Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 23 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops.
If the Witch Doctor class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 23, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Witch Doctor Good In Diablo 3 Season 23?
No. Not really. The only viable solo greater rift pushing build is the Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor. This build has also taken a tumble from S-Tier to A-Tier. It's fair to say Witch Doctor's haven't come out of Season 23 in good shape.
The Best Witch Doctor Build in Diablo 3 Season 23
The best Crusader build for Diablo 3 season 23 (patch 2.7) is the Spirit Barrage Build with the Mundunugu's Regalia Armour set.
You'll need to gather the full Mundunugu Regalia armour set, which includes:
- Helm: Mundunugu's Headdress
- Shoulders: Mundunugu's Descendant
- Gloves: Mundunugu's Rhythm
- Chest: Mundunugu's Robe
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Mundunugu's Dance
Having two pieces in the set means the Big Bad Voodoo skill now follows the caster and lasts twice as long. Having four pieces means players gain 60% damage reduction for 30 seconds after entering the Spirit Realm. Having six pieces means Spirit Barrage deals 20,000% increased damage plus an additional 5% for every 1.00 of current Mana Regeneration per Second.
Along with the Mundunugu Regalia set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your potential:
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon 1: Sacred Harvester
- Weapon 2: Gazing Demise
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: The Barber
- Armor Slot: Aquila Cuirass
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Spirit Barrage with Manitou Rune
- Locust Swarm with Pestilence Rune
- Piranhas with Piranhado Rune
- Spirit Walk with Severance Rune
- Big Bad Voodoo with Ghost Trance Rune
- Soul Harvest with Languish Rune
Passive Skills -
- Spirit Vessel - When you receive fatal damage, you automatically enter the spirit realm for 2 seconds and heal to 50% of your maximum Life. This effect may occur once every 60 seconds.
- Rush of Essence - Spirit spells return 100 Mana over 10 seconds. Spirit spells are: Haunt, Horrify, Mass Confusion, Soul Harvest, Spirit Barrage, Spirit Walk
- Confidence Ritual - You deal 25% additional damage to enemies within 20 yards.
- Grave Injustice - Gain 1% of your maximum Life and Mana and reduce the cooldown of all of your skills by 1 second when an enemy dies within 20 yards. The range is extended by items that increase your gold pickup radius.
Witch Doctor Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Build Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this Mundunugu Spirit Barrage build. Do note, the build guide was made for Season 22 but still applies to Season 23.
Alternative Witch Doctor Builds In Season 23
If you don't fancy running with the Spirit Barrage Build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Witch Doctor class. Although it's worth stressing that they're nowhere near as good, but you could also opt for:
- Carnevil Poison Dart Build with Zunimassa Set
- Carnevil Dagger of Darts Build with Legacy of Dreams
Anything other than the two builds named above are likely to be C-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 23 for Solo Greater Rift Pushing.