Genshin Impact Ayaka is the newest five-star character joining the game and the spotlight character in Genshin 2.0’s first banner. She’s heir to the Kamisato family and, as her introduction trailer tells us, was trained in the ways of etiquette and sword fighting.
Ayaka and her story quests are the Traveler’s focus upon arriving in Inazuma, but in battle, the princess of the Heron Court excels as a fast-moving DPS character. So, without further delay, here is our Genshin Impact Ayaka build guide.
How Do I Get Genshin Impact Ayaka?
Genshin Impact Ayaka is only available in The Heron’s Court banner that runs through August 9, 2021.
Mihoyo confirmed she will not be available in the normal Wanderlust Invocation banner once the special banner ends.
What Are Ayaka's Skills and Talents?
Ayaka uses a regular sword, and her skill deals heavy cryo damage. She also gets an alternate sprint skill that lets her walk on water, making Ayaka highly valuable for traveling in Inazuma.
Normal Attack - Kamisato Art: Kabuki
- Performs up to five rapid sword strikes
- Consumes stamina as Ayaka sheathes her blade and unleashes a flurry of sword energy
- Plunges from midair to deal AoE damage to all enemies in Ayaka’s path
Elemental Skill - Kamisato Art: Hyouka
- Ayaka creates a swirling cryo vortex that launches enemies
Kamisato Art: Senho (Ayaka Alternate Sprint)
- Ayaka cloaks herself in fog and can walk on water
- The fog dispels when Ayaka stops sprinting and inflicts enemies with cryo. Her normal attacks deal cryo damage as well
Elemental Burst - Kamisato Art: Soumetsu
- Summons 'Frostflake Seki no To' that deals continual cryo damage for five seconds, then explodes and deals AoE cryo damage
Fruits of Shinsa
- 10% chance to receive double the product when Ayaka crafts weapon materials
Amatsumi Kumitsumi Sanctification
- After using Hyouka, Ayaka’s normal and charged attack damage increases by 30% for six seconds
Kanten Senmyou Blessing
- After Senho’s fog applies cryo to enemies, Ayaka receives ten stamina and, for 10 seconds, an 18% increase in cryo damage
What Are Ayaka's Constellations?
- When normal or charged attacks deal cryo damage, there’s a 50% chance of reducing Hyouka’s cooldown by 0.3 seconds
Blizzard Blade Seki no To
- Ayaka's elemental burst creates two additional 'Frostflake Seki no To' that each deal 20% of the original’s damage
- Increases Soumetsu’s level by three
Ebb and Flow
- Enemies damaged by Soumetsu’s 'Frostflake Seki no To' have defense reduced by 30% for six seconds
Blossom Cloud Irutsuki
- Increases Hyouka's level by three
Dance of Suigetsu
- Every ten seconds, Ayaka gains a buff that increases charged attack damage by 298%. This resets 0.5 seconds after a charged attack connects
What Are the Best Weapons for Ayaka?
- Secondary Stat: Crit boost
- Refinement Skill: Mistsplitter's Edge - 12% Elemental damage bonus for all elements
- Obtains Mistsplitter's Emblem when normal attacks deal elemental damage, elemental burst is used, and energy is less than 100%
- Each Emblem increases elemental damage by a further 8%/16%/28%
Prototype Rancour (Craftable)
- Secondary stat: physical damage boost
- Refinement skill: Smashed Stone - On hit, normal and charged attacks increase attack and defense by 4% for six seconds. Stacks four times
Amenouma Kageuchi (Craftable)
- Secondary stat: attack boost
- Refinement skill: Iwakura Succession - Gain one Succession Seed after casting an elemental skill. Seeds last 30 seconds, and you can hold a maximum of three. Using an elemental burst consumes seeds and recovers six energy per seed.
What Are the Best Artifacts for Ayaka?
- Two-piece bonus: cryo damage +15%
- Four-piece bonus: crit rate +20% when attacking enemies afflicted with cryo. Increases a further 20% if the enemy is frozen.
- Two-piece bonus: attack +18%
- Four-piece bonus: normal attack +35% for sword, polearm, and claymore wielders
- Two-piece bonus: physical damage 25%
- Four-piece bonus: attack +9% after using an elemental skill. Stacks twice and, at second stack, boosts the two-piece bonus by 100%
Sample Genshin Impact Ayaka Build
- Elemental and physical DPS + Mistsplitter Reforged and Pale Flame
This build increases Ayaka's physical attack and boosts her elemental damage output, maximizing both of her strongest points for a powerful assault on mobs and bosses alike.
If you want more of where that came from, we've also got guides on the Genshin Impact Electroculus locations and Genshin Impact Sakura Bloom locations. Plus, here's how to defeat the Perpetual Mechanical Array boss and use the new Genshin Impact cross-save feature on PS4 and PS5.