It's going to be some time until Diablo 4 is finally released, and whilst we might have Diablo 2 Resurrected to keep us occupied (albeit without the Season 1 Ladder), most fans might prefer to stick with Diablo 3, which never fails to satisfy our needs from one season to the next.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is certainly not getting long in the tooth just yet; there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG still.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick when Diablo 3 Season 25 Starts. Well, worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 25 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to level up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Crusader class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Table of Contents
- Is The Crusader Good In Diablo 3 Season 25?
- The Best Crusader Build in Diablo 3 Season 25
- Best Soul Shards For Crusader In Season 25
- Best Crusader Active Skills To Pick
- Best Crusader Passive Skills To Pick
- Crusader Akkhan Invoker Bombardment Video Guide
- What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 25?
Read More - Diablo 3 Season 25 Haedrigs Gift
Is The Crusader Good In Diablo 3 Season 25?
Yes, 100%. Although we say that with a bit of a caveat.
First off, the crusader class has two S-Tier options and three very decent A-Tier options in season 25. The A-Tier offerings include the LoN Bombardment build, the Roland Sweep build and the Invoker Thorns build (follow the links to learn more from the collection of experts at Maxroll.gg).
As for the A-Tier options, the Aegis Of Valor Heaven's Fury Crusader Build is still hanging around, having been one of the strongest builds of Season 23 and 24. Blizzard just can't seem to nerf this build option as hard as they try. However, whilst the AoV Heaven's Fury build is S-Tier, it's arguably not worth considering in Season 25 due to it being a rather slow build to use. It's a similar problem as the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Barbarian Build, which is fine, but just too slow at clearing enemies.
Thankfully though, there is one other S-Tier build worth considering for the Crusader class in Season 25.
Read More - When Does Diablo 3 Season 25 Start?
The Best Crusader Build in Diablo 3 Season 25
The best Crusader build for Diablo 3 season 25 (as of patch 2.7.2) is the Akkhan Bombardment Build. With that in mind, here's the gear setup recommended for this build in Season 25.
Akkhan Bombardment Crusader Gear Set-up
You'll need to gather the various armor sets for this build, but it mainly revolves around the Akkhan armour set. But we're also working in Thorns of the Invoker, and Captain Crimson's Trimmings. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Pride of the Invoker
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan
- Boots: Sabatons of Akkhan
- Amulet: Talisman of Akkhan
Having two pieces in the Akkhan set reduces the cost of all abilities by 50% while Akarat's Champion is active. Having four pieces will reduce the cooldown of Akarat's Champion by 50%. Likewise, having the two set from Thorns of the Invoker armor means our Thorns damage now hits all enemies in a 15 yard radius around you. Each time you hit an enemy with Punish, Slash, or block an attack your Thorns is increased by 90% for 2 seconds. This effect stacks up to 10 times. Finally our two set bonus from Captain Crimson's Trimmings set means we Regenerates 6000 Life per Second, Reduces cooldown of all skills by 20.0% and Reduces all resource costs by 20.0%.
You'll want to equip the following to really maximise your potential:
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Bracers: Shackles of the Invoker
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Justice Lantern
- Weapon: Flail of the Charge
- Offhand: Shield of the Steed
Read More - Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Assassin Builds
Best Kanai's Cube Slot Options -
Best Soul Shards For Crusader In Season 25
Ethereal Weapons are gone in Season 25, replaced instead with a new type of socketable item known as Soul Shards. In total, the game is adding 7 of these new soul shards and if you want the complete guide on how to get them and how to use them, follow the link above.
For now, let's assume you know how these Soul Shards work and dive into which you want to use with your Crusader build in Season 25.
Prime Evil Soul Shard - Sliver of Terror
- Your cooldowns are increased by 25%. For every skill on cooldown, you take 12.5% reduced damage and deal 12.5% increased damage.
- Your attack speed and critical hit chance are increased by 5% for each skill on cooldown.
- You cast a devastating Ring of Fire after killing 100 enemies.
- If three or more skills are on cooldown, your lightning and fire skill damage is increased by 50%.
Lesser Evil Soul Shard - Remnant of Pain
- Your Critical Hit Chance is reduced by 15%. Attacks against Incapacitated enemies are automatically critical hits.
- Hitting enemies with cold damage has a 50% chance to freeze them. Cold skill damage is increased to frozen targets by 20%.
- Gain passability while your movement speed bonus is over 50%. When you move through enemies you knock them back and stun them for 2 seconds.
- When you critically hit an enemy you increase the attack speed all players by 5% for 5 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
Best Crusader Active Skills To Pick
- Punish with the Celerity Rune
- Bombardment with the Barrels of Spikes Rune
- Shield Glare with the Divine Verdict Rune
- Steed Charge with the Rejuvenation Rune
- Iron Skin with the Reflective Skin Rune
- Akarat's Champion with the Prophet Rune
Best Crusader Passive Skills To Pick
- Heavenly Strength - You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand. Your damage dealt is reduced by 20%.
- Iron Maiden - Your Thorns is increased by 50%.
- Lord Commander - The cooldown of Steed Charge is reduced by 25% and Bombardment by 35%. Damage dealt by Phalanx is increased 20%.
- Hold Your Ground - You can no longer Dodge, but your Block Chance is increased by 30%.
Crusader Akkhan Invoker Bombardment Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting. Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this top tier Season 25 build.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 25?
Let us assume you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Crusader in Season 25'. That's fine, we're grateful you've read all this way. How about you have a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 25
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 25
- Best Monk Build in Season 25
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 25
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 25
- Best Wizard Build In Season 25
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!