Your console can be put into three different power states.
This includes 'On', 'Rest Mode' and 'Off'.
If you want to know how to turn off your PS5, or how to restart your PS5, just follows the links.
But for the purpose of this page, we're looking at how to place your console in rest mode.
Be sure to keep reading though, as we've more guides we'll be adding further down the page to help you out with all your PS5 needs.
How To Enter Rest Mode On PS5?
Your PS5 console's low-powered state is called 'rest mode'.
In rest mode, your console can still provide several low-powered functions without being fully 'on'
To enter rest mode using your DualSense controller, follow the steps we've outlined below:
1 - Go to the PS5 control centre menu, which you can access by pressing the PlayStation logo on your new DualSense controller.
2 - In the control centre, scroll all the way to the right-hand side of the menu until you're hovering over the power button.
3 - Click the power button and you'll be presented with three options to power down your console.
4 - This includes 'Enter Rest Mode', 'Turn Off PS5' and 'Restart PS5'
5 - Select your desired option from the three choices, in this case, we want 'Enter Rest Mode'.
6 - Your screen will go blank and the power indicator will flash white and then light up orange. This is to show the console is in 'Rest Mode'.
Whilst in Rest Mode it is important that you do not disconnect the AC power cord when the power indicator on your PS5 is lit or blinking.
Doing so may cause data loss, corruption or damage to your PS5 console. And none of us want that!
When you next turn on your console, you start right where you left off.
If you want more info on how to configure the power saving settings for your console in rest mode, follow the link, further down.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -