Much like every expansion, Shadowlands comes with its own list of world bosses that rotate on a weekly schedule. Here are their locations and what unique loot they can drop.
There are four world bosses and each is located on each island on the Shadowlands.
Here is the rotation of World bosses in the Shadowlands:
- December 21st - Nurgash Muchformed (Revendreth)
- December 28th - Valinor, The Light of Eons (Bastion)
- January 4th - Mortanis (Maldraxxus)
- January 11th - Oranomonos the Everbranching (Ardenweald)
After a full rotation, the list will reset given no changes to the world boss system.
Players can defeat a world boss once per week and will receive the world quest reward (250 anima) and a chance at loot from the respective boss.
One of the popular reasons players take on a world boss is that they may hold Legendary powers for a class. These powers drop 100% of the time once the player has unlocked the ability to craft legendaries.
WoW Shadowlands World Bosses: Rotation Schedule, Locations And Loot
Here is a list of Legendary powers that are rewarded from world bosses:
- Memory of a frenzied Monstrosity - Unholy Death Knight
- Memory of an Erratic Fel Core - Havoc Demon Hunter
- Memory of Azj'Aqir's MAdness - Destruction Warlock
Valinor, the Light of Eons
- Memory of the Final Verdict - Retribution Paladin
- Memory of Archbishop Benedictus - Holy Priest
- Memory of the Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence - Elemental Shaman
- Memory of Keefer - Windwalker Monk
- Memory of a Gulie Charm - Outlaw Rogue
- Memory of Fujieda - Fury Warrior
Oranomonos the Everbranching
- Memory of the Verdant Infusion - Restoration Druid
- Memory of Surging Shots - Marksmanship Hunter
- Memory of a Fevered Incantation - Fire Mage
Additionally, each boss has a chance to drop 207 item level loot and 200 item level conduits.
Patch 9.1: Chains of Domination
Morgeth, Tormentor of the Damned
Morgeth is a new world boss separate from the above ones, added in Chains of Domination and can be found slightly south of the Sanctum of Domination raid entrance in the Maw.
Morgeth is available to defeat once per week, and will always be up as he does not share a rotation with any other boss.
Morgeth will have a chance to drop:
- Two new Conduits
- Shard of Rev (domination gem)
- 233 gear
If a player is behind on renown level, a world boss has a high chance to award additional renown also.
Players can find a world boss's location as a world quest icon on their map on the zone the current week's world boss is active in.