Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick for Season 24 which has just started.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 24 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to leveling up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Wizard class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Read More - When Will Diablo 3 Season 24 End?
Is The Wizard Good In Diablo 3 Season 24?
The Wizard class isn't the best class of Season 3 but it is certainly one of the strongest.
In Season 24 it still has two very strong S-Tier builds that are well worth looking at for solo Greater Rift pushing. There's also a number of A-Tier builds which are not too shabby.
So it's fair to say Wizard class is once again having a good season.
The Best Wizard Build in Diablo 3 Season 24
The best Wizard build for Diablo 3 season 24 (patch 2.7.1) is the same as that from Season 23, the Mirror Images Build with the Firebird Finary Armour set.
Mirror Images Build Gear Set-Up -
You'll need to gather the full Firebird's Finary armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Head: Firebird's Plume
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions
- Torso: Firebird's Breast
- Hands: Firebird's Talons
- Legs: Firebird's Down
- Feet: Firebird's Tarsi
Having two pieces in the set means Disintegrate skill ignites enemies, causing them to take 3000% damage as Fire until they die. If the character dies, a Meteor will fall from the sky to revive them. Having four pieces means casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 2% per stack, stacking up to 50 times. The Wizard gains 80% damage reduction while maintaining any Combustion stacks . Having six pieces means the Wizard gains +5000% increased damage if any enemies are Ignited. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling Fire spell deals 3000% damage as Fire for each Combustion stack.
Along with the Firebird's Finary set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your build potential:
- Wrists: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Waist: The Shame of Delsere
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring #1: Focus
- Ring #2: Restraint
- Weapon: Fragment of Destiny
- Off-hand: Orb of Infinite Depth
Kanai's Cube Slots -
Best Wizard Ethereal Item In Season 24
The new Ethereals are powerful new weapons coming to the game in Season 24. But they are only available in Season 24, so make the most of them whilst you can.
An interesting aspect of these new weapons is that they have no durability and can never break. In addition, Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
You can see our full list of Ethereal Weapons on the link, but for the sake of our chosen Wizard build, we're ideally hoping that we pick up Wizardspike. That's because its damage stacking will vastly improve the Mirror Images Build, at least when compared to The Oculus or Mang Song's Lesson.
If you're now wondering how to farm ethereal weapons in Season 24, don't worry, we've also got a guide for that too. So just follow the link.
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Spectral Blade with Flame Blades Rune
- Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus Rune
- Explosive Blast with Chain Reaction Rune
- Magic Weapon with Deflection Rune
- Teleport with Safe Passage Rune
- Black Hole with Spellsteal Rune
Passive Skills -
- Galvanizing Ward - As long as you have not taken damage in the last 5 seconds you gain a protective shield that absorbs the next 60% of your Life in damage.
- Elemental Exposure - Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause them to take 5% more damage from your attacks for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times. Elemental damage from your weapon contributes to Elemental Exposure.
- Audacity - You deal 30% additional damage to enemies within 15 yards.
- Evocation - Reduce all cooldowns by 20%.
Wizard Firebird Mirror Image Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting to walk you through this S-tier build.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over the Firebird Mirror Image Wizard.
Do note, although this video was made for Season 23, it still applies to Season 24.
Alternative Wizard Builds In Season 24
If you don't fancy running with the Firebird Mirror Image Wizard, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Wizard class.
The Legacy of Dreams Twister Wizard build is another strong S-Tier option. Alternatively, you could opt for any of the below which are all consider A-Tier builds for Season 24:
- Legacy of Dreams Frozen Orb Wizard Build
- Legacy of Dreams Hydra Wizard Build
- Firebird Flame Blades Wizard Build
- Delsere's Magnum Opus Twister Wizard Build
Anything other than the four builds named above is likely to be B-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 24.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 24?
For argument's sake, you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Witch Doctor in Season 24'.
That's fine, well why don't we help you with a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 24
- Best Crusader Build In Season 24
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 24
- Best Monk Build in Season 24
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 24
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 24
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!