Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 23 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops.
If the Demon Hunter class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 23, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Demon Hunter Good In Diablo 3 Season 23?
In a word. No. Demon Hunter's have been hit hard in Season 23 and the best build for Greater Rifts solo pushing is probably B Tier at best. Not a good season for Demon Hunter fans, that is for sure.
The Best Demon Hunter Build in Diablo 3 Season 23
The best Crusader build for Diablo 3 season 23 (patch 2.7) is the Hungering Arrow Build with the Gears of Dreadlands Armour set.
You'll need to gather the full Gears of Dreadlands armour set, which includes:
- Helm: Dystopian Goggles
- Shoulders: Mechanical Pauldrons
- Gloves: Gas Powered Automail Forearm
- Chest: Galvanized Vest
- Pants: Cold Cathode Trousers
- Boots: Antique Vintage Boots
Along with the GoD set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your Demon Hunter potential:
- Belt: Hunter's Wrath
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Dawn
- Offhand: Valla's Bequest
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: The Ninth Cirri Satchel
- Armour Slot: Depth Diggers
- Jewellery Slot: Convention of Elements
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Hungering Arrow with Devouring Arrow Rune
- Strafe with Drifting Shadow Rune
- Preparation with Focused Mind Rune
- Shadow Power with Gloom Rune
- Fan of Knives with Bladed Armor Rune
- Vengeance with Dark Heart Rune
Passive Skills -
- Cull the Weak - Increase damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies by 20%
- Numbing Traps - Enemies you Slow, Chill, or hit with Fan of Knives, Spike Trap, Caltrops, Grenades, and Sentry fire have their damage reduced by 25% for 5 seconds.
- Archery - Gain a bonus based on your weapon type: Bow: 8% increased damage, Crossbow: 50% Critical Hit Damage, Hand Crossbow: 5% Critical Hit Chance, 2nd Hand Crossbow: 1 Hatred per Second
- Ambush - You deal 40% additional damage to enemies above 75% health.
Demon Hunter GoD Hungering Arrow Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this GoD Hungering Arrow build.
Alternative Demon Hunter Builds In Season 23
If you don't fancy running with the GoD Hungering Arrow build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Demon Hunter class.
You can also opt for:
- Natalya's Vengeance Rapid Fire Demon Hunter Build
- Legacy of Dreams Rapid Fire Demon Hunter Build
- Shadow Mantle Impale Demon Hunter Build
Anything other than the three builds named above is likely to be B-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 23.