Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 23 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops.
If the Crusader class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 23, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Crusader Good In Diablo 3 Season 23?
Hoo boy yes. This is arguably the best class to use in Season 23, especially if you're using the Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury, which is arguably the best build of Season 23 for Greater Rifts solo pushing.
The Best Crusader Build in Diablo 3 Season 23
The best Crusader build for Diablo 3 season 23 (patch 2.7) is the Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury Build.
You'll need to gather the full Aegis of Valor armour set, which includes:
- Helm: Crown of Valor
- Shoulders: Spaulders of Valor
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Valor
- Chest: Brigandine of Valor
- Boots: Greaves of Valor
Along with the AoV set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your potential:
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Bracers: Bracer of Fury
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Pig Sticker
- Offhand: Shield of Fury
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: Fate of the Fell
- Armour Slot: Stone Gauntlets
- Jewellery Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Heaven's Fury with Fires of Heaven
- Fist of the Heavens with Fissure
- Laws of Valor with Unstoppable Force
- Judgment used with Bracer of Fury
- Iron Skin with Flash
- Akarat's Champion with Prophet
Passive Skills -
- Fervor - While wielding a one-handed weapon, your attack speed is increased by 15% and all cooldowns are reduced by 15%.
- Holy Cause - The amount of damage dealt by your weapon is increased by 10%. Whenever you deal Holy damage, you heal up to 1% of your total Life.
- Long Arm of the Law - Increase the duration of the Active effect of all Laws by 5 seconds
- Finery - Gain 1.5% Strength for every gem socketed into your gear.
Crusader Aegis of Valor Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this Aegis of Valor build.
Alternative Crusader Builds In Season 23
If you don't fancy running with the Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Crusader class.
Although they likely won't be anywhere near as well-positioned for Season 23 as the Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury build, you can also opt for:
- Akkhan Invoker Bombardment Crusader Build
- Legacy of Nightmares Bombardment Crusader Build
- Invoker Thorns Crusader Build
Anything other than the three builds named above is likely to be B-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 23.