Want to know how to manage your friend requests? Not a problem.
It's slightly different on PS5 compared to the previous PS5 console.
Don't worry though, we've got you sorted with this quick help guide, but keep reading for more handy tips and tricks to get the most out of your PS5.
How to accept a friend request on PS5?
When you receive a friend request you'll typically see a notification in the top right corner of your screen.
If you press the PlayStation logo button on your DualSense controller at the same time you can accept or decline the request right away.
However, if you missed this notification and you want to see your pending and received friend requests, all you got to do is follow the steps below.
1 - Go to your PS5 control centre, which you access from pressing the PlayStation logo on your DualSense controller.
2 - From the PS5 control centre menu, scroll right until you find the 'Game Base' option. It will have a logo that shows a small outline of a person. Select 'Game Base'.
3 - Press the options button on your DualSense controller - It's the button next to the triangle button, with 3 horizontal lines showing above it - and select 'Go To Game Base'.
4 - Next select 'Friend Requests'.
5 - Select the player you want to become friends with. The Player's Profile should then appear.
6 - Select 'Add Friend' to send the player a friend request.
7 - To become 'close friends' with a player, select the checkbox for 'Share Your Real Name'.
8 - An invitation to become friends is sent to the player. When your friend request is accepted, that player is added to your friend's list.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -