MetaMask has been heralded as one of the most compact crypto wallets at present that can help facilitate Ethereum-based transactions with ease. But the question is, how do you MetaMask NFTs?
NFTs have had explosive growth last year acquiring nearly $41 billion in terms of trading volume. Recently NFT marketplace OpenSea reported a staggering revenue report documenting NFT sales worth $5 billion in January 2022, cementing the fact that the NFT market is here to stay.
With an increase in NFT trading, comes an increase in users searching for wallets to help purchase and store NFTs, which is where MetaMask comes in.
Does MetaMask Support NFTs?
Being an Ethereum-based wallet, MetaMask does offer support to NFTs.
However, this support varies by function, and can widely be split into two functions - purchasing NFTs, and storing NFTs.
Here's how users can easily purchase and view NFTs in their MetaMask wallets.
How To Purchase NFTs via MetaMask
Users can follow the steps mentioned below to purchase NFTs using the MetaMask wallet. While OpenSea is not the only NFT marketplace out there, it is the most popular and most active, which is why we've included it below. Here's what to do:
- Buy Ethereum first via a top crypto exchange such as Coinbase or Binance.
- Create or Log In to your MetaMask wallet.
- Send the purchased Ethereum from your exchange to your MetaMask wallet
- Connect your wallet to the OpenSea NFT marketplace to access NFTs you want to purchase.
- Buy the NFT you want from OpenSea by placing the bid or offer.
- Make the payment and confirm.
- Wait for the transaction to reflect in MetaMask.
Read More: Free NFT: How To Get Free NFTs
Can MetaMask Hold NFTs?
Yes, it can, a user can view the stored NFTs by accessing the "collectibles" category.
However, some of the NFTs may not show up correctly on the mobile app so it is advisable to MetaMask's browser extension to view stored NFTs.
Users can also view the NFTs in MetaMask by clicking on the NFT tab.
How to Fix MetaMask NFT Not Showing?
Here's how to view your NFTs in MetaMask.
- Find the NFT address by clicking on Contact Address on Etherscan
- Tap on the NFTs tab and in MetaMask and paste the copied NFT address in it
- Find the NFT ID and paste that in MetaMask as well.
- Once you're through pasting the credentials, you will now be able to view NFTs in MetaMask.
How To See Purchased NFTs In MetaMask Wallet
Currently, only the MetaMask Mobile application allows users to see their owned NFTs. This functionality is not yet available through the browser extension, but MetaMask says this will be available soon.
For MetaMask Mobile users, your owned NFTs should automatically show up. However, if this doesn't happen, follow these steps.
- Find your NFTs Contract Address (it should be under the Details section on OpenSea).
- In the MetaMask Mobile app, tap on NFTs and click on Add NFT.
- Paste the contact address here.
- Find the ID of your NFT and paste it under the box marked ID in your MetaMask wallet. Your NFTs would appear here once you do this. Refresh it a couple of times in case it takes a bit longer for the NFTs to be displayed.