Sumeru's desert is due to release in the latest update, bringing with it two new 5-Stars; Nilou, and Anubis-themed Cyno. Here's the Genshin Impact Cyno materials you'll need to farm if you pull him. Getting them ahead of time can make gearing the new character up a breeze on release, so it's a good idea.
Cyno is a 5-Star Electro user that wields a Polearm, and is set to be a heavy damage unit with a very stylish appearance based on Egyptian mythology. For what to do with the character once he's all geared up, check out our Cyno build guide for artifact, weapon, a team composition ideas.
What materials do I need to level up Cyno?
Cyno, as an Electro Vision holder, will require Vajrada Amethysts, along with some new Sumeru boss drops, and items found only in the desert region.
|20||1 Sliver, 3 Scarab, 3 Sealed Scroll|
|40||3 Fragments, 10 Scarab, 15 Sealed Scroll, 2 Thunderclap Fruitcore|
|50||6 Fragments, 20 Scarab, 12 Divining Scroll, 4 Thunderclap Fruitcore|
|60||3 Chunks, 30 Scarab, 18 Divining Scroll, 8 Thunderclap Fruitcore|
|70||6 Chunks, 45 Scarab, 12 Forbidden Curse Scroll, 12 Thunderclap Fruitcore|
|80||6 Gemstones, 60 Scarab, 24 Forbidden Curse Scroll, 20 Thunderclap Fruitcore|
In terms of totals, this is how many of each item we're looking at:
- Vajrada Amethyst Sliver - 1
- Vajrada Amethyst Fragment - 9
- Vajrada Amethyst Chunk - 9
- Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone - 6
- Thunderclap Fruitcore - 46
- Scarab - 186
- Sealed Scroll - 18
- Divining Scroll - 30
- Forbidden Curse Scroll - 36
- 2,092,400 Mora
What are Cyno's Talent materials?
|Talent material||Amount needed|
|Teachings of, Guide to, Philosophies of Admonition||9, 63, 114|
|Mudra of the Malefic General||18|
|Sealed, Divining, Forbidden Curse Scrolls||18, 66, 93|
Cyno's talents can be raised from level one to level ten, and to do that, you'll need some more Sumeru items:
Material farming locations
- Vajrada Amethyst Gem
- The purple gems are found as boss drops and occasionally Adventure Rank rewards. Bosses such as the Thunder Manifestation, Electro Regisvine, and Electro Hypostasis will drop these gems.
- Like the Onikabuto in Inazuma, these beetles can be found across Sumeru's desert. They won't run away like other animals, and may be found rolling balls across the sand.
- Thunderclap Fruitcore
- These are drops from the new Electro Regisvine, found in Sumeru near the Liyue border.
- Sealed, Divining, Forbidden Curse Scrolls
- To find these scrolls, hunt down Samachurls. You can craft the latter two types from the earlier forms, at an Alchemy station.
- Teachings, Guides, Philosophies of Admonition
- Admonition tablets are new Talent Level-Up Materials found in the Sumeru domain, Steeple of Ignorance, on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Mudra of the Malefic General
- This item is a specific drop from the weekly boss fight in the Trounce Domain 'End of the Oneiric Euthymia'. It is against the Raiden Shogun's form named Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto, and must be unlocked through the Raiden Shogun's second story quest.
- Crowns of Insight
- Used to upgrade Combat Talents from level 9 to level 10, you can get these from upgrading the Frostbearing Tree, Sacred Sakura, and Lumenstone Adjuvant, but they are often included in event rewards, too.