As one of the most popular and established cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinbase acts as an accessible way into cryptocurrency for many users. But how can these users then transfer their cryptocurrency to a MetaMask wallet?
MetaMask is an efficient crypto wallet that allows users to store cryptocurrencies in a secure ecosystem. It is one of the simplest hot wallets that can be set up easily and is best for users who trade crypto daily, while also giving them the freedom to hold their own keys, which exchanges do not.
For such users, it can be quite overwhelming to transfer cryptocurrency and store it in a secure wallet. So, here's a guide on how to transfer cryptocurrency from Coinbase to Metamask.
How To Transfer Cryptocurrency From Coinbase To MetaMask?
To transfer from Coinbase to MetaMask, you should follow these steps.
- Log in to your Coinbase account.
- Log into your MetaMask account and click on three dots that read "buy and send".
- Each cryptocurrency has its address, so make sure to send yours to the correct address. Eg: Make sure you’re sending Bitcoin to a Bitcoin address, and Ethereum to an Ethereum address.
- Copy the MetaMask wallet address on the clipboard.
- Paste the address into the wallet address field on Coinbase (confirm the wallet address before sending).
- Enter the amount of crypto that you wish to send. It is advised to test the feature out first by sending a small amount.
- Once done, click on the Complete button to finish the transaction.
- Your transaction may take a bit of time to process (depending upon the amount of congestion that Coinbase or MetaMask may encounter during peak hours.)