One of the many neat features with the PS5 is the ability to Enter Rest Mode.
In rest mode, your console can still provide several low-powered functions without being fully 'on'
For instance, you can still charge your controller, download games and apps, keep your games, apps and system software up to date and connect from other devices with Remote Play.
By default, your console will enter rest mode following a period of time of inactivity. Which makes sense.
But what if you don't want your console entering rest mode willy nilly?
What if you want to control how much time passes before the PS5 console puts itself into a 'rest mode' state.
Follow the steps below and we'll show you what to do.
How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
If you want to tweak how long your PS5 can stay inactive before it automatically enters rest mode, you're in luck.
To tweak these settings, follow the steps below:
1 - Go to the PS5 Home Screen and select the Settings icon (a small cog) in the top right side.
2 - In settings, navigate to the 'System' menu.
3 - In 'System' select the 'Power Saving' menu item.
4 - From here you can 'Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode'.
5 - In this menu, you can now select how long your PS5 can stay inactive before it automatically enters rest mode.
Better still you have two further options from here.
You can adjust this setting based on whether you're using Media or Playing Games.
The media option is for when your PS5 is playing videos (Netflix, Disney+ etc) or music.
The Playing Games option is, naturally, for any period of inactivity playing games or on the home screen.
Rest Mode for Media Playback - This can be set from anything between 1 hour and 5 hours, or if you fancy, you can select 'Don't Put In Rest Mode'
Rest Mode While Playing Games - This can be set from 20 Minutes to 5 hours, or again, if you so decide you can choose to select 'Don't Put In Rest Mode'
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
- How to link your Twitch account?
- How to link your Spotify account?
- How to link your Twitter account?
- How to link your YouTube account?
PS5 Features -