Apex Legends Season 8 kicks off today!
Season 8 will follow a similar suit, adding plenty of new content to fit the seasonal story including a new Legend called Fuse and significant Map Changes.
A lot of these updates are influenced by the lore and story that Respawn is trying to establish in the world of Apex Legends.
But what will this new season include and what's happening to Apex? We can't forget that this season will fall nicely into place to celebrate the game's second anniversary!
Here's what we know about Apex Legends Season 8.
You can read about the following topics by clicking the link:
- Release Date
- Patch Notes
- New Legend Fuse
- New Weapon 30-30 Repeater
- Battle Pass Price
- Battle Pass Rewards
- New Map And Changes
- Game Modes
- Ranked Season 8
Respawn Shares Development Details - February 4
Sure, the big Season 8 update has arrived, but Eurogamer has covered some interesting tales from Apex Legends' development.
Running from map changes to potential Titan inclusions, it's a great read.
Below you can watch all the most recent available trailers for Season 8, Mayhem.
Mayhem Gameplay Trailer
Mayhem Launch Trailer
Stories From The Outlands - Good As Gold
Respawn has now posted the full patch notes to the new season here, but down below is a rundown of all the changes!
NEW LEGEND: FUSE
Meet Fuse: a mercenary-turned-cage fighter who never turns down a good dust-up. His affinity for explosions allows him to carry extra grenades and to throw them faster and further. He can launch a cluster bomb with airburst explosives. And when it’s time to really bring the boom, Fuse uses “Wally” to launch a bombardment that encircles an area in a ring of flames.
Passive - Grenadier
Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.
Tactical - Knuckle Cluster
Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.
Ultimate - The Motherlode
Launch a bombardment that encircles a target area in a wall of flames.
NEW WEAPON: 30-30 REPEATER
This heavy ammo lever-action repeater boasts hard-hitting rounds that’ll nail a fleeing Mirage at 200 paces.
The 30-30 is the benchmark for reliability, designed to withstand whipping sandstorms and temporal instability, which made it an obvious choice for the Apex Games.
The 30-30 Repeater requires the user to rechamber their rounds between shots which brings a methodic rhythm to the rifle, an analogue elegance that the modern weapons of the Outlands just can’t quite capture.
To further tempt those itchy trigger fingers, the 30-30 Repeater has a built-in charge giving players an opportunity to deal increased damage with each shot at the cost of a short build-up.
The 30-30 reloads one round at a time, which makes for some very interesting resource management you won’t find anywhere else, even on the Mastiff.
The 30-30’s engagement range allows unique opportunities to reload individual rounds between shots. This gives the Repeater the ability to lay down consistent precision ranged pressure, something weapons with full reloads can sometimes struggle with.
KINGS CANYON MAP UPDATE
Season 8 once again sees changes to Kings Canyon. The main new point of interest shows the devastation from the ship crashing into the map. Players can now explore beyond Artillery, Spotted Lakes takes over the Slums and some new observation towers for basic recon or a sniper’s nest. Read more on the map changes in the map blog here.
Season 8 introduces the Gold-tier magazines. Attaching it to a weapon automatically reloads your stowed weapons after a brief delay. The Gold magazine has the same capacity as Purple mags, and is available for Light, Heavy, Snipers, and Energy Weapons.
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
We have now added a damage counter to the HUD. This was a highly requested feature, so we’re excited to allow people easier tracking for chasing those badges and challenges!Pinging Ammo
Pinging weapons or ammo in your inventory displays your current ammo count along with "player wants ammo" in quick chat.
Color Blind update
Healing and reviving will now follow colorblind rules when colorblind settings are enabled
Lore Blurbs on Canon Skins
Some of our skins are canon, and some are just for fun. For the skins that represent an important part of that character's backstory, we've added a small blurb to describe the significance of that skin in the Legend's life.
- Hitbox adjustments.
- Sheila angle increase from 120° to 180°
- Wall health in build phase increased from 1hp to 45hp (sniper rounds still pierce through)
- Gravity Lift effective cooldown increased from 21s to 25s. The 15s cooldown timer will now start when the Gravity Lift disappears.
