Looking for the best Modern Warfare 2 guns to use in multiplayer this October? With the Vanguard cycle winding down, attention is turning to the launch of Modern Warfare 2, much to the excitement of players.
As some players begin to wonder whether the game will feature crossplay, others are patiently waiting to see their weapon of choice within the arsenal. Arguably the most important part of a Call of Duty multiplayer is the selection of weaponry available - and the MW2 guns will be no different.
What are the best Modern Warfare 2 2022 guns?
|S-Tier||FSS Hurricane, Kastov-74u, Lachmann Sub, Lachmann 762|
With the beta now underway, we will get a chance to use some of the Modern Warfare 2 arsenal for the very first time. Considering several weapons have appeared in previous Call of Duty titles, we can take some guesses as to which ones will dominate the early meta.
Modern Warfare 2 2022 gun tier list
|Tier||AR||SMG||Sniper||Battle Rifle||Marksman Rifle||Shotgun||Pistol||Launcher|
|S||Lachmann 556, Kastov 74u||Lachmann Sub, FSS Hurricane||Signal 50||Lachmann 762||Lockwood MK2||Expedite 13||X12||PILA|
At the moment, our definitive Modern Warfare 2 gun tier list is looking pretty empty as we've yet to get our hands on the game. With the opening beta weekend well underway, we will update the list as we get to grips with the small selection of weaponry.
Modern Warfare 2 2022 guns
Following the opening weekend of the Modern Warfare 2 beta, we've had our first look at the extensive arsenal of weaponry that's available to use in multiplayer.
Additionally, recent leaks have also uncovered other weapons likely featuring in the final build of the game launching soon.
The likes of the AX-50 sniper, M4 assault rifle, and the Bruen MK9 LMG are all returning after they were found within the files of Warzone Mobile with the "iw_9" string attached. Here's a full list of leaked Modern Warfare 2 guns:
- M16 - Burst-fire assault rifle.
- Kastov 74u - Compact assault rifle with high fire rate.
- Lachmann 556 - Assault rifle with low recoil and moderate damage.
- TAQ-56 - Assault rifle with high damage output.
- Expedite 12 - Semi-auto shotgun, excellent at close-range.
- FTAC Recon - Semi-auto battle rifle with low recoil and high damage.
- Lachmann 762 - Battle rifle with one-shot kill potential.
- FSS Hurricane - Versatile SMG with high mobility.
- Fennec 45 - Compact SMG with high rate of fire.
- X13 Auto - Fully automatic pistol ideal for close-quarters combat.
- Signal 50 - Semi-auto sniper. High long-range damage but slow ADS speed.
- Lockwood MK2 - Bolt-action marksman rifle with high mobility.
- Sakin MG38 - Fully automatic LMG. High damage but high recoil.
- Rapp H - LMG with a moderate rate of fire and manageable recoil.
- 556 Icarus - Fully-automatic LMG. Easy to control.
- LM-S - Marksman rifle with one-shot kill potential.
- M4 - Assault rifle with high fire rate and moderate recoil
- Bryson 800 - TBC
- STG A3 - TBC
- Lockwood 725 - TBC
- X12 - Semi-automatic pistol with high damage output.
- Revive Pistol - TBC
- Lachmann Sub - SMG with fast rate of fire, high damage, and high mobility.
- AX-50 - TBC
- RAAL MG - TBC
- .50 GS - TBC
- PSDW 50 - TBC
- Sakin 9 - TBC
- RPG-7 - Rocket-propelled grenade launcher. High damage output.
- PILA - Free firing and lock-on launcher.
- JOKR - Lock-on launcher.
- Strela-P - Free firing and lock-on launcher.
- LMP - TBC
- Bruen Mk9 - TBC
- AK-47 - TBC
- MP7 - TBC
In addition to this list, there are other guns that featured within the Operation Dark Water gameplay trailer. Eagle-eyed players managed to spot the P90, SCAR, EBR-14, and the AK-47, so there's a high chance of them featuring in the game's final build.
Modern Warfare 2 gunsmith
Although details are slim, Infinity Ward has overhauled the Gunsmith system. Players can only select five attachments on the gun of their choice alongside an in-depth tuning system that allows players to refine various attachments and how they function during matches.
In addition, you can test out your tweaks in the firing range, which makes its first appearance since the launch of Call of Duty: World War II.
That's all we know about the Modern Warfare 2 guns so far. Once we find more information, we will update the article with all the latest intel. For more, check out our guide showing the Modern Warfare 2 perks appearing in multiplayer.