UPDATE [July 23] - Diablo 3 Season 24 Starts TODAY. There's still time to get ready for the new season with everything you need to know just below. Good luck!
[Original Story] - Diablo 3 Season 23 has ended and the new season is fast approaching and that means fans of Blizzards hack-and-slash action RPG are now turning all of their attention to what comes next. Thankfully, Blizzard has announced a Diablo 3 Season 24 Start Time, so the wait is almost over.
The games next big update has already undergone testing on the Patch Test Realm (PTR), with players on PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch will be eager to get their hands on the new season of goodies.
Diablo 3 Season 23 started way back in early April, so fans are no doubt keen to get stuck into the launch of Season 24, which is titled 'Ethereal Memory'.
To help pool all the important details together into one place, we've pulled together this guide to help introduce you to the new season. Without further ado, read on for everything you need to know ahead of Diablo 3 Season 24 going live.
July 23, 2021 -
A reminder that the Diablo 2 themed Barbarian transmog is now available in-game for anyone who has pre-ordered Diablo II: Resurrected.
July 22 2021 -
The Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.1 is now live and available to download on all platforms.
We suggest all players download the new patch ahead of time so you can jump into the new season as soon as it becomes available on July 23.
Diablo 3 Season 24 Start Time
Diablo 3 Season 24 has a confirmed start date of July 23, 2021 and a scheduled start time of 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST)
As ever with Blizzard, there's normally a different start time depending on what platform you're playing on and where in the world you are.
In the past, the developer has pushed out new updates for the Seasons at 5pm local time, regardless of where you live across the world.
So that means you can likely expect this new Season to kick off at 5pm in your time zone.
Typically, PC versions of the new Seasons go live earlier than console versions, with console players having to wait an extra few hours until they can join in on the fun.
In the past we've normaly seen the new seasons go live for PlatStation [PS4/PS5], Xbox and Nintendo Switch players at around 1am local time the next day.
When Does Diablo 3 Season 24 Start?
[Original Story Copy - A start date has now been confirmed, as per the above]
The launch of new Diablo 3 Seasons usually follow the same rough formula. Typically each Season of Diablo has lasted (on average) around 12 weeks. It's also pretty routine that a Season will end on a Sunday, with new seasons always starting on a Friday.
We know that Season 23 is due to end on July 18 (a Sunday). In fact if you want to get really technical, here is the official end times based on your location in the world:
- North America – July 18 at 5PM PDT/ 8PM EST
- Europe – July 18 at 4PM BST/ 5PM CEST
- Asia – July 18 at 5PM KST
Historically Blizzard has then waited a customary two weeks before kicking off the new season. Although, this isn't set in stone and there have been instances when the devs have waited a little bit longer. In some cases to fine-tune the existing update on the PTR.
Given that the most recent update seems to have been well received - and with a Diablo 2 Ressurection Beta test in August - we suspect Blizzard could look to push this update out sooner, rather than later.
That means it could arrive as early as July 23, but more realistically we think it could be July 30 or August 6 when we see it launch.
We will, of course, be sure to update this page should anything change or if Blizzard shares official confirmation.
Diablo 3 Season 24 Ethereals Explained
Every new season normally makes one significant change to keep things fresh.
In Season 23 there was a huge revamp to the follower system. In Season 24, Blizzard has yet another big twist, with the introduction of Ethereals, a new weapon type. This is a nod to the Ethereal items used in Diablo 2.
In Diablo 3 however, players will be able to acquire and hunt for Ethereal Weapons in their seasonal journey.
Here's a bit more info, courtesy of Blizzard:
Ethereals will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II.
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play. Please note that the reward functionality for Ethereal Recollection will not be available during PTR 2.7.1.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
What Are The Diablo 3 Season 24 Class Sets
Just like every season fans can expect to see another rotation for the games class set rewards.
Players completing certain chapters from the Season Journey will be rewarded with three sets as part of Haedrigs Gift.
You'll find more info on the Class Sets rewarded for Season 24 on the link above, but if you want a quick look at them, take a look below:
For the sake of anyone who can't remember, here's a rundown of the sets granted by Haedrig’s Gift in Season 23:
- Monk - Raiment of a Thousand Storms
- Demon Hunter - Unhallowed Essence
- Crusader - Roland’s Legacy
- Wizard - Tal Rasha’s Elements
- Barbarian - Wrath of the Wastes
- Witch Doctor - Helltooth Harness
- Necromancer - Bones of Rathma
Diablo 3 Season 24 Seasonal Cosmetic Rewards
Like Haedrig’s Gift, there are also all-new Season Journey Rewards for players in Season 24.
You'll find a complete breakdown of the Diablo 3 Season 24 Rewards on the link,
But for a quick tease, here's a look at the new rewards on offer for anyone who completes the Season 24 Guardian Journey.
Up for grabs in Season 24 is the Terror Resurrected Portrait and the Lesser Mummy Pet.
Season 24 Seasonal Conquests
Just like every new season, there are once again new seasonal conquests on rotation. Here's a look at the new Seasonal Conquests in Season 24:
• On A Good Day - Level three legendary gems to level 65
• I Can’t Stop - Level three legendary gems to level 65 in Hardcore mode,
• Curses! - Kill 350 or more monsters in a cursed chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher
• Stars Align - Kill 350 or more monsters in a cursed chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher in Hardcore mode
• The Thrill - Reach Greater Rift Level 45 solo without any Set items
• Super Human - Reach Greater Rift Level 45 solo without any Set items
equipped in Hardcore mode
• Years of War - Reach Greater Rift Level 55 solo with the full bonuses of six of the following class sets
• Dynasty - Reach Greater Rift Level 55 solo with the full bonuses of six of the following class sets in Hardcore mode
• Boss Mode/Worlds Apart - is a speed challenge where you’ll need to eliminate the following bosses at level 70 and Torment X in under twenty minutes:
- The Skeleton King
- The Butcher
- Zoltun Kulle
- Queen Araneae
- Siegebreaker Assault Beast
Diablo 3 Season 24 Latest Patch Notes
The official Diablo 3 PTR ended on July 1, 2021 along with testing for the games next update, patch 2.7.1.
However, the developers have now shared their official patch notes ahead of the release of Season 24.
So if you want to know all the nitty-gritty changes coming next season, you'll want to have a read of the Diablo 3 Season 24 2.7.1 Patch Notes.
Intrigued? Then we would suggest that if you've got time you take a look at our dedicated page (linked to above) for the full low down on all new season changes.