When playing your PS5 you're essentially given two options to adjust what type of experience you enjoy whilst playing your games.
You can either opt for either performance mode or resolution mode, with your decision being applied to games that support these features. The selected settings will be applied differently depending on the game.
With 'Performance Mode' you can make motion in your game as smooth as butter, with some games offering 4K 60FPS.
Alternatively, you might decide that you would rather have higher graphical quality with 'Resolution Mode', which will most likely enable 4K at 30FPS, but with the added bonus of extra bells and whistles like ray tracing enabled.
So it's a trade-off and a decision that's entirely in your hands.
For those wondering how you select 'Performance Mode', read on we'll explain how.
How To Set PS5 Performance Mode?
1 - Go to the PS5 Home Screen and select the Settings icon (a small cog) in the top right side.
2 - In 'Settings', navigate to the 'Save Data and Game/App Settings' option.
3 - From here select 'Game Presets'
4 - Within 'Game Presets' you'll see all the various options, the second in the list is the ability to choose between 'Performance Mode', 'Resolution Mode' or 'Game Default'.
5 - Select 'Performance Mode' and you're good to go. Now wherever possible the PS5 will prioritise performance over image quality, meaning you can enjoy higher frame rates.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -