 points)
- Napalm Strike (2100 points)
- Artillery (2500 points)
- Sentry Turret (2000 points)
- Cruise Missile (2600 points)
- Air Patrol (3200 points)
- War Machine (3500 points)
- Attack Helicopter (4000 points)
- Chopper Gunner (6000 points)
- VTOL Escort (8500 points)
- Gunship (10000 points)
Here are all leaked weapons so far:
- Assault Rifle
- Krig 6
- FFAR 1
- Tactical Rifles
- Type 63
- DMR 14
- Milano 821
- KSP 45
- Stoner 63
- Mauer 77
- Galla SA12
- Pellington 703
- LW3 - Tundra
It's been confirmed that bullet penetration for weapons will remain the same for guns of a certain category.
LICENSE TO KILL: Wield weapons used straight from the Cold War
Here are the confirmed maps coming to Black Ops Cold War:
- Alpine (40 players)
- Ruka (40 players)
We do know that Nuketown, Jungle, Summit and Firing Range will also return as throwback maps.
This isn't the first time these maps have been brought back. Originally debuting in Black Ops 1, they were brought back in Black Ops 3 and Black Ops 4. Nuketown, Summit and Firing Range were also reimagined in Black Ops 2.
Black Ops 4 recycled a number of old maps at launch, so this doesn't look like a good start for the new game; especially as the community has aired their displeasure to reimagined maps during Modern Warfare.
Gunsmith, Loadouts And Create-A-Class
Gunsmith returns with familiar aspects of Black Ops legendary create-a-class system.
Instead of a pick 10 system, it will be a slot system opposed to previous years.
In Black Ops Cold War you are going to always to spawn onto the map with:
- Primary Weapon
- Secondary Weapon
- Field Upgrade
Along with the reverted slot based class system, they are also reintroducing Wild Cards.
You will be able to pick one of four WildCards for each class and they include:
- Gunfighter - 'Unlocks 3 additional attachment slots for your primary weapon'
- Perk Greed - 'Equip 3 extra perks'
- Danger Close - 'Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment, and start with max ammo'
- Law Breaker - 'Equip any weapon in either slow and equip any perks'
Blueprints have been confirmed to return based on pre-order bonuses.
Specialists will NOT return.
So far, only a few perks have been leaked, here are the rumoured and confirmed perks so far:
- Engineer – Detect Enemy equipment & scorestreaks through walls
- Tactical Mask – Maximized resistance to Flashing and Stun grenade. Immune to gas.
- Flak Jacket – Take less damage from enemy explosives and Molotov fires.
- Paranoia - When an enemy is looking at you, a noise indicator will go off alerting you.
- Forward Intel - See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Scavenger – Replenish ammo from fallen players
- Quartermaster – Recharge equipment over 25 seconds
- Tracker – See imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s mini-map.
- Assassin - Invisible to AI controlled killstreaks and
- Gearhead - Reduce Field Upgrade cooldown. Store up to two Field Upgrade charges.
- Cold Blooded – AI-controlled Scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on Thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplates.
- Ghost – Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting, or defusing bombs, or controlling Scorestreaks.
- Ninja – Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Mic.
- Gung-Ho - Reload while running
- Spycraft - Hack enemy Field Upgrades. Immune to Counter Spy Plane, Jammer, Tracker and Paranoia. Won't trigger Proximity Mines or Gas Mines. Booby trap enemy Care Packages.
Game modes that included in the new game so far include:
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill Confirmed
- Ground War
- Search & Destroy
- Fire Team
BATTLE HARDENED: Classic modes and fan favourites return, as well as new ways to play
Field Upgrades are returning and it seems like they won't be too different to Modern Warfare.
So far confirmed Field Upgrades include:
- Proximity Mine – Throwable mine, explodes shortly after one enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it (Recharge Time: 2:00)
- Sam Turret – Launches missiles at enemy air scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters (Recharge Time: 3:45)
- Jammer – Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades and degrading enemy mini-map information (Recharge Time: 2:30)
- Field Mic – Deploys a recording device that highlights enmity sounds on your mini-map (Recharge Time: 3:15)
- Assault Pack - Supply cache containing ammo that gives bonus score for taking down enemies (Recharge Time: 3.15)
- Gas Mine - throwable equipment that poisons players in an area, obstructing their vision.
Here's the equipment being added to the new game:
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun Grenade
Operators return - so far we can assume Frank Woods is an Operator given he is a pre-order bonus in the universal mode Warzone.
Skins have been confirmed to arrive based off of pre-order bonuses.
Vehicles will return, complete with their own skins. Here are the confirmed vehicles:
It's been confirmed that certain vehicles will allow the driver to shoot in first-person.
Black Ops Cold War Alpha "The Red Door"
The Public Alpha for Black Ops Cold War was announced during the PS5 Showcase on the 16th September.
Pre-loading is now available for everyone with the servers coming online at 6pm BST.
This will be our first chance to get our hands on the game before the beta arrives in October.
People managed to boot up the COD 2020 "The Red Door" Alpha. When the game was launched, it reveals a Call Of Duty Black Ops splash screen.
The Red Door appeared for a second time, this time on the Microsoft Store.; which is believed to be the COD 2020 Alpha.
We now know that the playable Alpha is live for select influencers and content creators.
The description reads: "There is more than one truth. If you go looking for answers, be ready to question everything and accept that nothing will ever be the same. The Red Door awaits, do you dare step through it?"
You may remember this popped up on the PlayStation Package Database. This is a system, managed by Sony, that allows developers to upload games to the PlayStation Network; likely to allow developers and testers to try out the build from home.
The new build appears to be called 'The Red Door' complete with some artwork. While it's unlikely to be related to the game title, as Black Ops 3's alpha build was called 'Northwoods', there's a very strong suspicion it is the new title as the content ID reads: COD2020INTALPHA1.
The 71GB game revealed the following information:
Photos via @TheMW2Ghost
In late July, a 10GB update was added to the game that saw multiple new files referencing the Campaign, Zombies and Warzone.
Black Ops Cold War's beta will take place on the 8th October 2020, starting on PS4.
A beta for the Call of Duty multiplayer has released, without fail, every year since Black Ops 3.
The first beta for last year's Call of Duty arrived on the 12th September (just a month from launch).
Since the 8th is a Thursday, we're expecting early access to run for the rest of that week. Based on the wording, it sounds like there will be two forms of Early Access.
The first of which is a pre-order early access and a PS4 early access. Meaning, those that pre-order the game will get to play from the 8th and those who do not can play at a later date (thanks to PlayStation's exclusivity deal).
The second weekend will include Xbox and PC players; this will follow a similar early access process for players that pre-order.
The beta is supposedly only available to those that pre-order digitally. PS4 will receive the beta first as part of the exclusivity deal with Sony/PlayStation.
As a direct sequel to Black Ops 1, we can expect very similar vibes to the game that started it all.
The campaign will feature mission choices, which allows players to choose how to play and interact with certain missions.
Side missions have also been added, originally being locked and slowly reveal themselves as you progress. You can collect additional evidence from side missions.
All of your decisions influence the campaign’s ending. While it's not the first Black Ops campaign to have multiple endings, there is far more variation than before.
You will play as your own customisable character - players create a CIA dossier for themselves and can redact or un-redact parts of the history they want to while building the character.
Alongside our familiar heroes, the game will also include:
- Russell Adler, played by Bruce Thomas
- Helen Park played by Lily Cowles
- Lazar Azoulay played by Damon Dayoub
- Lawerence Sims played by Reggie Watkins
The game's villain is played by David Negahban, who was in Showtime’s Homeland series. We'll also see Ronald Reagan.
The confirmed Campaign missions are:
- Nowhere Left to Run
- Fracture Jaw
- Brick in the Wall
- Redlight, Greenlight
- Echoes of a Cold War
- Desperate Measures
- End of the Line
- Break on Through
- The Final Countdown
- Ashes to Ashes
Warzone will remain the heartbeat of Call of Duty games going forward and will connect all of the universes together.
