UPDATE: - Diablo 3 Season 24 is now live!
Original Story - Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick for Season 24 which has just started.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 24 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to leveling up fast if you need help with that too.
But if it's the Monk class that has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need to know, just below.
Is The Monk Good In Diablo 3 Season 24?
The Monk class has had a massive BUFF in Season 24 with arguably three of the strongest S-Tier builds all coming from the Monk class.
The best of the bunch (which we'll run through further down) is the Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Monk Build, which is incidentally, also probably the best build in the entire season for Solo Greater Rift pushing.
Though there's really no reason to not use either of the three S-Tier builds, there's also three very good A-Tier builds in Season 24.
It's fair to say that if you enjoy playing as the Monk, you're going to have a good time in Season 24.
The Best Monk Build in Diablo 3 Season 24
As mentioned, the best Monk build for Diablo 3 season 24 (patch 2.7.1) is the Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Build.
Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Gear Setup -
First things first, unlike the best build from Season 23, which was the Tempest Rush Build with the full Sunwuko Armour set, our new Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Monk doesn't have to worry about the set bonuses.
That's because it's all about using the Legacy of Dreams Gem. So while you have no set bonuses equipped, every legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. You'll also need to have Rank 25 ancient items of gear will give you even greater power.
DO NOT have more than one set item, as set bonuses will nullify the gem, which defeats the whole purpose of it in this build.
With that in mind, here's the gear setup recommended in Season 24. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website.
- Helm: Tzo Krin's Gaze
- Shoulders: Lefebvre's Soliloquy
- Gloves: Stone Gauntlets
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
- Boots: The Crudest Boots
- Bracers: Pinto's Pride
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Unity
- Weapon 1: Kyoshiro's Blade
- Weapon 2: Rabid Strike
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: Incense Torch of the Grand Temple
- Armour Slot: Bindings of the Lesser Gods
- Jewellery Slot: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Best Monk Ethereal Item In Season 24
The new Ethereals are powerful new weapons coming to the game in Season 24. But they are only available in Season 24, so make the most of them whilst you can.
An interesting aspect of these new weapons is that they have no durability and can never break. In addition, Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
You can see our full list of Ethereal Weapons on the link, but for the sake of our chosen Monk build, we're ideally hoping that we pick up Jade Talon. That's because it adds 30% attack speed and spirit on critical hits. If we're running the lightning variant of our Monk build, this will be very handy.
If you're now wondering how to farm ethereal weapons in Season 24, don't worry, we've also got a guide for that too. So just follow the link.
Best Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Wave of Light with Explosive Light Run
- Mystic Ally with Air Ally Rune
- Epiphany with Desert Shroud Rune
- Cyclone Strike with Implosion Rune
- Mantra of Salvation with Agility
- Blinding Flash with Faith in the Light
Best Passive Skills -
- Beacon of Ytar - Reduce all cooldowns by 20%.
- Seize the Initiative - Dealing damage to enemies above 75% Life increases your attack speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
- The Guardian's Path - While dual-wielding, you gain a 35% chance to dodge incoming attacks. While using a two-handed weapon, all Spirit generation is increased by 15%.
- Near Death Experience - When receiving fatal damage, you instead restore 35% Life and 35% Spirit and are immune to damage and control impairing effects for 2 seconds. This effect may occur once every 60 seconds.
- Harmony - 40% of your single elemental resistances from items instead increases your resistance to all elements.
Monk Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Build Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this build. Do Note, the build guide was made for Season 24 but will still be useful as he covers the non-seasonal variant of the build.
Alternative Monk Builds In Season 24
If you don't fancy running with the Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light build, what is wrong with you?
Only kidding. But if you don't fancy using the best Monk build in the game, you could try either the Inna Mystic Ally Monk Build or the Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk.
Both of the above are S-Tier options and very good ones at that, so we wouldn't look any further. There are of course some A-Tier options too, but honestly, why would you pick them over three of the strongest S-Tier builds in Season 24.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 24?
For argument's sake, you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Witch Doctor in Season 24'.
That's fine, well why don't we help you with a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 24
- Best Crusader Build In Season 24
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 24
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 24
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 24
- Best Wizard Build In Season 24
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!