Ghosts don't care if it's the weekend it seems, since Phasmophobia has just dropped another update to the hugely popular Steam Early Access horror game.
Kinetic Games latest patch (released Saturday March 27th) hasn't made any big new additions, but instead provides a bevy of updates and fixes to the game.
You can see the full list of changes applied to the game further down, but the big headlines come in the form of new objectives and photo reward changes. The ghost also has a chance to blow out candles if they are close and the room lights are off. So that's absolutely terrifying.
If you need some extra help playing the game, check out our extensive collection of guides to help you with your ghost hunting exploits.
Phasmophobia Guides - All Ghost Types And Evidence Explained | How To Use The Spirit Box And What Questions To Ask Ghosts? | How To Place The Camera And Record Ghosts | Ouija Board Questions And How To Use? | How to Phasmophobia Change Difficulty? | How To Use The Crucifix In Phasmophobia | Crucifix Not Working? Here's How To Fix It | How to use Smudge Sticks? | Phasmophobia Content Roadmap | Is Phasmophobia Coming To PS4? | Phasmophobia Tease Three New Maps
Phasmophobia Steam Update on March 27
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would not leave any EMF if the host was dead.
- Fixed a bug where the heartbeat sound could play when you were outside.
- Fixed a bug where if you were holding a lit candle your sanity would drain in some locations.
- Fixed a bug where the photo evidence wouldn’t always be for the evidence that is closest in the photo.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost orbs were sometimes moving inside the rooms floor and were not visible.
- Fixed an issue where the CCTV monitor was changing cameras whenever a camera got turned on or off.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t play offline if you failed to connect to the authentication servers.
- Fixed a bug where VR players had a white glare around their vision.
- Fixed an issue where the default VR hand rotation when you weren’t grabbing something was rotated the wrong way.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost would still interact with objects far away if the object was grabbed near it.
- Fixed a bug where you could hold down the radio and talk during a hunt. Your voice will now be instantly cut off.
- Fixed a bug where the room temperatures would lower before you unlocked the main door on Amateur and Intermediate.
- Fixed a bug where VR dead bodies didn’t spawn.
- Fixed an exploit where multiple people could use the same sanity pill at the same time.
- The Crucifix will now have a visual change with each use instead of disappearing with it’s final use.
- The photo reward values now use a quality level which is based on the distance you took the photo rather than the reward being random. This quality level will show in the Journal.
- Each player will now have a unique colour on the mini map and sanity monitor.
- The VR rendering path has been changed from deferred to forward rendering. This will give better VR performance as well as fixing several graphical issues.
- Changed the look of the sanity monitor to help players who are colour blind see the sanity values.
- The ghost will now have a chance to blow out candles if they are close and the room lights are off.
- Added a new objective: Get a Ghost to blow out a Candle.
- Added a new Intermediate and Professional objective: Have a member of your team escape the Ghost during a hunt.
- Added a new Professional objective: Repel the Ghost with a smudge stick while it’s chasing someone.
- Added a new Multiplayer objective: Get an average sanity below 25%.
- Added support for bHaptics tact suits and face covers.
- With the VR change to forward rendering MSAA can now be used with VR and will default to 4xMSAA if enabled in the graphics settings.
- Added a post game screen showing some stats about your investigation.