Animal Crossing: New Horizons gives players a chance to add well known priceless art to their island's museum. The Wiley Fox Redd visits slands in order to flog some of his art - both real and fake. There's a lot of art to collect and not all of it is real. Here's all of the artwork in the game and how to spot the fake ones.
Read More: Animal Crossing New Horizons: Can You Get A Police Station?
How To Get Art In Animal Crossing New Horizons
Before you can buy art and put it in your Museum, you'll need to find Redd - as he's your only method to purchase art. We have a guide on how to find Redd if you're stuck. Not all artwork will have a fake duplicate. If you see any being sold that do not have a fake alternative, you're safe to buy them.
All Paintings and How to Spot the Fake Ones
We've put together a list of all of the paintings in the game and how you can spot the fake ones.
- Academic Painting: There will be a stain in the top right corner.
- Amazing Painting; The man in a red sash will not have a hat.
- Basic Painting: The boy has a full fringe with no gaps.
- Calm Painting: NO FAKE
- Common Painting: NO FAKE
- Detailed Painting: Missing the writing on the side.
- Dynamic Painting: NO FAKE
- Famous Painting: Mona Lisa has arched eyebrows.
- Flowery Painting: NO FAKE
- Glowing Painting: NO FAKE
- Graceful Painting: The woman is out of proportion (too big).
- Jolly Painting: No flower growing from the chest.
- Moody Painting: NO FAKE
- Moving Painting: There will be no trees in the top right corner.
- Mysterious Painting: NO FAKE
- Nice Painting: NO FAKE
- Perfect Painting: NO FAKE
- Proper Painting: NO FAKE
- Quaint Painting: Excess milk is being poured from the jug.
- Scary Painting: Eyebrows are pointing up.
- Scenic Painting: Only 1 Hunter and there are fewer dogs.
- Serene Painting: The animal has a dark head.
- Solemn Painting: Man's arm in the background is sticking up.
- Twinkling Painting: NO FAKE
- Warm Painting: NO FAKE
- Wild Painting (Left Side): The figure is green.
- Wild Painting (Right Side): The figure is white.
- Wistful Painting: The woman is wearing a big star earring.
- Worthy Painting: NO FAKE
All Statues and How to Spot the Fake Ones
We've put together a list of all of the statues in the game and how you can spot the fake ones.
- Ancient Statue: Antennae pointing out the side of its head.
- Beautiful Statue: It has a necklace
- Familiar Statue: NO FAKE
- Gallant Statue: It will be hiding something under its arm.
- Great Statue: NO FAKE
- Informative Statue: It will be coloured blue.
- Motherly Statue: The wolf's tongue will be sticking out.
- Mystic Statue: It will be wearing an earring.
- Robust Statue: It will be wearing a wristband on the arm it's using to throw the Discus.
- Rock-Head Statue: It will be smiling.
- Tremendous Statue: The box is covered.
- Valiant Statue: The bare left leg is not visible.
- Warrior Statue: The statue will be leaning on a long weapon in front of it.
Artwork is one of the many things you need to collect in order to complete your Museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. If you're enjoying the game then you should take a look at some of our other guides. We have a guide on how to get all shops for those of you who are new to the game and a guide on how to sleep if you're looking to relax a bit.
Updated on November 2nd, 2021 by Marie Pritchard.