However, it will not be integrated with Cold War at launch - it is likely to arrive in December as part of Season 1.
Black Ops Cold War will bring a new map to Warzone, likely bringing a Cold War-era theme to the map.
With the story between Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War, could the maps be connected? Will we receive a 1980s style Verdansk or an entirely new map altogether?
During the multiplayer reveal, Treyarch's Creative Specialist Miles Leslie mentioned Verdansk specifically.
Whilst describing what's in-store for Warzone once we transition to the new game, he may have dropped the biggest news of all - Verdansk is staying!
"We can't wait for you to see how Verdansk and all of Call of Duty will evolve in the year ahead".
@_TomHenderson_ has leaked that there will be a new map that replaces Verdansk.
He also detailed that Verdansk could reappear at a later date depending on player feedback.
We're fairly certain that a lot of the map will be based on those used for the new Fireteam mode.
Raven Software will work closely with both Infinity Ward and Treyarch for the integration, but Warzone will remain on the Modern Warfare engine.
Cold War weapons will be completely rebalanced to match Modern Warfare's current weapons in Warzone.
CharlieIntel has noted that these four Warzone names have been leaked and could be additional locations onto the existing Warzone map if it carries over.
- Ski Slopes
We're expecting the new Warzone update to go live on the same date as the base game launch.
WHERE WE DROPPING, BOYS?: Get ready for action in a Cold War battle royale
Players are apart of 'Requiem' a CIA backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver; a Russian-American that Black Ops fans should be familiar with.
They are sent in to investigate an outbreak at the facility and uncover decades of secrets that could upset the global order.
The team will be at odds against a Soviet-led group named 'Omega Group'. This group are just as interested in investigating the unnatural occurrences around the world.
During the story, players will encounter unnamed and mysterious characters with new intel and information about what's happening; it's vital to telling the story.
In the final map, you play as the Victus crew and aim to solve the paradox that has unfolded and strive to put an end to the chaotic story that has unfolded over the past 10 years.
So what's next for Call of Duty zombies? The story will continue after Tag Der Toten and it will be with the Aether storyline; it's the same universe, but a different story.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
The Dead Ops Arcade mini-game has been a hidden game that Treyarch has implemented in some of its previous titles.
It plays like a retro shooter, offering a nice change of pace from the regular zombies.
Since Treyarch has added this game in previous titles, usually released every other title, many assumed we would be getting the third iteration in Cold War.
TheGamingRevolution posted a video on his YouTube video noting that a while back when the 'Red Door' alpha was leaked on the Xbox Store, which we found out later was the alpha for Black Ops Cold War.
Data miners were able to get into the game files of the alpha and discover a listing for Dead Ops Arcade within said files.
The strange aspect behind the location of the game files for Dead Ops Arcade was that it was stored inside the 'Warzone' category.
TGR notes that there is a possibility there will be some sort of terminal within the new Warzone map.
Players will be able to check the terminal in-game and jump into some retro action!
As of now, however, we can only speculate how players will be able to access Dead Ops Arcade 3; as Treyarch has been silent on it!
- Combat Recruit (30G) - Complete the single-player Campaign on any difficulty.
- Combat Hardened (100G) - Complete the single-player Campaign on Veteran or Realism difficulty.
- Nowhere Left to Run (15G) - Complete Nowhere Left to Run in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Fracture Jaw (15G) - Complete Fracture Jaw in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Brick in the Wall (15G) - Complete Brick in the Wall in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Redlight, Greenlight (15G) - Complete Redlight, Greenlight in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Echoes of a Cold War (15G) - Complete Echoes of a Cold War in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Desperate Measures (15G) - Complete Desperate Measures in Campaign on any difficulty.
- End of the Line (15G) - Complete End of the Line in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Break on Through (15G) - Complete Break on Through in Campaign on any difficulty.
- The Final Countdown (15G) - Complete The Final Countdown in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Ashes to Ashes (15G) - Complete Ashes to Ashes in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Chaos (15G) - Complete Chaos Side Mission in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Red Circus (15G) - Complete Red Circus Side Mission in Campaign on any difficulty.
