Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 23 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops.
If the Monk class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 23, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Monk Good In Diablo 3 Season 23?
The Monk is a steady class in Season 23 but certainly not the best. It's fair to say the Crusader, Necromancer and Witch Doctor classes are the strongest three in Season 23.
But with three A-Tier builds for Solo Greater Rift pushing, the Monk is certainly no slouch.
The Best Monk Build in Diablo 3 Season 23
The best Monk build for Diablo 3 season 23 (patch 2.7) is the Tempest Rush Build with the Sunwuko Armour set.
You'll need to gather the full Sunwuko armour set, which includes:
- Helm: Sunwuko's Crown
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Sunwuko's Leggings
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines
Along with the Sunwuko set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your potential:
- Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Cesar's Memento
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon 1: Vengeful Wind
- Offhand: Won Khim Lau
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: Balance
- Armour Slot: Stone Gauntlets
- Jewellery Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Tempest Rush with Flurry
- Sweeping Wind with Inner Storm
- Blinding Flash with Faith in the Light
- Epiphany with Desert Shroud
- Mantra of Salvation with Agility
- Cyclone Strike with Soothing Breeze
Passive Skills -
- Beacon of Ytar - Reduce all cooldowns by 20%.
- Momentum - Moving 25 yards increases your damage by 20% for 6 seconds.
- Harmony - 40% of your single elemental resistances from items instead increases your resistance to all elements.
- Mythic Rhythm - Every third hit from a Spirit Generator increases the damage of your next damaging Spirit Spender by 40%.
Monk Sunwuko Tempest Rush Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this Sunwuko Tempest Rush build. Do Note, the build guide was made for Patch 2.6.8 but still applies to Season 23.
Alternative Monk Builds In Season 23
If you don't fancy running with the Sunwuko Tempest Rush build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Monk class.
Although they likely won't be anywhere near as well-positioned for Season 23 as the Sunwuko Tempest Rush build, you can also opt for:
- Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk Build
- Legacy of Dreams Tempest Rush Monk Build
Anything other than the two builds named above is likely to be B-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 23 for Solo Greater Rift pushing.