The Hoyoverse machine keeps going, and before Genshin Impact Version 3.0 is even here, there are plenty of hints and rumours pertaining to Genshin Impact 3.1.
Due to a delay with Update 2.8, Hoyoverse has been working extra hard and will be shortening some upcoming updates to accommodate the delay and get back on track. The update will introduce us to the desert region of Sumeru, and a wide cast of new characters, places to go, and items to collect. This is sure to be another huge update to the game.
It's nearly time for Version 3.1, where Nilou and Cyno will be our new 5-Stars. Check out the latest codes for free Primogems, too.
When is the Genshin Impact 3.1 release date?
The Version 3.1 Livestream confirmed that the latest update will release on September 28, 2022. A new banner and a rerun will begin on this day, as will the new weapon banner, and some events.
What new characters are in Genshin Impact 3.1?
Genshin Impact 3.1 will usher in two new 5-Star characters starring on their own banners, these being Cyno and Nilou. They will get their own story and hangout quests, too. They will be joined by reruns of Albedo and Venti, and new 4-Star Candace.
- Check out: Modern Warfare 2 attachments
In terms of appearances, we'll see even more characters. Dehya and Alhaitham are back, as is Nahida the Dendro Archon.
There is a huge new Mondstadt event coming, which will bring back a whole host of Mondstadt characters like Razor and Bennett, and introduce us to Mika, an upcoming character that will likely become playable in the new year. Mika is a Surveyor of the Reconnaissance Company, who is working with the Knights of Favonius on dangerous expeditions. We may even see Eula pop back up here in a quest or two, as Mika used to work with her.
There's also long-awaited Scaramouche - The Wanderer - and Fatui Harbinger Dottore making appearances here, though they will likely just be in the story.
Genshin Impact 3.1 banner schedule
We now have confirmation of the Version 3.1 banners. They are:
- First half
- Cyno - 5-Star release
- Venti - 5-Star rerun
- Candace - 4-Star release alongside Cyno and Venti's rerun
- Second half
- Nilou - 5-Star release
- Albedo - 5-Star rerun
There is potential for Dehya to release here too, possibly alongside Nilou. There are currently no other rumours about 4-Star releases just yet.
Are there new weapons coming in Version 3.1?
As there will be new characters coming, we'll also get some new weapons to furnish them with.
Leaks have stated that there will be three new 4-Star weapons, including a Catalyst, a Claymore, and a Sword. On top of this, there are two 5-Star weapons: a Polearm and a Sword. These will likely be made for Cyno and Nilou.
There is an event named Weinlesefest, set in Mondstadt, where players can receive a free Missive Windspear polearm, which comes with a hefty base ATK and increased ATK and Elemental Mastery after any Elemental Reaction.
What events will be in 3.1?
We'll need to wait until the actual stream for events being revealed, though here are the strongest leaks:
- Hyakunin Ikki
- A rerun of the event is coming back, which is a fighting tournament in Inazuma.
- New bosses
- Aeonblight Drake and Algorithm of Semi-Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network, that drop Cryo and Hydro, and Pyro and Anemo ascension gems respectively, along with new drops needed for Nilou and Candace's builds.
- Of Ballads and Brews (Weinlesfest)
- Players must be AR21, and have finished the Archon quest 'Song of the Dragon and Freedom', and story quest 'The Meaning of Lupical', as Razor is involved here. The event features different elements, including helping hunters deal with a boar invasion, researchers looking for Snowboars, and an Anemo elemental trial. This is where the Missive Windspear will be given to players who complete the quest.
- Wind Chaser
- Players must be AR20. This event unlocks new areas of the Galezone each day, where timed puzzle-based trials appear.
- Star-Seeker's Sojourn
- Players must be AR30, and have finished Archon quest 'Requiem of the Echoing Depths', and 'Through Mists and Smoke and Forests Dark'. Travellers will receive an item to locate Future Stars. These can be redeemed for rewards.
- Searing Dreams in the Sea of Sand
- The new desert area unlocks in the Sumeru region.
There will also be a new log-in event loaded with Primogems and a new pet that can follow your character in the overworld, to celebrate the two year anniversary of Genshin Impact.