Popular cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase is one of the leading crypto exchanges, but how do you go about sending coins to your crypto wallet from Coinbase?
In the battle of crypto exchanges versus crypto wallets, wallets are often preferred as they give you total control of your cryptocurrency keys. However, this does come with its risks.
Let's take a look at some simple procedures on how to withdraw cryptocurrency from Coinbase and transfer it to a wallet.
Cryptocurrency Withdrawals Via Coinbase
To withdraw funds from your Coinbase accounts or to send them later from Coinbase to Metamask, or from Coinbase to Binance, users are required to log in to their respective user accounts and click on the Withdraw button next to the cryptocurrency section listed in the balance category.
The same process can be repeated while tranferring crypto from Coinbase to Coinbase Wallet
As soon as a user clicks on the button, a window will pop up. This will ask users about how much funds they would like to transfer and where would they want their funds to go (wallet/bank account).
To make its services more comprehensive, Coinbase has also facilitated a new Coinbase listings page for users to track the latest crypto additions in its database. The repository helps users track what new coins are listed on the exchange and are available for future trade.
Users must pay 1% of the total transaction to Coinbase as a network fee charged by the exchange.
- Read More: Coinbase Transaction Fees: How Much Does It Cost To Transfer Cryptocurrency On Coinbase And Coinbase Pro?
Sending Cryptocurrency To A Wallet Address From Coinbase
To make crypto transfers easy and simple for the users, Coinbase has formulated a comprehensive guide that explains the simple ways through which a user can send cryptocurrency to their independent crypto wallets.
Users who wish to use the Coinbase website to transfer funds to their wallet may refer to the following method.
- From the main navigation bar, choose the portfolio option. Press the Send button on the cryptocurrency wallet that you'd like to send from.
- Select the wallet address external to Coinbase to send funds to. Users also have an option to send crypto via an email address within the same category.
- Enter the required amount of cryptocurrency you want to send in the Amount section, then press Continue.
- Confirm the details and click on send to confirm the transfer.
Mobile Users (Android/iOS)
Tap on the menu icon and select the wallet you wish to send from, listed under the navigation bar.
- Tap on the paper aeroplane icon or the + icon displayed on the upper right side of the screen.
- Enter the amount you wish to send (you can always switch currencies here by toggling up and down).
- Click send.
- Review the details and press send to complete the transfer.
Coinbase Withdrawal Fees
Per the official website, Coinbase levies 1% network fees to convert and withdraw your crypto to cash in addition to standard network fees.
Similarly, if you wish to send your crypto to another wallet, Coinbase will levy a standard network fee on all transactions.
Now that Coinbase pro is merging with Coinbase advanced trade,,the platform is yet to declare whether there will be any changes in its fee structure. However, for now, 1% is the standard flat fee charged by Coinbase on all its transactions.
[Image: Jeremy Bezanger/Unsplash]