It's going to be some time until Diablo 4 is finally released, and whilst we might have Diablo 2 Resurrected to keep us occupied (albeit without the Season 1 Ladder), most fans might prefer to stick with Diablo 3, which never fails to satisfy our needs from one season to the next.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is certainly not getting long in the tooth just yet; there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG still.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick when Diablo 3 Season 25 Starts. Well, worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 25 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to level up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Demon Hunter class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 25, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Read More - Diablo 3 Season 25 Haedrigs Gift
Is The Demon Hunter Good In Diablo 3 Season 25?
In a word, no. Like Season 24, The Demon Hunter class isn't the best represented in the games Tier List of build options. For a good few seasons, it's had barely any representation in the top tiers and Season 25 is by no means different.
For starters, last seasons best build, the Gears of Dreadlands Hungering Arrow build has been hit hard from the loss of ethereal weapons, dropping from S-Tier to B tier.
In Season 25 there's no S-Tier representation for the Demon Hunter and only one A-Tier build, which is incidentally the best Demon Hunter build of the season.
The Best Demon Hunter Build in Diablo 3 Season 25
The best Demon Hunter build for Diablo 3 season 25 (as of patch 2.7.2) is the newly buffed Marauder Sentry Build. With that in mind, here's the gear setup recommended for this build in Season 25.
Marauder Sentry Build Gear Set Up -
You'll need to gather the Embodiment of the Marauder armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Marauder's Visage
- Shoulders: Marauder's Spines
- Gloves: Marauder's Gloves
- Chest: Marauder's Carapace
- Pants: Marauder's Encasement
- Boots: Marauder's Treads
Having two pieces in the set has the following bonus "Companion calls all companions to your side.". Having four pieces means that Sentries deal 400% increased damage and cast Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow when you do. Finally, having six pieces means your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, and Vengeance deal 12,000% increased damage for every active Sentry.
Read More - Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Paladin Builds
Along with the Marauder set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your Demon Hunter build potential:
- Belt: Zoey's Secret
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Yang's Recurve
- Offhand: Bombardier's Rucksack
Kanai's Cube Slots
Best Soul Shards For Demon Hunter In Season 25
Ethereal Weapons are gone in Season 25, replaced instead with a new type of socketable item known as Soul Shards. In total, the game is adding 7 of these new soul shards and if you want the complete guide on how to get them and how to use them, follow the link above.
For now, let's assume you know how these Soul Shards work and dive into which you want to use with your Demon Hunter build in Season 25.
Prime Evil Soul Shard - Sliver of Terror
- Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 12.5% increased damage.
- Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 5% for each skill on cooldown.
- You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies.
- If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage is increased by 50%.
Lesser Evil Soul Shard - Dregs of Lies
- You deal 25% less damage. Your pets deal 25% increased damage.
- Killing an elite enemy reduces all your active cooldowns by 5 seconds.
- On receiving fatal damage, spawn a shadow that prevents your death, restores your health to 35%, and grants +225 All Resist to all party members while it is active. The shadow only lasts 15 seconds.
- Each time your pet hits an enemy, your damage is increased by 0.5% for 5 seconds. This stacks up to 100 times. When you reach 100 stacks, the stacks quickly reset to 0.
Best Demon Hunter Active Skills To Pick
- Evasive Fire with the Focus Rune
- Cluster Arrow with the Loaded for Bear Rune
- Vault with the Tumble Rune
- Sentry with the Polar Station Rune
- Rain of Vengeance with the Flying Strike Rune
Best Demon Hunter Passive Skills To Pick
- Cull the Weak - Increase damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies by 20%
- Ambush - You deal 40% additional damage to enemies above 75% health.
- Custom Engineering - Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry by 100%. Increase the maximum number and charges of Sentries to 3 and number of Spike Traps to 5.
- Steady Aim - As long as there are no enemies within 10 yards, all damage is increased by 20%.
Demon Hunter Marauder Sentry Build Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about watching a video, because that's far more interesting and enjoyable sometimes. Have a watch of the below video from Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this top tier Season 25 build.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 25?
Let us assume you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Demon Hunter in Season 25'. That's fine, we're grateful you've read all this way. How about you have a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 25
- Best Crusader Build In Season 25
- Best Monk Build in Season 25
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 25
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 25
- Best Wizard Build In Season 25
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!