Modern Warfare 2 field upgrades are a specific range of equipment that regenerates over certain lengths of time. Ranging from supply boxes to the hugely popular Dead Silence, there are upgrades to suit all styles of play.
Thankfully, we already know some of the Modern Warfare 2 field upgrades appearing in multiplayer through a number of notable leaks. Find all there is to know about the pieces of equipment in this handy guide.
Modern Warfare 2 field upgrades
Following the Call of Duty Next event, Infinity Ward has unveiled a wealth of information regarding various elements of multiplayer. In addition to perks and weapons, the developer has showcased an extensive range of field upgrades for players to use over the course of a match.
- Read More: Modern Warfare 2 guns 2022
Here's the full list:
- Tactical Camera - Remote-controlled camera that marks enemies.
- Inflatable Decoy - Proximity-activated decoy mine.
- DDOS - DDOS attack that disables nearby electronics.
- Deployable Cover - Portable, rapidly deployable ballistic cover.
- Trophy System - Device that destroys up to three incoming pieces of equipment and projectiles.
- Dead Silence - Temporarily makes footsteps silent.
- Munitions Box - Deployable box of ammunition and equipment.
- Loadout Drop - Limited use loadout crate.
- Portable Radar - Temporary radar that pings nearby enemies.
- Tactical Insertion - Marks the location of your next spawn point.
- Battle Rage - Stimulant that gives operators an adrenaline rush.
- Recon Drone - Remote-controlled drone that marks enemies.
- Smoke Airdrop - Deploys a wall of smoke grenades at a targeted location.
- Suppression Mine - Trip mine that emits a sound wave.
- Anti-Armor Rounds - Weapon ammo that deals bonus damage against armoured targets.
Is Dead Silence in Modern Warfare 2?
Amid rumours of Dead Silence appearing in Modern Warfare 2 as a perk, Infinity Ward has opted to use it as a field upgrade just like in 2019's Modern Warfare.
Although it's a field upgrade rather than a perk, it's highly likely Dead Silence will be one of the very best Modern Warfare 2 field upgrades to use.
That's everything there is to know about the Modern Warfare 2 field upgrades. As the seasons of post-launch content progress, we will update the guide with any new field upgrades that make their way into the game.
For more, check out our guide showcasing the Modern Warfare 2 perks.