Even with the release of Diablo 2: Resurrected, Diablo 3 continues to be one of the most supported games from Activision Blizzard as it is now on Season 25, which is a huge feat since the game has been out since 2012 and we’re now getting powers from the depths of Hell, thanks to the Soul Shards in Diablo 3 Season 25.
Considering how the series is called Diablo, it is kind of amazing how Diablo 3 waited for 25 Seasons to introduce the Hellish Soul Shards but they are interesting, giving players even more reason to replay this addictive hack-and-slash RPG so fans curious about this new addition should read on.
Read More: Diablo 3 Patch Notes: Season 25 2.7.2 Update & Confirmed Changes
How to get Soul Shards in Diablo 3 Season 25?
According to the official Blizzard website, players will be able to find Diablo 3’s Soul Shards anywhere in Sanctuary, though they are more likely to come from defeating bosses and are only dropped during Seasonal Play, so they cannot be transferred to your non-Seasonal characters.
How To Use Soul Shards With Your Build?
There are three Prime Evil Soul Shards and four Lesser Evil Soul Shards, none of which can be traded, though they can be salvaged or utilized in Caldesann’s Despair.
Players can equip one Prime Evil Soul Shard and one Lesser Evil Soul Shard of their choosing in each Diablo 3 build.
Prime Evil Soul Shards and Their Effects
Sliver of Terror
- Base Power: Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 25% 12.5% increased damage.
- Additional Powers: Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 7% to 5% for each skill on cooldown. You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies. If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage is increased by 50%.
Shard of Hatred
- Base Power: You deal 15% reduced damage while you have 3 or fewer enemies within 25 yards. If more than 3 enemies are within the same distance, you deal 10% to 5% increased damage per enemy (to a maximum of 100% 50%).
- Additional Powers: Killing an elite enemy pulls all enemies within 40 yards to where the elite died. Your Movement speed is increased by 50%. Each enemy within 25 yards reduces your movement speed by 10% up to 70%. You now deal 15% 10% increased damage for every enemy instead of 10% 5% (to a maximum of 150% 100%)
Fragment of Destruction
- Base Power: You move unhindered through enemies. Each enemy you pass through receives Mark of Destruction for 7 seconds. Each marked enemy that dies removes 1 second from one of your skills on cooldown. If the Mark of Destruction expires before the enemies die you lose 2% of your maximum health as damage. Marks are not applied if you are below 35% health.
- Additional Powers: You have a 25% Chance to restore 5% health when an enemy dies with Mark of Destruction active. When you apply Mark of Destruction to an enemy, you increase your movement speed by 5% for 7 seconds. Max 10 Stacks. You now leave a trail of fire in your wake that slays enemies with the Mark of Destruction and are below 10% health.
Lesser Evil Soul Shards and Their Effects
Stain of Sin
- Base Power: You deal 25% less damage. When you kill 50 enemies, you spawn a pool of blood that increases the damage done to elite enemies by 150% and lasts 15 seconds.
- Additional Powers: The pool of blood now negates Elite affixes within its area. You gain an additional Rift Progress Orb when you kill an elite pack. The pool of blood now collects Rift Progress Orbs.
Dregs of Lies
- Base Power: You deal 25% less damage. Your pets deal 50% 25% increased damage.
- Additional Powers: Killing an elite enemy reduces all your active cooldowns by 5 seconds. On receiving fatal damage, spawn a shadow that prevents your death, restores your health to 35%, and grants +225 All Resist to all party members while it is active. The shadow only lasts 15 seconds. Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 1% 0.5% for 5 seconds. This stacks up to 100 times. When you reach 100 stacks, the stacks quickly reset to 0.
Remnant of Pain
- Base Power: Your Critical Hit Chance is reduced by 15%. Attacks against Incapacitated enemies are automatically critical hits.
- Additional Powers: Hitting enemies with cold damage has a 50% chance to freeze them. Cold skill damage is increased to frozen targets by 20%. Gain passability while your movement speed bonus is over 50%. When you move through enemies you knock them back and stun them for 2 seconds. When you critically hit an enemy you increase the attack speed all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
Essence of Anguish
- Base Power: Every time you deal poison damage to an enemy you increase your cooldown reduction and movement speed by 2.5% while your damage received is increased by 5% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
- Additional Powers: Your movement speed and cooldown reduction can be increased up to 15 times by dealing poison damage to an enemy. When you deal poison damage to an enemy they receive 50% increased poison damage from all sources for 10 seconds. Killing an enemy deals the damage done by the death blow to all enemies within 25 yards.
Diablo 3 is now available on the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.