It's going to be some time until Diablo 4 is finally released, and whilst we might have Diablo 2 Resurrected to keep us occupied (albeit without the Season 1 Ladder), most fans might prefer to stick with Diablo 3, which never fails to satisfy our needs from one season to the next.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is certainly not getting long in the tooth just yet; there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG still.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick in Diablo 3 Season 25. Well, worry not, we've got an up-to-date Diablo 3 Season 25 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to level up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Wizard class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 25, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Read More - Diablo 3 Season 25 Haedrigs Gift
Table of Contents
Is The Wizard Good In Diablo 3 Season 25?
The Wizard class isn't the best class of Season 25 but it does have plenty of options, that is for sure.
In Season 24 Wizards had two very strong S-Tier builds that were well worth looking at for solo Greater Rift pushing. In Season 25, there are no S-Tier options, but instead, plenty of A-Tier options which are certainly still viable for end game 150GRs. This includes the LoD Twister build, the Vyr Chantodo build, the Firebird EB Channeling build and the LoD Hydra build (follow the links to learn more from the collection of experts at Maxroll.gg).
There is however one build which trumps them all in Season 25.
The Best Wizard Build in Diablo 3 Season 25
The best Wizard build for Diablo 3 season 25 (as of patch 2.7.2) is the Firebird Flame Blade Build. With that in mind, here's the gear setup recommended for this build in Season 25.
Firebird Flame Blade Build Gear Set-Up
You'll need to gather the full Firebird's Finary armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Head: Firebird's Plume
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions
- Torso: Firebird's Breast
- Hands: Firebird's Talons
- Legs: Firebird's Down
- Feet: Firebird's Tarsi
Having two pieces in the set means Disintegrate skill ignites enemies, causing them to take 3000% damage as Fire until they die. If the character dies, a Meteor will fall from the sky to revive them. Having four pieces means casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 2% per stack, stacking up to 50 times. The Wizard gains 80% damage reduction while maintaining any Combustion stacks . Having six pieces means the Wizard gains +5000% increased damage if any enemies are Ignited. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling Fire spell deals 3000% damage as Fire for each Combustion stack.
Read More - Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Druid Builds
Along with the Firebird's Finary set, you'll want to equip the following gear to really maximise this builds potential:
- Wrists: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Waist: The Shame of Delsere
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring #1: Focus
- Ring #2: Restraint
- Weapon: Fragment of Destiny
- Off-hand: Orb of Infinite Depth
Kanai's Cube Slots -
Best Soul Shards For Wizard In Season 25
Ethereal Weapons are gone in Season 25, replaced instead with a new type of socketable item known as Soul Shards. In total, the game is adding 7 of these new soul shards and if you want the complete guide on how to get them and how to use them, follow the link above.
For now, let's assume you know how these Soul Shards work and dive into which you want to use with your Wizard build in Season 25.
Prime Evil Soul Shard:
Shard of Hatred (socketable in your helm)
Base Power: You deal 15% reduced damage while you have 3 or fewer enemies within 25 yards. If more than 3 enemies are within the same distance, you deal 5% increased damage per enemy (to a maximum of 50%).
- Killing an elite enemy pulls all enemies within 40 yards to where the elite died.
- Your Movement speed is increased by 50%. Each enemy within 25 yards reduces your movement speed by 10% up to 70%.
- You now deal 10% increased damage for every enemy instead of
10%5% (to a maximum of 100%)
Lesser Evil Soul Shard
Remnant of Pain (socketable in your weapon)
Base Power: Your Critical Hit Chance is reduced by 15%. Attacks against Incapacitated enemies are automatically critical hits.
- Hitting enemies with cold damage has a 50% chance to freeze them. Cold skill damage is increased to frozen targets by 20%.
- Gain passability while your movement speed bonus is over 50%. When you move through enemies you knock them back and stun them for 2 seconds.
- When you critically hit an enemy you increase the attack speed all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
Best Wizard Active Skills To Pick
- Spectral Blade with the Flame Blades Rune
- Disintegrate with the Chaos Nexus Rune
- Explosive Blast with the Chain Reaction Rune
- Magic Weapon with the Deflection Rune
- Teleport with the Safe Passage Rune
- Black Hole with the Spellsteal Rune or Frost Nova with the Bone Chill Rune
Best Wizard Passive Skills To Pick
- Galvanizing Ward - As long as you have not taken damage in the last 5 seconds you gain a protective shield that absorbs the next 60% of your Life in damage.
- Elemental Exposure - Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause them to take 5% more damage from your attacks for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times. Elemental damage from your weapon contributes to Elemental Exposure.
- Audacity - You deal 30% additional damage to enemies within 15 yards.
- Unwavering Will - Standing still for 1.5 seconds increases the following attributes: Armor: 20%. All Resistances: 20%, Damage: 10%
Wizard Firebird Flame Blade Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting to walk you through this build. Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over the Firebird Flame Blade Wizard.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 25?
Let us assume you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Wizard in Season 25'. That's fine, we're grateful you've read all this way. How about you have a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 25
- Best Crusader Build In Season 25
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 25
- Best Monk Build in Season 25
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 25
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 25
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!