- Hitting the jump pad from a standing position will launch players along a high arc (the speed and trajectory of the old super-jump).
- From a crouched position, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they’ll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
- Remove ability to stick arc stars to friendly drones.
- Loot inside unopened care packages is now visible with Eye for Quality and accessible through the Black Market Boutique.
- All gas now dissipates as soon as Caustic’s team is eliminated.
- Mirage decoys create footstep sounds.
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Removed: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
- Added: R-301, 30-30 Repeater, Mozambique, Longbow DMR, Spitfire
- We are removing the Gold Barrel from the loot pool
- The Double Tap hop up will be removed from the loot pool
- The Anvil Rounds hop up will be added into the loot pool
- Bullet damage decreased from 16 to 15
- Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
- Bullet damage increased from 18 to 19
- Reload speed increased from 2.8 seconds to 3.2
- Empty Reload speed increased from 3.33 seconds to 3.8
- Fire rate increased from 2.0 to 2.1
- Sonar abilities no longer stop Caustic’s highlight vision.
- Fixed a few exploitable areas on Kings Canyon that Loba was able to reach via her Bracelet.
- Jumpads in Octane’s town takeover no longer allow Rampart to place Sheila on them.
- Fixed an issue with Rampart's passive persisting even after changing characters in Firing Range
- Fixed an issue causing the Havoc to have 100% accuracy when hip-fired through Rampart’s Amped Cover.
- Fixed a POV issue that occurred when using Horizon’s abilities, then immediately going into ADS with a Peacekeeper.
- Re-enabled ability to invite friends to club from friends list
- Fixed an issue causing some users who have opted out of "Last Squad Invites" to not appear in club event timelines when placing in the top 5 of a match
- Failing to connect to the club database no longer leads to a misleading "Kicked from club" message
- Players will no longer be kicked from clubs when switching to another profile on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with crowds not cheering in Pathfinder’s Town takeover.
- Fixed an issue preventing some heirlooms from appearing in the heirloom shop.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Thermites to deal damage through certain walls on Olympus.
New Legend Fuse
Fuse is the next legend to fight it out in the Apex games.
He's an Australian, which many suspected due to a leaked wallaby gun charm.
He fixated heavily on a golden grenade he found when adventuring with a friend.
Since then the two of them have been stealing it off each other, no matter the situation.
They both grew older together always sticking close by one another.
Eventually, Fuse became the bone cage champion!
Till one day Fuse decided he was leaving Salvo, the planet they both resided on.
His companion didn't take that well and took the pin out of the grenade, a back and forth occurred between the two.
Due to the explosion that ensued, Fuse ended up losing his arm!
We finally know Fuse's abilities!
- Passive: Grenadier - Fuse’s mechanical arm throws ordnances farther, faster and more accurately. Fuse can also stack more grenades per inventory slot than other Legends.
- Tactical: Knuckle Cluster - Deploy a cluster bomb that splinters out mini-concussion mines.
- Ultimate: The Motherlode - Bring out Fuse’s rocket launcher “Wally” to drop an ordnance that surrounds the target in a ring of flames.
The 30-30 Repeater has been confirmed to be the next gun to come to Apex Legends.
Originally the weapon was spotted in a dev stream.
It seems to be a heavy ammo gun.
Below you can check out a video by Dazs which showcases the newest weapon!
How Much Will the Season 8 Battle Pass Cost?
So far, every Battle Pass has cost 950 Apex Coins, so we assume that the Season 6 Battle Pass will cost the same, which would mean purchasing 1,000 coins from the store.
However, if you bought the Season 7 Battle Pass and don't spend any of the currency that you get when levelling, you'll most likely have enough to purchase the upcoming battle pass without spending any real money.
The premium battle pass contains 4,700 Apex Coins.
If you want to get a head start on the competition, you can buy the Battle Pass Bundle for 2,800 Apex Coins which will help you skip 25 levels off the bat.
If you don't feel like spending any money, there is a free battle pass, but it will contain far fewer rewards.
Battle Pass Rewards
Respawn is continuing with their modified Battle Pass system, granting 100 levels of rewards.
What's included in the new Battle Pass? Check out some of the content Respawn has provided us in their brand new blog post talking about Season 8's battle pass!
