Berries are very important in Valheim, offering a free source of food if harvested regulalrly. With that in mind, many are wondering: can you farm berries and mushrooms in Valheim, and how does one go about farming berries at all?
Can You Farm Berries in Valheim?
No, there is no way to farm and plant berries in Valheim as you do with carrots, even if you're using a cultivator. Same applies to mushrooms, they only spanwn in the wild. At time of writing it simply seems to be a feature that isn't present in the game yet, though we'll be sure to update this page if future updates to Valheim change the mechanics and make berry farming an option.
However, that doesn't stop you from farming other foods. Carrots and turnips have become a staple of the Valheim player's diet, so be sure to set up your own crop for a permanent source of chow.
How to Farm Berries
If you're looking to farm berries in the traditional gaming sense - i.e., getting as many as possible as quickly as possible, then there are some useful tidbits to know to set up a personal berry factory.
- Check meadow biomes (raspberries are more common here, and it's the safest biome).
- Berries respawn every 300 minutes/five hours.
- Buildings and structures too close to the bush can sometimes interrupt or prevent the respawn.
- Blueberries grow in the Black Forest biome and cloudberries in the Plains.
- If you're really focused on berries, build a portal near the bushes for a fast commute.