It's going to be some time until Diablo 4 is finally released, and whilst we might have Diablo 2 Resurrected to keep us occupied (albeit without the Season 1 Ladder), most fans might prefer to stick with Diablo 3, which never fails to satisfy our needs from one season to the next.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is certainly not getting long in the tooth just yet; there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG still.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick when Diablo 3 Season 25 Starts. Well, worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 25 Tier List you can read, which sorts the S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to level up fast if you need help with that too.
But if it's the Monk class that has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need to know, just below.
Read More - Diablo 3 Season 25 Haedrigs Gift
Is The Monk Good In Diablo 3 Season 25?
The Monk class has had a bit of a shake up in Season 25.
Last season's best overall build was the Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light Monk Build, but with the loss of ethereal weapons that has dropped to an A-Tier option in Season 25.
The good news is that there's still one very good S-Tier build option for the Monk in the new season as well as three further A-Tier options which are worth looking at.
We'll come onto the best Monk build in a minute, but it's also worth considering the following A-Tier options as well: PoJ Tempest Rush Build, LoD Tempest Rush Build, and SWK Tempest Rush Build.
The question is which is the best build of the new season?
Read More - Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Paladin Builds
The Best Monk Build in Diablo 3 Season 25
The best Monk build for Diablo 3 season 25 (as of patch 2.7.2) is the Inna Mystic Ally Build. With that in mind, here's the gear setup recommended for this build in Season 25.
Monk Inna Mystic Ally Gear Setup -
You'll need to gather the full Inna's Mantra armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Inna's Radiance
- Gloves: Inna's Hold
- Chest: Inna's Vast Expanse
- Belt: Inna's Favor
- Pants: Inna's Temperance
- Boots: Inna's Sandals
Having two pieces from the Inna's set will Increase the passive effect of your Mystic Ally and the base passive effect of your Mantra by 100%. Should you have four pieces you will Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times. You'll also gain 5% damage reduction for each Mystic Ally you have out and your Mystic Allies no longer take damage. Having six pieces means you gain the passive abilities of the five runed Mystic Allies at all times. Attacking enemies creates your chosen Mystic Ally that lasts 15 seconds, up to 10 Mystic Allies. The damage of your Mystic Allies is increased by 3000% for each Mystic Ally you have out.
Along with the Inna's Mantra armour set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your Monk's potential for this build:
- Bracers: Bindings of the Lesser Gods
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon 1: Shenlong's Fist of Legend
- Weapon 2: Shenlong's Relentless Assault
Kanai's Cube Slots
- Weapon Slot: Flying Dragon
- Armour Slot: Bindings of the Lesser Gods
- Jewellery Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
Best Soul Shards For Monk In Season 25
Ethereal Weapons are gone in Season 25, replaced instead with a new type of socketable item known as Soul Shards. In total, the game is adding 7 of these new soul shards and if you want the complete guide on how to get them and how to use them, follow the link above.
For now, let's assume you know how these Soul Shards work and dive into which you want to use with your Monk build in Season 25.
Prime Evil Soul Shard - Sliver of Terror
- Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 12.5% increased damage.
- Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 5% for each skill on cooldown.
- You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies.
- If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage is increased by 50%.
Lesser Evil Soul Shard - Dregs of Lies
- You deal 25% less damage. Your pets deal 25% increased damage.
- Killing an elite enemy reduces all your active cooldowns by 5 seconds.
- On receiving fatal damage, spawn a shadow that prevents your death, restores your health to 35%, and grants +225 All Resist to all party members while it is active. The shadow only lasts 15 seconds.
- Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 0.5% for 5 seconds. This stacks up to 100 times. When you reach 100 stacks, the stacks quickly reset to 0.
Best Monk Active Skills To Pick
Follow the links to take a closer look at the active skills on the official Diablo 3 game guide.
- Way of the Hundred Fists with the Assimilation rune
- Cyclone Strike with the Implosion rune
- Mystic Ally with the Fire Ally rune
- Dashing Strike with the Blinding Speed rune
- Inner Sanctuary with the Temple of Protection rune
- Serenity with the Ascension rune
Best Monk Passive Skills To Pick
- Beacon of Ytar - Reduce all cooldowns by 20%.
- Seize the Initiative - Dealing damage to enemies above 75% Life increases your attack speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
- The Guardian's Path - While dual-wielding, you gain a 35% chance to dodge incoming attacks. While using a two-handed weapon, all Spirit generation is increased by 15%.
- Near Death Experience - When receiving fatal damage, you instead restore 35% Life and 35% Spirit and are immune to damage and control impairing effects for 2 seconds. This effect may occur once every 60 seconds.
Monk Inna Mystic Ally Build Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting. Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this build.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 25?
Let us assume you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Monk in Season 25'. That's fine, we're grateful you've read all this way. How about you have a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 25
- Best Crusader Build In Season 25
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 25
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 25
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 25
- Best Wizard Build In Season 25
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!