It's going to be some time until Diablo 4 is finally released, and whilst we might have Diablo 2 Resurrected to keep us occupied (albeit without the Season 1 Ladder), most fans might prefer to stick with Diablo 3, which never fails to satisfy our needs from one season to the next.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is certainly not getting long in the tooth just yet; there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG still.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick when Diablo 3 Season 25 Starts. Well, worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 25 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to level up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Barbarian class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 25, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Read More - Diablo 3 Season 25 Haedrigs Gift
Is The Barbarian Good In Diablo 3 Season 25?
Compared to the other classes in Season 25, The Barbarian class isn't anything special, with only two builds worthy of your attention.
The first is the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Build, which has been hovering around the top of the tier list options for quite a few seasons. But in Season 25, it has dropped from an S-Tier option to an A-Tier options and as a relatively slow build to play, it's arguably not suited to the highest Greater Rift levels.
The second build is arguably the strongest of the very few Barbarian options, so read on to discover what it is and the gear you'll need for this set-up.
Read More - Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Barbarian Builds
The Best Barbarian Build in Diablo 3 Season 25
The best Barbarian build for Diablo 3 season 25 (as of patch 2.7.2) is the Legacy of Dreams Hammer of the Ancients Build. Whilst it is still only an A-Tier option it outperforms the Waste Whirlwind Rend Build by virtue of being not only easier to run, but also because it can clear enemies faster.
With that in mind, here's the gear setup recommended for this build in Season 25.
Legacy of Dreams Hammer of the Ancients Gear Set Up
This build doesn't require any set bonuses since it leans into the Legacy of Dreams gem, which offers the following bonus: "While you have no set bonuses equipped every legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. 3.75%".
That said you do want to make sure you have the following set up for the optimum build in Season 25. As always, follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Andariel's Visage
- Shoulders: Fury of the Ancients
- Gloves: Magefist
- Chest: Cindercoat
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Bracers of the First Men
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Band of Might
- Weapon 1: Remorseless
- Weapon 2: Echoing Fury
Kanai's Cube Slots
- Weapon Slot: The Gavel of Judgment
- Armour Slot: Mortick's Brace
- Jewellery Slot: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Best Soul Shards For Barbarian In Season 25
Ethereal Weapons are gone in Season 25, replaced instead with a new type of socketable item known as Soul Shards. In total, the game is adding 7 of these new soul shards and if you want the complete guide on how to get them and how to use them, follow the link above.
For now, let's assume you know how these Soul Shards work and dive into which you want to use with your Barbarian build in Season 25.
Prime Evil Soul Shard - Sliver of Terror
- Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 12.5% increased damage.
- Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 5% for each skill on cooldown.
- You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies.
- If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage is increased by 50%.
Lesser Evil Soul Shard - Essence of Anguish
- Every time you deal poison damage to an enemy you increase your cooldown reduction and movement speed by 2.5% while your damage received is increased by 5% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
- Your movement speed and cooldown reduction can be increased up to 15 times by dealing poison damage to an enemy.
- When you deal poison damage to an enemy they receive 50% increased poison damage from all sources for 10 seconds.
- Killing an enemy deals the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards.
Best Barbarian Active Skills To Pick
- Hammer of the Ancients with the Smash Rune
- Call of the Ancients with the Together as One Rune
- Wrath of the Berserker with the Insanity Rune
- Furious Charge with the Merciless Assault Rune
- Ground Stomp with the Wrenching Smash Rune
- Ancient Spear with the Rage Flip Rune
Best Barbarian Passive Skills To Pick
- Berserker Rage - You deal 25% additional damage while near maximum Fury.
- Rampage - Increase Strength by 1% for 8 seconds after killing or assisting in killing an enemy. This effect stacks up to 25 times.
- Ruthless - When you are healed by a health globe, gain 2% Life regeneration per second and 4% increased movement speed for 15 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 5 times.
- Boon of Bul-Kathos - Reduce the cooldowns of your: Earthquake (by 15 seconds), Call of the Ancients (by 30 seconds), Wrath of the Berserker (by 30 seconds.)
Barbarian Hammer of the Ancients (IK & LoD)Build Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting. Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over the Hammer of the Ancients Barbarian. It starts with a look at the Immortal King set (as it's easier to build) and then how it can be converted into a Legacy of Dreams build. Do note, although the video was made for Season 24, it is still relevant in Sesaon 25, but obviously does not make mention of the soul shards.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 25?
Let us assume you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Barbarian in Season 25'. That's fine, we're grateful you've read all this way. How about you have a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Crusader Build In Season 25
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 25
- Best Monk Build in Season 25
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 25
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 25
- Best Wizard Build In Season 25
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!