UPDATE: - Diablo 3 Season 24 is now live!
Original Story - Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick for Season 24 which has just started.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 24 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to leveling up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Witch Doctor class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Is The Witch Doctor Good In Diablo 3 Season 24?
A tricky question. Like the Demon Hunter in Season 24, the Witch Doctor has got two very good, very strong builds to call on.
This includes the Spirit Barrage Build with the Mundunugu's Regalia set and the Zunimassa Poison Dart Witch Doctor. But beyond these two builds, the tier list is not pretty to look at for Witch Doctor fans.
The Witch Doctor then takes a tumble down the ranks, with the third-best build a B-Tier at best.
So is the Witch Doctor good in Season 24? Yes, but only if you stick to one of the two builds mentioned above.
The Best Witch Doctor Build in Diablo 3 Season 24
The best Witch Doctor build for Diablo 3 season 24 (patch 2.7.1) is once again the Spirit Barrage Build with the Mundunugu's Regalia Armour set.
Spirit Barrage Build Gear Set-Up -
You'll need to gather the full Mundunugu Regalia armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Mundunugu's Headdress
- Shoulders: Mundunugu's Descendant
- Gloves: Mundunugu's Rhythm
- Chest: Mundunugu's Robe
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Mundunugu's Dance
Having two pieces in the set means the Big Bad Voodoo skill now follows the caster and lasts twice as long. Having four pieces means players gain 60% damage reduction for 30 seconds after entering the Spirit Realm. Having six pieces means Spirit Barrage deals 20,000% increased damage plus an additional 5% for every 1.00 of current Mana Regeneration per Second.
Along with the Mundunugu Regalia set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise the build potential:
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon 1: Sacred Harvester
- Weapon 2: Gazing Demise
Kanai's Cube Slots -
Best Witch Doctor Ethereal Item In Season 24
The new Ethereals are powerful new weapons coming to the game in Season 24. But they are only available in Season 24, so make the most of them whilst you can.
An interesting aspect of these new weapons is that they have no durability and can never break. In addition, Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
The two other Ethereal weapons, Ghostflame and The Gidbinn are not useful for this build. But Arioc's Needle offers a 200% multiplicative damage bonus to 'Decay' skills, which includes our favoured Spirit Barrage skill.
Grandfather is probably the best of the bunch, a two-handed weapon with high attack speed that deals 3477+ damage per second. That said Gimmershred is also a good pick, and is only one-handed.
If you're now wondering how to farm ethereal weapons in Season 24, don't worry, we've also got a guide for that too. So just follow the link.
Best Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Spirit Barrage with Manitou Rune
- Locust Swarm with Pestilence Rune
- Piranhas with Piranhado Rune
- Spirit Walk with Severance Rune
- Big Bad Voodoo with Ghost Trance Rune
- Soul Harvest with Languish Rune
Best Passive Skills -
- Spirit Vessel - When you receive fatal damage, you automatically enter the spirit realm for 2 seconds and heal to 50% of your maximum Life. This effect may occur once every 60 seconds.
- Rush of Essence - Spirit spells return 100 Mana over 10 seconds. Spirit spells are: Haunt, Horrify, Mass Confusion, Soul Harvest, Spirit Barrage, Spirit Walk
- Confidence Ritual - You deal 25% additional damage to enemies within 20 yards.
- Grave Injustice - Gain 1% of your maximum Life and Mana and reduce the cooldown of all of your skills by 1 second when an enemy dies within 20 yards. The range is extended by items that increase your gold pickup radius.
Witch Doctor Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this Mundunugu Spirit Barrage build. Do note, the build guide was made for Season 22 but still applies to Season 24 builds.
Alternative Witch Doctor Builds In Season 24
If you don't fancy running with the Spirit Barrage Build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Witch Doctor class.
The next best thing, as mention before, is the Legacy of Dreams Poison Dart Carnevil Witch Doctor. You could also opt for any of the below, but they're nowhere near as good.
- Legacy of Dreams Poison Dart Carnevil Witch Doctor Build
- Legacy of Dreams Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Build
- Helltooth Zombie Bears Witch Doctor Build
- Jade Harvester Witch Doctor Build
- Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor Build
Anything other than the builds named above are likely to be C-Tier or below so might not be worth your time in Season 24 for Solo Greater Rift Pushing.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 24?
For argument's sake, you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Witch Doctor in Season 24'.
That's fine, well why don't we help you with a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Barbarian Build In Season 24
- Best Crusader Build In Season 24
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 24
- Best Monk Build in Season 24
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 24
- Best Wizard Build In Season 24
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!