UPDATE: - Diablo 3 Season 24 is now live!
Original Story - Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick for Season 24 which has just started.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 24 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to leveling up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Demon Hunter class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Demon Hunter Good In Diablo 3 Season 24?
Strictly speaking, no. The Demon Hunter class isn't the best represented in the games Tier List of best class and build options. For a good few seasons, it's had barely any representation in the top tiers.
In Season 23, for instance, the best Demon Hunter was the Hungering Arrow Build with the Gears of Dreadlands Armour set. But it was B-Tier at best, with many other options much lower down the pecking order. But in Season 24, we've had a mini shakeup. There's admitedly, still only a few options available, but the aforementioned GoD Hungering Arrow Build is now very strong. An S-Tier build.
There's also at least one more build option in the A-Tier ranks.
So, whilst Demon Hunter is still not great as a class, it does at least have one build repping the S-Tier in Season 24.
The Best Demon Hunter Build in Diablo 3 Season 24
The best Demon Hunter build for Diablo 3 season 24 (patch 2.7.1) is once again, the Hungering Arrow Build with the Gears of Dreadlands Armour set.
Hungering Arrow Build Gear Set Up -
You'll need to gather the full Gears of Dreadlands armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Dystopian Goggles
- Shoulders: Mechanical Pauldrons
- Gloves: Gas Powered Automail Forearm
- Chest: Galvanized Vest
- Pants: Cold Cathode Trousers
- Boots: Antique Vintage Boots
Having two pieces in the set allows players to gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, at a maximum duration of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum. Having four pieces means that Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum. Finally, having six pieces means your primary skills deal 15,000% increased damage.
Along with the GoD set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your Demon Hunter potential:
- Belt: Hunter's Wrath
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Dawn
- Offhand: Valla's Bequest
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: The Ninth Cirri Satchel
- Armour Slot: Depth Diggers
- Jewellery Slot: Convention of Elements
Best Demon Hunter Ethereal Item In Season 24
The new Ethereals are powerful new weapons coming to the game in Season 24. But they are only available in Season 24, so make the most of them whilst you can.
An interesting aspect of these new weapons is that they have no durability and can never break. In addition, Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
If you're now wondering how to farm ethereal weapons in Season 24, don't worry, we've also got a guide for that too. So just follow the link.
Best Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Hungering Arrow with Devouring Arrow Rune
- Strafe with Drifting Shadow Rune
- Preparation with Focused Mind Rune
- Shadow Power with Gloom Rune
- Fan of Knives with Bladed Armor Rune
- Vengeance with Dark Heart Rune
Best Passive Skills -
- Cull the Weak - Increase damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies by 20%
- Numbing Traps - Enemies you Slow, Chill, or hit with Fan of Knives, Spike Trap, Caltrops, Grenades, and Sentry fire have their damage reduced by 25% for 5 seconds.
- Archery - Gain a bonus based on your weapon type: Bow: 8% increased damage, Crossbow: 50% Critical Hit Damage, Hand Crossbow: 5% Critical Hit Chance, 2nd Hand Crossbow: 1 Hatred per Second
- Ambush - You deal 40% additional damage to enemies above 75% health.
Demon Hunter GoD Hungering Arrow Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about watching a video, because that's far more interesting and enjoyable sometimes.
Have a watch of the below video from Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this GoD Hungering Arrow build.
Alternative Demon Hunter Builds In Season 24
If you don't fancy running with the GoD Hungering Arrow build, there is at least one alternative if you would prefer to keep using the Demon Hunter class.
Instead, we would suggest using the Natalya Vengeance Rapid Fire Demon Hunter Build, which is a nailed on A-Tier build.
Anything other than the two builds named above are B-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 24.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 24?
For argument's sake, you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Witch Doctor in Season 24'.
That's fine, well why don't we help you with a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 24
- Best Crusader Build In Season 24
- Best Monk Build in Season 24
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 24
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 24
- Best Wizard Build In Season 24
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!