MetaMask is among the most popular cryptocurrency wallets out there, and while primarily based on Ethereum, does support other networks such as Polygon.
The Ethereum-based crypto wallet can be accessed by both a browser extension or mobile application and can connect to the Binance Smart Chain network and Polygon for use in the likes of OpenSea.
So, let's take a look at how users can add Polygon to MetaMask.
How To Add Polygon Network to MetaMask
As per the Stakingbits, Polygon is a protocol and framework for building and connecting Ethereum compatible blockchain networks. The protocol is a simple platform designed for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development.
Formerly known as MATIC, it included cost-effective gas fees, which are cheaper than $0.001, and faster network transactions.
Users looking forward to adding the Polygon network to MetaMask will be required to:
- Install MetaMask extension from the Store or the website.
- Create a MetaMask wallet ID credential or import your existing wallet.
- Set up the MetaMask wallet and connect it to Polygon (MATIC) network.
To connect your MetaMask to Polygon, you will need to enter the Polygon Network mainnet settings, as mentioned below:
- Network Name: Polygon
- New RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- ChainID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com
One done, select save and you will be fully connected to Polygon.