Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 23 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops.
If the Wizard class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 23, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Wizard Good In Diablo 3 Season 23?
Although the Wizard class isn't the best class of Season 3, it does have two very very strong S-Tier builds that are well worth looking at for solo Greater Rifts pushing. There's also a number of A-Tier builds. So it's fair to say Wizard class is having a good season.
The Best Wizard Build in Diablo 3 Season 23
The best Wizard build for Diablo 3 season 23 (patch 2.7) is a new one, the Mirror Images Build with the Firebird Finary Armour set.
You'll need to gather the full Firebird's Finary armour set, which includes:
- Head: Firebird's Plume
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions
- Torso: Firebird's Breast
- Hands: Firebird's Talons
- Legs: Firebird's Down
- Feet: Firebird's Tarsi
Having two pieces in the set means Disintegrate skill ignites enemies, causing them to take 3000% damage as Fire until they die. If the character dies, a Meteor will fall from the sky to revive them. Having four pieces means casting Disintegrate adds Combustion stacks that reduce the cooldown of Teleport by 2% per stack, stacking up to 50 times. The Wizard gains 80% damage reduction while maintaining any Combustion stacks . Having six pieces means the Wizard gains +5000% increased damage if any enemies are Ignited. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling Fire spell deals 3000% damage as Fire for each Combustion stack.
Along with the Firebird's Finary set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your build potential:
- Wrists: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Waist: The Shame of Delsere
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring #1: Focus
- Ring #2: Restraint
- Weapon: Fragment of Destiny
- Off-hand: Orb of Infinite Depth
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: The Furnace
- Armour Slot: Aquila Cuirass
- Jewellery Slot: Convention of Elements
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Spectral Blade with Flame Blades Rune
- Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus Rune
- Explosive Blast with Chain Reaction Rune
- Magic Weapon with Deflection Rune
- Teleport with Safe Passage Rune
- Black Hole with Spellsteal Rune
Passive Skills -
- Galvanizing Ward - As long as you have not taken damage in the last 5 seconds you gain a protective shield that absorbs the next 60% of your Life in damage.
- Elemental Exposure - Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause them to take 5% more damage from your attacks for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times. Elemental damage from your weapon contributes to Elemental Exposure.
- Audacity - You deal 30% additional damage to enemies within 15 yards.
- Evocation - Reduce all cooldowns by 20%.
Wizard Firebird Mirror Image Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this build.
Alternative Wizard Builds In Season 23
If you don't fancy running with the Firebird Mirror Image build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Wizard class.
You can also opt for:
- Legacy of Dreams Twister Wizard Build
- Firebird Flame Blades Wizard Build
- Vyr-Chantodo Archon Wizard Build
- Legacy of Dreams Frozen Orb Wizard Build
Anything other than the four builds named above is likely to be B-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 23.