We're you lucky enough to get a PS5 for Christmas?
Are you always completely stuffed from Christmas dinner?
Maybe you can't be bothered to get up of the sofa, and that's fair enough.
You can actually restart your PS5 using the DualSense controller.
The UI is a little different from the PS4 but shouldn't take long to get to grips with.
Keep reading too as there will be some more guides for the PS5 below!
How To Restart PS5 Using Your DualSense Controller?
To restart your PS5 console using nothing but your DualSense controller is a doddle.
We've outlined these steps for you, just below:
1 - To restart, you need to go to the PS5 control centre menu, which you can access by pressing the PlayStation logo on your new DualSense controller.
2 - In the control centre scroll all the way to the right-hand side of the menu until you're hovering over the power button.
3 - Click the power button and you'll be presented with three options to power down your console.
4 - This includes 'Enter Rest Mode', 'Turn Off PS5' and 'Restart PS5'
5 - Select your desired option from the three choices, in this case 'Restart PS5', which will close all games and apps, and restart your PS5.
Do note that if you decide to restart your PS5, the console will start to power down but it's not immediate.
A message will appear which reads: "Restarting your PS5... Don't unplug the AC power cord when the power indicator on your PS5 is lit or blinking."
Within around 10 seconds, the PS5 will restart and you'll load into the PS5. As you've not used the DualSense to 'turn on' the PS5, you'll then be required to press the PS button on your controller so that you can log in.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -