Since the initial leak revealing the Modern Warfare 2 perks, further intel remains slim.
As fans wait for Infinity Ward to share more on what Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer has to offer, numerous insiders claim a multiplayer reveal will take place in September.
Perks are a hugely important part of the Call of Duty multiplayer experience. Since appearing in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Perks provide players with a range of benefits ranging from a faster reload speed to increased explosive resistance. Depending on your style of play, there are millions of different Perk combinations to utilise.
As attention turns to the launch of Modern Warfare 2, players are patiently waiting for more information on what Infinity Ward's next multiplayer experience has to offer. Thanks to leaks, we already know some of the guns arriving in the game and now we have intel on the Modern Warfare 2 Perks that will also feature in multiplayer.
Before we share the Modern Warfare 2 Perks list, be sure to check out our guides on the rumoured DMZ mode alongside all there is to know about the Modern Warfare 2 beta and Modern Warfare 2 release date.
What are the Modern Warfare 2 perks?
Prominent Call of Duty dataminer "Reality" has uncovered an extensive list of Perks that will feature in multiplayer. As Modern Warfare 2 is a sequel to 2019's Modern Warfare, there are plenty of familiar names returning in October.
In addition to the names of each Perk, the dataminer included the description of each, giving fans an insight into how certain Perks will influence their gameplay over the course of a match.
Here's the full list of Modern Warfare 2 Perks so far. If new ones appear, we will update the list.
- Focus - Increased hold breath time. Reduced sway and flinch when ADS.
- Battle Hardened - Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects. Immune to Snapshot Grenades.
- Restock - Recharge equipment over 25 seconds. Spawn with an extra Lethal. Explosive damage delays enemy healing.
- Ghost - Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Amped - Reload, use equipment, and swap weapons faster.
- EOD - Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire.
- Shrapnel - Spawn with an extra piece of Lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Double Time - Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Extra Tactical - Spawn with an extra Tactical.
- High Alert - Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Cold Blooded - Undetectable by AI targeting systems and thermal optics. Does not trigger High Alert warning.
- Tune Up - Reduce the charge time of Field Upgrades by 40%.
- Quick Fix - Killing players immediately starts health regeneration. Capturing and holding objectives increases your health regeneration rate.
- Kill Chain - Killstreak kills count towards your next killstreaks. Only applied to killstreaks earned this life. Not effective when Specialist is active.
- Hardline - Killstreaks cost one less kill.
- Scavenger - Resupply ammo from dead players.
- Overkill - Carry two primary weapons.
- Spotter - See enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by aiming down sights. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
That's all of the Modern Warfare 2 Perks we know of. If more appear ahead of release, we will make sure the list is up-to-date with the latest information.