There are plenty of biomes and interesting features for each in Valheim.
One of the most obscure being the Swamp biome.
This area will become a place of regular adventures for you in the future.
If you've come across a Crypt and are wondering how to get in, keep reading below!
How to Get Swamp Key
The swamp biome can be a dangerous place full of plenty of enemies.
Though it also contains plenty of materials and items that will help you advance in Valheim.
Crypts are an important aspect of the game when it comes to defeating Bonemass.
Click here for a guide on how to defeat him.
Before you can enter the Crypts you'll need to be able to unlock them and you'll need a Swamp Key to do just that.
In order to obtain the key players will need to defeat the Elder.
You can find a full guide on how to do so including what moves to watch out for and how to prepare here.
For now, we'll summarise.
- Head to the Black Forest biome.
- Slay Graydwarves Brutes and Graydwarves Shamans until you collect 3 Ancient Seeds.
- Find the Black Forest altar, locations will vary.
- Place the 3 Ancient Seeds in the Black Forest altar.
- The Elder will be summoned, defeat him.
- The Swamp Key will drop as a reward which leads onto the next boss, Bonemeal, accessible through the Swamp Crypts.
Once you have the Swamp Key you can unlock all of the Crypts in the Swamp.
They're vital in the next stage of the game and are great for farming XP.
Even if you don't plan to battle Bonemass any time soon, it's worth checking out.
Valheim is the next Viking title to take Steam by storm, there are plenty of plans for the future with the 2021 roadmap. You can even set up a dedicated server and play with your friends in coop! If bosses interest you, there's already four in the game Eikthyr, the Elder, Bonemass and Modor, you'll require plenty of items along the way like the Swamp Key.