The rumour mill is already on fire with activity as to what we might get in the Genshin Impact 3.0 update, despite 2.8 not even being here yet.
It is likely that 3.0 will be a big update for Genshin, heralding in a new area for Travellers to explore, and the release of Dendro Vision users. There's likely to be a huge new story update, including Archon quests and hangout events. We've collected all the information we can find right here including on the beta test, banners, new characters, and more. Please note that none of this is confirmed: these are rumours, expectations, and estimates.
When Is The Genshin Impact 3.0 Release Date
Genshin Impact's 3.0 update should release six weeks after 2.8, which will fall on August 24, 2022. This is an estimate, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Will There Be A Genshin Impact 3.0 Beta Test?
In terms of a beta test for Genshin Impact’s 3.0 update, there is good news and bad news. Good news? There is a test, which means some lucky people will get to play it, and we’ll probably see some leaks afterward. The bad news? It is incredibly hard to get into.
To access the beta test, you need to be part of the official Discord. However, this is currently full with 1 million members. There is the link to the official form, but you’ll need to have completed some in-game milestones to be eligible. The signups close on June 13. Then it is up to Hoyoverse to select who will be chosen. With so many people applying, chances are unfortunately slim.
Characters And Banners In Genshin Impact 3.0
There are numerous rumours flying around about who will be involved with the 3.0 update. Currently, no banners or characters are officially confirmed, but here are the strongest rumours.
- Su Expy
- New rumours have surfaced involving another new name: this time, Su Expy. According to a Reddit post, Su is a Sumerian scholar that will be a playable character.
- The latest rumours and possible leaks name Tighnari, a Dendro Vision user, who will allegedly be another new 5-Star character.
- Appearing in the Genshin Impact manga, and the Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview, it is thought that Cyno will release in 3.0, possibly 3.1. He will likely have a Hydro Vision, and wield a Polearm.
- Linked to Cyno, Collei is a new face to Genshin. Allegedly, she will be a 4-Star, Dendro, bow user, releasing in 3.0.
- We've already seen Yaoyao in promotional art, but where is she? The Dendro user may release soon. She will likely wield a Polearm, like Xiangling, who shares the same master.
- Long-awaited Scaramouche may release in 3.0, though it is more likely we'll see a 3.1 or even 3.2 release for the 5-star Catalyst user. It is thought that he will be part of the Genshin Impact anniversary banners later in the year, at the end of the Sumeru line.
- This is purely a rumour based on players' hopes that Baizhu will release as a Dendro user, or even the Dendro Archon.
Most leakers and rumour mills have agreed on one thing: Dendro users will finally be coming to Genshin Impact. It is said that there are two 5-star characters coming in 3.0, and a 4-star female child; this could be Collei or YaoYao.
Events In Genshin Impact 3.0
As of yet there are no hints on the events coming in 3.0, other than the release of the Sumeru region. In accordance with the Teyvat Storyline trailer, Sumeru is next up after Inazuma, which was the latest area to be added. Characters in the game have mentioned the area recently, too.