Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives players a chance to add well known priceless art to their island's museum. The Wiley Fox Redd visits slands in order to flog some of his art - both real and fake. There's a lot of art to collect and not all of it is real. Here's all of the artwork in the game and how to spot the fake ones.
How To Get Art In Animal Crossing New Horizons
Before you can buy art and put it in your Museum, you'll need to find Redd - as he's your only method to purchase art. We have a guide on how to find Redd if you're stuck. Not all artwork will have a fake duplicate. If you see any being sold that do not have a fake alternative, you're safe to buy them.
All Paintings and How to Spot the Fake Ones
We've put together a list of all of the paintings in the game and how you can spot the fake ones.
- Academic Painting: There will be a stain in the top right corner.
- Amazing Painting; The man in a red sash will not have a hat.
- Basic Painting: The boy has a full fringe with no gaps.
- Calm Painting: NO FAKE
- Common Painting: NO FAKE
- Detailed Painting: Missing the writing on the side.
- Dynamic Painting: NO FAKE
- Famous Painting: Mona Lisa has arched eyebrows.
- Flowery Painting: NO FAKE
- Glowing Painting: NO FAKE
- Graceful Painting: The woman is out of proportion (too big).
- Jolly Painting: No flower growing from the chest.
- Moody Painting: NO FAKE
- Moving Painting: There will be no trees in the top right corner.
- Mysterious Painting: NO FAKE
- Nice Painting: NO FAKE
- Perfect Painting: NO FAKE
- Proper Painting: NO FAKE
- Quaint Painting: Excess milk is being poured from the jug.
- Scary Painting: Eyebrows are pointing up.
- Scenic Painting: Only 1 Hunter and there are fewer dogs.
- Serene Painting: The animal has a dark head.
- Solemn Painting: Man's arm in the background is sticking up.
- Twinkling Painting: NO FAKE
- Warm Painting: NO FAKE
- Wild Painting (Left Side): The figure is green.
- Wild Painting (Right Side): The figure is white.
- Wistful Painting: The woman is wearing a big star earring.
- Worthy Painting: NO FAKE
All Statues and How to Spot the Fake Ones
We've put together a list of all of the statues in the game and how you can spot the fake ones.
- Ancient Statue: Antennae pointing out the side of its head.
- Beautiful Statue: It has a necklace
- Familiar Statue: NO FAKE
- Gallant Statue: It will be hiding something under its arm.
- Great Statue: NO FAKE
- Informative Statue: It will be coloured blue.
- Motherly Statue: The wolf's tongue will be sticking out.
- Mystic Statue: It will be wearing an earring.
- Robust Statue: It will be wearing a wristband on the arm it's using to throw the Discus.
- Rock-Head Statue: It will be smiling.
- Tremendous Statue: The box is covered.
- Valiant Statue: The bare left leg is not visible.
- Warrior Statue: The statue will be leaning on a long weapon in front of it.
Artwork is one of the many things you need to collect in order to complete your Museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. If you're enjoying the game then you should take a look at some of our other guides. We have a guide on how to get all shops for those of you who are new to the game and a guide on how to sleep if you're looking to relax a bit.
Updated on November 2nd, 2021 by Marie Pritchard.