Diablo Immortal released to mobile and PC Beta about a month ago. When the game launched there was quite a bit of content for players to take part in. Well, Blizzard has just dropped Diablo Immortal Patch Notes to detail what's coming in the game's first content update.
This patch comes with a new season, events, balance changes and bug fixes. They've also given us a hint as to what's coming for the game after this update as well!
What is In the Diablo Immortal Patch Notes?
Blizzard has put in quite a bit of information in the patch notes, so let's dive into what's coming.
Season Two Battle Pass: Bloodsworn
FIrst up, season two of Diablo Immortal will kick off starting July 7, 2022. The season will start at 3 AM server time, and ends August 4, 2022 at 3 AM server time.
There are two versions of the paid battle pass, the Empowered and the Collector's Empowered. The empowered is the premium track for the battle pass. The Collector's Empowered adds on additional rewards and a 10 level boost.
The battle pass will have 40 ranks on both the free and empowered tracks, and will have rewards like Legendary Gems, Crests, Hilts, and more.
New Helliquary Raid Boss: Vitaath the Shivering Death
The next thing that's coming in the season is a new Helliquary boss, Vitaath the Shivering Death. There isn't much information about this boss, but players can go to Rayek's Helliquary in Westmarch to take on this boss.
Hungering Moon Weekend Event
Diablo Immortal is getting it's first weekend event, the Hungering Moon Weekend event. This event seems to be a quest based event, where competing quests will award you Moonslivers. These Moonslivers can be traded to a vendor for Blessings. Then, once you have enough blessings, you can trade them in for a random reward.
This event will go live on July 15, 2022 at 3 AM server time, and will end July 18, 2022 at 3 AM server time.
- No Sound? - Learn how to fix this bug
What Balance Changes and Bug Fixes Are Coming?
- Arcane Wind
- Damage increased from 54, 72(fully charged) to 60, 80(fully charged)
- Range increased from 3.3, 5.5(fully charged) to 4.5, 6.5(fully charged)
- Arcane Wind Legendary: Syldra's Fang
- Damage increased from 57.6 to 60
- Range increased from 5.5 to 6.5
- Lightning Nova (also affects Legendary affixes):
- Damage increased from 25.2 to 34.7
- Multi-hit Damage increased from 70% to 75%
- Exploding Palm
- Damage (non-Explosion) increased from 17.5 to 25
- Range chagned from 3.5 (90-degree angle) to 3*4.5 (rectangle)
- Exploding Palm Legendary: Scolding Storm
- Damage (non-Explosion) increased from 17.5 to 25
- Range changed from 3.5 (90-degree angle) to 3*4.5 (rectangle)
- Exploding Palm Legendary: Path of the Present
- Damage (non-Explosion) increased from 19.32 to 25
- Exploding Palm Legendary: Reaching Rebuke
- Damage (non-Explosion) increased from 19.8 to 25
- Adjusted monster spawn logic to reduce the effectiveness of standing in one place in the Library of Zoltun Kulle and Mount Zavain to farm the same spawn point repeatedly.
- Adjusted the way auto-targeting will work after a player casts the same skill over a sustained duration.
- Updated the ability description of Chip of Stoned Flesh from “Each time you cause an enemy loss of control” to “Each time you cause an enemy total loss of control” to clarify which effects cause the gem to proc.
- Fixed an issue where some class abilities would not play audio.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Resonance and Combat Rating to display as 0.
- Fixed an issue that caused some doorways to block bosses and other large monsters.
- Fixed an issue that would cause crests to be deducted from disconnected party members after an Elder Rift was cancelled.
- Fixed an Armory interaction issue with items from the Warband Stash.
- Fixed multiple issues that would cause characters to fall through the world.
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to enter a Challenge Rift ahead of party members who have higher latency.
- Fixed an issue that caused Resonance to increase when swapping gems through the Stash.
- Upgrade materials and Dawning Echoes will now be properly returned to players after destroying the upgraded or Awakened item.
- Removed the Paragon Level requirements for some quests.
- Fixed an issue where Chests of Glory were not shared with all party members.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from using Primary Attack after being interrupted by enemies.
- Experience Globes will now drop in a smaller radius after killing a monster.
Cycle of Strife
- Fixed an issue with some Shadow Contracts that would immediately fail upon entering the quest zone.
- The Immortal Overthrow buff will now clear upon entering a Challenge Rift.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Immortal to knock players out of the arena during Shadow War.
- Fixed an issue that prevented claiming Shadow Contract rewards.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to become stuck during some Shadow Contract missions.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Corvus Expedition from completing.
- If a Dark Clan leader has not selected a Dark Clan objective, one will automatically be selected on Saturdays.
- Adjusted the Battleground preparation UI so that players are properly randomized between attack and defense. Previously, players could determine if they were attacking or defending based on this UI.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to be put back into queue after entering a Battleground.
- Added a mechanism to prevent players from attacking the Ancient Heart before Phase three has begun.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Lieutenant Ralvar to become stuck.
- Fixed an issue where some quest NPCs may not be interactable after a cutscene.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Unspoken NPC to be invisible to players.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the HUD to become invisible after triggering the Cycle's End cutscene.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Clan information to be bugged during the end of the Cycle.
- Added an exit button in the Domain of Horror.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Clan invitations.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Quest Tracker to fill with blank entries after exiting the Path of Blood.
- Fixed an issue where some UI modals could not be dismissed.
- Server recommendations will now be based on language selection.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from opening the Battle Pass.
- Fixed camera issues that would occur while fighting Lassal the Flame-Spun.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a black screen when teleporting after upgrading Legendary Gems.
- Fixed an issue where players might get stuck connecting to Battle.net when interacting with the EULA.
What is Coming in the Future?
While there's a lot of stuff coming in this patch, Blizzard isn't done yet. They note as well that there's a big patch coming later in the month. One of the big features that's coming is Class Change! They will also be adding new content.
We'd love to see a revamp to the Legendary Gem system. The acquisition and upgrades of legendary gems is unattainable for most players, so making it easier would be great.
And that's all we have for you! There's a lot to look forward to if you're playing Diablo Immortal. If you're looking to get into the game or level a new character, check out our leveling guides for Barbarian, Monk, Wizard, Crusader, Demon Hunter and Necromancer.