Need to learn how to build a gate in Sons of the Forest? In the new horror survival game, you need to defend yourself from various enemies. One of the best ways to do it is to build some kind of fortress. And what's the front of a good fortress? A gate of some description.
The gate is one of the most important elements of your fortress. It's not only bound to be your way into your stronghold, but the thing keeping mutants and cannibals out, too. If you're not sure how to make one for yourself, just follow along with this how-to, and you should get to grips with it pretty quickly - just in time for nightfall, hopefully.
Also, we have many other Sons of the Forest guides. For example, you can read our article on how to get the sword or how to get the cross in the game as well. For another specific piece, read up on how to use the GPS locator if you're constantly getting lost.
How to make a gate in Sons of the Forest
If you want to try to build your own fortress in Sons of the Forest, then you definitely should start with walls. At some point, you'll have to decide where to place your gate. This is where things get a little complicated if you haven't messed around with construction too much up until this point.
You see, Sons of the Forest allows you to craft a gate by making a certain structure. You need to create a small wall using your logs. Follow the next steps:
- Place one log horizontally.
- Place two logs vertically at both ends of the first log.
- Place another log horizontally on top of the previous two. So, you will have something that will likely remind you of a door frame.
- Place five logs horizontally in this doorway.
- Use your axe to carve the middle sections of each of these five logs. You should get something that looks like a smaller doorway.
- Bring to more logs to the doorway and use the action button to cut the two logs in halves, which should then make a door.
As you can see, making a gate or a door is quite a complicated process. However, it shouldn’t be so difficult if you figure out what exactly you need to do.
Hopefully, this guide will help you in your adventures. And if you are looking for more Sons of the Forest content, then be sure to check out our guide on how to use ziplines, how to assign hotkeys, as well as how to get bones in the game.