Immediately unlock the Legendary Flatline Chained Beast when you pick up the Battle Pass, along with three new Legend skins!
Battle through the remaining 100 levels to earn the rest of the rewards including Legendary items like the Radical Action Bangalore, Bad to the Bone Lifeline, and the DMR X-1 Reactive Longbow.
- Wicked Intent Octane Skin
- 7 Apex Packs
- Season 8 Win Tracker
Below you can find a few of the skin announced in the new gameplay trailer!
Bad To The Bone - Lifeline
Radical Action - Bangalore
DMR X-1 - Longbow
New Map And Map Changes
Last season we crash-landed in Olympus for Season 7.
Well now we're heading back to Kings Canyon, but it's not the KC we knew.
With Fuse's arrival, he wreaked havoc on the very first Apex Legends map.
Below you can see the before and afters of each area affected.
Kings Canyon Mayhem
The Salvo ship Fuse arrived on has crash-landed and with it comes Kings Canyon Mayhem!
Tunnel East Of Artillery
Slum Lakes/Spotted Lakes
Game Modes And LTMs
While Respawn has distanced themselves regarding solos or quads, there's always the possibility these modes are added at some point in the future.
Ranked Season 8
Ranked Changes Season 8
Below you can find the changes being made to the Ranked system in Season 8:
- Earn placement RP earlier in a match
- RP rewards begin at placement 13 instead of 10 in a match.
- Kill/Assist count has been raised to 6
- Earn RP for more of your kills and assists in a given match.
- This is a slight nudge to give really good players a slightly faster trip back to their competitive rank, while giving our top tier players more ways to pull ahead of the pack in the Predator ranks.
- Assist Threshold Increased to 10 seconds
- Earn assists for up to 10 seconds (up from 7.5 seconds) after dealing damage to a target that is killed by someone else.
- Predator has been increased to the top 750 players
- Allowing more players to enter predator should improve queue times while remaining an exclusive tier for the highest levels of play.
- Matchmaking Tightening
- Players below Diamond will matchmake much more often within their own Ranks.
- Skydive Trails Returning
- Diamond Skydive Trails are back in Season 8 as a ranked reward.
Ranked Goals Season 8
Here are some of the team's goals for Season 8 of Ranked:
- Create a healthier top end in Diamond+.
- Diamond, Master and Predators are reserved for the best of the best. We don’t want to change that. But, we do want these players competing against more players of similar skill, more often. In previous seasons, the player pool in Diamond+ was too small to consistently provide fair matches, so we aim to improve this by providing more opportunities for good players to earn RP.
- Improve match quality for ranked matches.
- This means we are aiming to fill most, if not all, of players in your Ranked match with players in the same rank tier. This may cause slightly longer queue times, but more competitively fair matches. We think this is worth it, and we’ll monitor queue times and sentiment closely around these changes.
Ranked Split Season 8
The first half of Season 8 will be on the new Kings Canyon.
This will run until March 23rd when Olympus will take over.
If you want to learn more about the changes being made to Kings Canyon, click here!
Anniversary Collection Event
The next season will include an Anniversary Collection Event.
The reward for completing the collection not be a new Heirloom, rather you will receive 150 Heirloom Shards to purchase an existing one of your choosing.
This information comes via @Shrugtal.
All Legends, other than the most recent three, are getting an Anniversary Recolor of an event/BP legendary skin.
"Anniversary" Outlands Warrior Recolor
"Anniversary" From the Ashes Recolor
Photos via @Shrugtal
We'll also get recolors for:
- Bloodhound: "Wise Warrior"
- Gibraltar: "Gibraltron"
- Pathfinder: "SRVN MVRN"
- Wraith: "Void Prowler"
- Caustic: "Prince of Darkness"
- Mirage: "Man Made Man"
- Octane: "Jade Tiger"
- Wattson: "Silver Age"
- Crypto: "Seeker of Knowledge"
- Revenant: "Relic of Death
All the Iron Crown legendaries, apart from Wattson, will get recolours in the first Season 8 event.
According to @Shrugtal, the codename for these is "Eoswar". Suggesting, there is some war theme going on.