Are you ready to channel your inner Viking?
Well, now you can in Valheim!
This early access game is well worth a play.
Here's everything we know about it.
Over 1 Million Sales In Early Access - 10th February
You can find an in-depth article of ours surrounding this topic here.
For now, here are some of the key points!
- Valheim has so far acquired over 11,000 ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ user reviews on Steam
- Hit 160,000 peak concurrent users, surpassing Grand Theft Auto V, Apex Legends and Rocket League, according to the platform.
- Seen over 127,000 peak viewers on Twitch on the evening of February 8th.
What is Valheim?
Are you a fan of colonisation games, maybe you played Medieval Dynasty recently?
If so Valheim should be on your wishlist or in your basket!
This early access title has already climbed to the top charts on Steam.
Initially, you'll be guided by a crow, a nice twist on typical tutorials.
Just like many survival games, you'll have to start collecting materials like wood stone and more to create shelter.
There are plenty of interesting details such as feeling cold late at night, taking on legendary monsters and more.
You can even take on these battles with up to 10 players!
Travel with boats, build castles and prove yourself to the Allfather!
You can take a look at the title's trailer below to get more of a feel for the game.
Check out the Valheim launch trailer below!
The quote below includes the official description for Valheim on Steam!
"A battle-slain warrior, the Valkyries have ferried your soul to Valheim, the tenth Norse world.
Besieged by creatures of chaos and ancient enemies of the gods, you are the newest custodian of the primordial purgatory, tasked with slaying Odin’s ancient rivals and bringing order to Valheim.
Your trials begin at the disarmingly peaceful centre of Valheim, but the gods reward the brave and glory awaits.
Venture forth through imposing forests and snow-capped mountains, explore and harvest more valuable materials to craft deadlier weapons, sturdier armor, viking strongholds and outposts.
Build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands … but be wary of sailing too far..."
The upcoming bullet points can also be found on the Valheim Steam page.
- Huge procedurally-generated world - explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) - - Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players
- Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships - from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system - raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more
- Intuitive item crafting - forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal
Valheim is the next Viking title to take Steam by storm, there are plenty of plans for the future with the 2021 roadmap. You can even set up a dedicated server and play with your friends in coop! If bosses interest you, there's already four in the game Eikthyr, the Elder, Bonemass and Modor, you'll require plenty of items along the way like the Swamp Key.