- Firing Range (15G) - Shoot all of the targets on Main Street during Amerika.
- Keep Your Friends Close (15G) - Perform Body Shield 5 Times.
- Patriot Arrow (30G) - Kill an enemy with the secret weapon while ziplining during Yamantau.
- Mind Trip (30G) - See all 7 memory endings and playthrough all 4 path ends in Prisoner.
- Explosive Finish (15G) - Kill 12 enemies with explosive barrels while riding the server lift during Yamantau.
- EVERYONNNNNEE! (15G) - Kill 25 enemies with the AC-130 during the rooftop defend.
- The Red Door(15G) - Disobeyed Adler's order to go through the door.
- Jack of All Trades (15G) Get 5 kills each with an LMG, SMG, AR, and a Shotgun.
- Old Faithful (15G) - Killed 200 enemies with an AR.
- Scorched Earth (15G) - Destroy all enemy vehicles and mortar teams while defending Firebase Ripcord.
- Scorched Earth II (30G) - Blow up all trucks and guard towers on the approach to the monastery.
- The Fixer (15G) - Get 200 Eliminations in Multiplayer.
- Party Patrol (30G) - Get 10 squad wipe medals in Fireteam.
- Mean Machine (90G) - Get 100 Kills as the driver, pilot, or passenger of a vehicle in Multiplayer.
- Go The Distance (30G) - Win 50 matches of multiplayer
- Calling It In (30G) - Get 50 kills with lethal Scorestreaks in Multiplayer.
- Heavy Metal (15G) - In Die Maschine, forge the Pack-A-Punch machine.
- Carpe D.I.E.M. (15G) - In Die Maschine, free the lost Decompressive Isotopic Estrangement Machine.
- Seal the Deal (30G) - In Die Maschine, close the rift.
- Two Birds, One Stone (15G) - In Die Maschine, kill the two split Megatons with one shot.
- Socket-to-me (15G) - In Zombies, upgrade a skill
- Six Pack (15G) - In Zombies, upgrade 6 Perk Skills to Tier III
- Nightmare at 20 feet (30G) - In Die Maschine, kill 100 enemies without leaving the top of the crashed plane wing
- Entamaphobia (30G) - In Die Maschine, stay in the Yard for 15 rounds
- Craftwork (30G) - In Die Maschine, craft 14 different types of items in one match.
- Fowl Five Piece (15G) - Get a chain of 5 chickens strung together in Dead Ops Arcade.
- Survive the Wild (15G) - Escaped from the deep dark Wild.
- Reunited with Fidolina (15G) - Defeated the Momaback and saved your dear friend.
- Forever Fated (15G) - Found your destiny in the Room of Fate.
- Dungeon Diver (30G) - Visit every corner of a Deadly Dungeon.
If you pre-order Black Ops Cold War you will receive the Frank Woods Operator for Modern Warfare and Warzone, as well as an M4 blueprint.
So far we know of three editions for Black Ops Cold War:
The Standard Edition includes the game for the selected platform only. Activision has stated that those who buy the digital standard edition on PS4 or Xbox One will be allowed to upgrade to PS5 or Xbox Series X for $10.
Activision has also confirmed the Standard Edition of the game will be priced at $69.99 for PS5 and Xbox Series X.
The Ultimate Edition includes the game (on both current and next-gen consoles), Battle Pass Bundle (including 20 tier skips), Land, Sea and Air pack and the Confrontation Weapons Pack.
The Cross-Gen Bundle could be confirmation that players that buy this edition will get a free upgrade to the next-generation version.
There are no physical editions of Black Ops Cold War for PC, it will only be available digitally via Blizzard Battle net.
Yes, Black Ops Cold War will feature cross-play and support cross-generational play for both Multiplayer and Warzone.
That means PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC players can all play together.
Theater mode is set to make a return this year. As reported by CharlieINTEL, the popular feature makes a return to the game.
It's customary for this great content creation tool to be featured in Treyarch games.
"While we are not able to showcase what it looks like or features in it, the MP lobby menu screen had a locked “Theater” mode option shown" said the news outlet.