Talismans are vital pieces of equipment in Monster Hunter Rise, small accessories that enable players to learn and boost new skills simply by equipping them in the menu. However, the only way to craft Talismans is to unlock the Melding Pot in Kamura and craft them from there. Because of that, we’ll show you how to unlock the Melding Pot and craft Talismans in Monster Hunter Rise.
How to Unlock the Melding Pot and Craft Talismans in Monster Hunter Rise
To unlock the Melding Pot in Monster Hunter Rise you need to complete one of two quests: either the Village Quest “Comeuppance” or the Hub Quest “Hellfire,” both of which will have you fight one of the game’s most powerful monsters, Magnamalo. Don’t worry, if you’re having trouble with that we can show you how to beat it here.
Once you’re done with that, head back to Kamura and talk to either Kagero or Maido to unlock the new Melding Pot. You can access it from this point on by talking to either of them.
How to Craft Talismans
The Melding Pot is based on activating several options you can unlock for it, each one of which has to be unlocked in a different way and will open new options for crafting specific talismans. Then you use these options to activate certain qualities in the talisman you want to make, and sacrifice monster parts and material to fill the gauge and create it. There is a chance of failure, however, and higher ranked skills are less likely to succeed. You’ll always get a talisman whatever happens, but it might not be the one you were hoping for.
However, once one is made, it’s not technically finished until you leave and complete a quest, so even after one is done, you’ll have to go and finish a quest first.
How to Unlock All Melding Pot Options
The Melding Pot has five options, only one of which is granted to you when you first unlock it. Here’s how to get all of them.
- Reflecting Pool: Unlocked by default when you get the Melding Pot. Used to acquire defensive and resistance skills.
- Haze: Reach Hunter Rank 6 to unlock. Grants mostly attack and elemental buff skills.
- Moonbow: Reach Hunter Rank 7 to unlock. Based around weaknesses and critical hits.
- Wisp of Mystery: Defeat Narwa to unlock. Grants entirely random skills, including some not in the other options.
- Rebirth: Defeat Narwa to unlock. Exactly the same as Wisp of Mystery, except you sacrifice other talismans instead of monster parts to craft new talismans.
The Rebirth one is an excellent way to get rid of old Talismans, as they contribute towards progress on getting newer, better ones. You can also use Friend Vouchers to pay for Melding, which you can find out how to get here! Or go see how you can make the most out of your Cohoot owl friend here.