MetaMask is a versatile crypto wallet that has been facilitating smooth crypto transfers across multiple domains, including through connecting to PancakeSwap.
The wallet is equipped with a simple and easily accessible user interface to carry out crypto transfers with minimal complexity and confusion. This has led MetaMask to become a leading wallet, resulting in its use to purchase NFTs from OpenSea, and hold crypto transferred from Coinbase, for example.
As investors seek to transfer assets out of cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance, they are instead looking to connect with decentralised crypto exchanges (DEX), with PancakeSwap being one of them. Here's how users can connect MetaMask to one such DEX called Pancakeswap.
How to Connect MetaMask to PancakeSwap
To connect MetaMask to PancakeSwap, users need to connect MetaMask to the BNB Smart Chain. To do this, and then connect to PancakeSwap, follow these steps.
- Install MetaMask and create wallet credentials.
- Click the burger icon on the left side corner.
- Go to Settings -> Network -> Add Networks.
- Enter the details written below:
- Network Name: BNB Smart Chain
- RPC Url: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org
- Chain ID: 56
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: http://bscscan.com
- Confirm the entry and go back to the menu and click on the browser option.
- Type PancakeSwap in the search field and connect.
- MetaMask will then ask you to connect to PancakeSwap. Connect using your BNB Smart Chain wallet.
What is PancakeSwap?
PancakeSwap is an online DEX or a decentralized exchange built on Binance smart chain or BNB, which allows investors to swap BEP-20 tokens. The platform also boasts lower transaction fees as compared to other exchanges and has a user base of nearly 2.8 million users.
- Read More: How To Disconnect MetaMask From OpenSea
Founded in September 2020, PancakeSwap is one of the most popular DEX platforms, accredited with the title of being one of the largest decentralized applications (dApps) in the emerging DeFi sector.