Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 23 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops.
If the Barbarian class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 23, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Barbarian Good In Diablo 3 Season 23?
Whilst this isn't the best class of Season 23, the Barbarian is once again another strong contender in Season 23 for Greater Rifts solo pushing and speed runs.
The Best Barbarian Build in Diablo 3 Season 23
The best Barbarian build for Diablo 3 season 23 (patch 2.7) is the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Build.
You'll need to gather the full Wrath of the Wastes armour set, which includes:
- Helm: Helm of the Wastes
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Wastes
- Gloves: Gauntlet of the Wastes
- Chest: Cuirass of the Wastes
- Pants: Tasset of the Wastes
- Boots: Sabaton of the Wastes
Having two pieces in the set increases damage by 500% and duration to 15 seconds. Having four pieces means that the Barbarian takes 50% damage during Whirlwind and 3 seconds afterwards, whilst also dealing triple Rend damage. Having six pieces means Whirlwind gains the effect of the Dust Devils rune and all Whirlwind and Rend damage is increased by 10000%.
Along with the Waste armour set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your Barbarians potential:
- Belt: Lamentation
- Bracers: Mortick's Brace
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Band of Might
- Weapon 1: The Slanderer
- Weapon 2: Little Rogue
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: Ambo's Pride
- Armour Slot: Mantle of Channeling
- Jewellery Slot: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Ancient Spear with Rage Flip
- Whirlwind with Wind Shear
- Rend with Bloodbath
- Ground Stomp with Wrenching Smash
- Battle Rage with Swords to Ploughshares
- Wrath of the Berserker with Insanity
Passive Skills -
- Berserker Rage - You deal 25% additional damage while near maximum Fury.
- Brawler - As long as there are 3 enemies within 12 yards, all of your damage is increased by 20%.
- Ruthless - When you are healed by a health globe, gain 2% Life regeneration per second and 4% increased movement speed for 15 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 5 times.
- Boon of Bul-Kathos - Reduce the cooldowns of your: Earthquake (by 15 seconds), Call of the Ancients (by 30 seconds), Wrath of the Berserker (by 30 seconds.)
Barbarian Whirlwind Rend Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this Whildwind Wrath of the Wastes build.
Alternative Barbarian Builds In Season 23
If you don't fancy running with the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Barbarian class.
Although they likely won't be anywhere near as well-positioned for Season 23 as the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind build, you can also opt for the Savage Frenzy Barbarian Build.
There's also Might of the Earth Earthquake Barbarian Build, which is B-tier once again.
Everything else is C-Tier or below so won't be worth your time in Season 23.