Got a new PS5?
Want to message your friends so you can brag about it, but not sure where to find your friends list?
Don't worry, we've got you sorted...
How To View Friends List On PS5?
To find out who's online whilst playing your PS5, follow the below steps
1 - Go to your PS5 control centre, which you access from pressing the PlayStation logo on your DualSense controller.
2 - From the PS5 control centre menu, scroll right until you find the 'Game Base' option. It will have a logo that shows a small outline of a person.
3 - Clicking the Game Base option should bring up a list of your recent parties and friends who are currently online. You should also be able to see a list of your friends who are online, but set to 'busy'.
4 - To see a list of ALL your friends regardless of whether they're online or not, select the 'View All Friends' option, which should bring up a list of your friends in a tile format.
PS5 Friend List Features
Whilst looking at your list of friends you should be able to see the following details -
• Profile Picture or Avatar - Profile pictures are only displayed if you're close friends with a player. Otherwise, their avatar is displayed.
• Online Status - From here you can see which friends are online or busy.
• Real name or Online ID - Once again, if you're close friends you'll see a players real name displayed. Otherwise you'll only see their online ID.
• A verified tick symbol will appear if the person has been verified by PlayStation.
• A PlayStation Plus symbol will appear if the player has PS Plus. This means you can play online games with them and enjoy features like share play.
• Current Game and console/device - You'll be able to see what your friends are playing and what console they're using, be it PS4 or PS5.
• If one of your friends is offline, you'll see when they were last online.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -