PUBG Mobile Season 12 is now LIVE and will celebrate the second anniversary of PUBG Mobile.
Although the latest season is still new, there's plenty to come in Season 13 already.
The latest update brings a new shotgun, death replays, colourblind mode, the Erangle amusement park to celebrate the second anniversary of PUBG Mobile and much more.
We're also set to bring at least three character skins and multiple weapon skins as part of the royale pass rewards.
So what does Season 12 bring to the table? Here's everything you need to know.
WATCH NOW: PUBG CONTENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR SCREEN
Be sure to click the links below to read about PUBG Mobile Season 12:
- Royale Pass Rewards
- Patch Notes
- Release Date
- What's New?
- DBS Shotgun
- Amusement Parks
- Arctic Mode
- Hardcore Mode
- Brothers in Arms Function
- Death Replays
- Independent Teammate Volume Control
- Universal Marker
- EvoGround Gameplay Adjustments
- Team Deathmatch - Camera Improvements
- Improvements And Weapon Balancing
- Anniversary Celebration Event
- New Weapons
New Community Event (2Gether We Look Back)
PUBG Mobile players are called upon to share their oldest screenshot of the battle royale mobile game, for a chance to win some cool rewards.
April 2 - April 16
Who can participate:
All PUBG MOBILE Community Members
How to join:
Community members are asked to find the oldest screenshot that they have for PUBG MOBILE and post it on social media with the hashtag: #2getherwelookback
- There will be ten (10) winners picked for this event.
- Each person that submits to us an old photo will be in the running to win a prize.
- At the end of the event, 10 winners will randomly from everyone who submitted screenshots
- Each winner will receive 6000 UC
Rules and Judging:
- Entries must be in a public post with the hashtag: #2getherwelookback
- Posts on the official PUBG MOBILE platforms or groups will not be considered.
- Each person may submit multiple screenshots, however, if one is selected then all other entries will be disqualified
Season 2 Is Now Live! - 9th March
🎉 It's Time to Party🎉 PUBG MOBILE's Season 12 Royale Pass is now live! Suit up and get ready to party because we're celebrating our second anniversary and everyone's invited🥂 . 2gether We Play pic.twitter.com/yRwwGhp6QO
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE)
Hotfix - 7th March
A new hotfix has arrived for PUBG Mobile to address some performance issues:
- Fixed FPS issues happening on the OnePlus 6, Vivo, and Nex 3.
- Fixed connection errors that were occurring during matches.
- Fixed a bug where some skins caused the UZI to not equip scopes properly
- Fixed an issue that would block friend messages.
- Fixed an error that incorrectly displaying the modifiable Lumberjack UAZ finish.
- Fixed some mistranslations.
When Will Season 12 End?
The Season 12 Royale Pass is set to end on the 11th May 2020 at 12am GMT, with Season 13 beginning on the 12th May 2020 at 2am GMT.
The PUBG Mobile Season 13 0.18.0 update will likely arrive on the 9th May 2020. There will be no downtime for this update.
Although it's not confirmed, if we apply the same pattern that Season 12 followed we can get a good estimate.
Season 12 ranks will end and reset on 12th May 12am GMT, with Season 13 ranks beginning at 2am GMT.
PUBG Mobile Season 12 Royale Pass Rewards
In the new Royale Pass, celebrate the 2nd anniversary of PUBG MOBILE with Royale Pass reward upgrades.
Choose one ultimate set out of two. Anniversary theme items are returning to the Shop, don't miss out!
There has also been an Improved Purchase and Upgrade interface display and added support for Exclusive Vouchers (available from events).
Players who haven’t purchase a Royale Pass in the past 3 seasons (9, 10 and 11) and players who registered from season 10 but haven’t purchased a Royale Pass before will receive bonus benefits when they purchase this season.
After obtaining the pass, players will immediately receive a skin for the QBZ assault rifle.
The final tier reward is a Robotic skin and as the theme of both items will be the “anniversary special”, neon lights will be covering the number “12”.
Here's a closer look at what's on offer - you can see ALL of the rewards right here.
0.17.0 Patch Notes
The latest patch notes for Season 12 have now gone live, here are the highlights:
- 2nd Year Anniversary: Amusement Park Mode in Classic Erangel
- Royale Pass Season 12: 2gether We Play! (Available March 9th)
- Arctic Mode: Brand New Survival Experience (Available Soon)
- New AirDrop Weapon: DBS Shotgun
- New Arcade Mode: Return of Hardcore Mode
- Death Replay
- Colorblind Mode
There will be no downtime for this update, but it will require1.69 GB of storage space on Android, and 1.95 GB of storage space on iOS.
Players on different versions are unable to invite one another, so update as soon as possible!
Update before March 6th to receive:
- 50 Silver
- 2,888 BP
- 3 Day Anniversary Pan Skin
You can read the FULL patch notes and updates below.
When Does PUBG Mobile Season 12 Start?
PUBG Mobile Season 12 will release on the 6th March 2020. There will be no downtime for this update.
It has been confirmed that PUBG Mobile Season 11 will end on the 3rd March.
Season 11 ranks will end and reset on 9th March 12am GMT, with Season 12 ranks beginning at 2am GMT.
The Season 11 Royale Pass will end on the 8th March at 12am GMT, with Season 12 beginning on the 9th March at 2am GMT.
Recently the PUBG Mobile Twitter tweeted that Death Replays will arrive on the 3rd March - it's likely the update will arrive after Season 11 ends.
Each season lasts roughly two months, so we can expect this to run until May.
Be sure to check out our guides for PUBG Mobile Season 12 before jumping into battle!
- How to change server
- How to spend BP
- How to get clothes
- How to find a sniper
- How to find a helicopter
- How to find Scopes
- Where to drop
What Will Be Included In The New Update?
DBS Shotgun (New Air Drop Weapon)
The DBS, is a double-barreled shotgun that can only be obtained through AirDrops.
It has an internal magazine that holds 14 rounds of 12 Gauge ammo that can fire 2 shots each rack.
The DBS will need to be racked from the magazine after 2 shots, which is faster compared to previous shotguns' reloading speeds.
It can be outfitted with the Holographic Sight, Red Dot Sight, and 2x - 6x Scope.
Three amusement parks are being added to into the Erangle matchmaking classic mode.
Amusement Parks: In this mode, old school amusement parks will appear randomly in three locations on the Classic Erangel map.
Arcade Machines: Interactive Arcade Machines will be placed in the amusement parks and major towns, which can be activated with Tokens.
Games and Attractions: Hunt Game, Space War, What's in the Box, Shooting Range, Trampoline and Reverse Bungee.
Reverse Bungee + Wingsuit: High-rise Reverse Bungee machines will appear in the middle of the amusement parks. Players can be launched into the air to use their parachute and glide again.
This is all to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of PUBG Mobile - you can see gameplay of it here.
Based on Classic Mode gameplay, arctic storms will appear periodically in Vikendi. Players will need to maintain and keep their body temperature high through various means, otherwise, their health will continuously decrease.
Ways to maintain body temperature:
- Use a lighter to light a fire indoors and gather branches to add to the fire to increase the heating time.
- Hunt chickens to acquire raw chicken and roast it on the fire, then consume the roast chicken to restore body temperature.
- Use items such as the heater or heat packs.
- Snowboards from the Winter Festival will also appear in this mode for players to enjoy snowboarding.
- Added Drones that can scout the surrounding area, leading to new tactics.
Hardcore Mode Returns
The realistic survival experience, Hardcore Mode, will return in 0.17.0!
In this mode, there will be no auto pickups, nor automatic door opening or reload. In simple words, the game will be played same as you play the PC version of PlayerUnknown's Battleground.
You will get no help from the system anymore. If you hear a gun firing or a player running you have to use your instinct and experience to spot that player and kill him. If your mag runs out then you have to reload it.
Although players are thankful for its inclusion, they do fear it will be quite bugged.
Brothers in Arms Function
Through Brothers in Arms, veterans with rich game experience will guide and play together with rookies in the game.
Rookies can learn from the veterans and master the game quickly, while the veterans can receive great rewards.
Players can enter the Brothers in Arms system and register as a Rookie or Veteran. Rookies send invitations to recommended Veterans, and Veterans who have enabled the Rookie Matching status will receive the invitation.
The two will enter the battle after matching, which supports Classic mode rating calculations.
Project: Ban Pan
With the new Season 12 update, a new system that sniffs out cheaters will be put into place.
All of your questions about Project: Ban Pan can be answered here.
Death Replays (also known as killcams in other games) will finally be added.
The player will be able to rewatch how they were killed, offering up a chance to think tactically next time.
This has been confirmed on the PUBG Mobile Twitter - releasing on the 3rd March.
Independent Teammate Volume Control
A new feature now supports the adjustment of the voice volume for a single teammate in battle. Players can adjust volume according to their teammates' voices.
In the new update, you can now place eight different types of markers instead of just one.
So you will be able to differentiate between places of interest, enemies, animals, shelters, etc.
Colour Blind Mode
Added Colorblind Mode in Graphics Settings, which provides more color options for in-game indicators, such as Poison, Smoke, and Auxiliary Lines.
EvoGround Gameplay Adjustments
Survive Till Dawn and RageGear - PickUp will be removed for further tuning after the update. Please keep an eye on the update notes for future release dates.
Team Deathmatch - Camera Improvements
Improved the camera shaking and position adjustment in some situations in Team Deathmatch FPP mode to increase realism.
Improvements And Weapon Balancing
- Slightly increased rifle burst mode rate of fire.
- M16A4 balance adjustment: Slightly increased burst mode rate of fire and increased vertical and horizontal recoil.
- Increased Mk47's single-shot damage from 46 to 48
- Upgraded Dacia and UAZ models
- Modified the UZI model: added an upper guide for equipping the Red Dot and Holographic Sight
- Improved skydiving animation: added parachute descending and disappearing effects when landing, and improved the character landing animation
- Control Settings - Custom Layout Improvements: Increased maximum button size adjustability to 250%
- Control Settings - New Custom Setting Feature: The left Fire button can be moved off of the edge of the screen as long as the center point of the button is on the screen
- Improved the Molotov Cocktail flame particle effect
- Improved the Frag Grenade blast effect on different surface materials
- Added player standby emotes on all maps in Classic Mode. For example, the Shivering emote will be the standby emote while playing on Vikendi. The standby emote is only visible to the player and their teammates in battle.
- Added a second confirmation to the Reset button in Custom Settings to prevent players from resetting the layout by mistake.
- Removed the unnecessary virtual sound settings for vehicles. Fixed issues of Dacia idle volume being too low, Motorcycle idle volume being too high and Rony idle volume being too high.
- Improved Bluetooth headphone latency on some Android models
- Improved vegetation and combat rendering efficiency for smoother gaming and lower power consumption
- Improved low-level logic and UI efficiency on some Android models for lower power consumption at the same frame rate
- Increased the combat frame rate of some low-end devices for a smoother gaming experience
- Further improved the power consumption of some mid to high-end devices
- Improved the frame length issue on some Android devices for a smoother operating experience.
- Added support for streamers, plush, neon streamers, and better UI/ fabric effects.
- Added Team Reservation
- Players with 50 or higher Synergy can send Team Reservation messages to friends in the game.
- Players in the game can receive friends’ Team Reservation messages and choose to accept or decline.
- When the reserved player returns to the Lobby, the system will send a notification for the duo to team up.
- Popularity Improvements
- Added high-value gift “Airplane” with additional playback effect in player Spaces.
- Added Message. Players can attach a message when sending Sports Cars or Airplanes, and the player who receives the message can perform Pin, Reply, Delete and other actions (Also added Block Message to Blacklist).
- Added a Send Popularity Gifts function to the battle results interface of Teammate Spectating, EvoGround, and Team Deathmatch modes.
- Synergy Feature Improvements
- Improved Synergy through teaming up with or gifting coins among friends.
- Some space gifts can also help improve Synergy when sent to friends, which has no daily Intimacy increase limit.
- Adjusted the proportion of Synergy increasing when sending gifts in Shop.
- Fixed the issue of losing connection to the application in some situations.
- Radio Feature
- Added chat item "Radio." Players can use the Radio to post Radio messages, which have an exclusive effect, on the World channel
- Players can receive Radio messages in the main menu or in the World channel, or choose to block the Radio channel in Settings
- Crew Challenge Upgrade
- Player and crew verifications are required for players participating in Crew Challenge. Players in a crew need to link social platforms or complete in-game missions to increase their and their crew's verification points. Only crews that meet the corresponding verification requirements can advance to each phase of the Crew Challenge.
- A fair and exciting game requires a safe environment. For Group and Finals phases, a security test is required before the game begins.
- Bonus Challenge - Tournaments
- Experience the thrill of advancement: Daily Match -> Weekly Match -> Monthly Match competitions! Monthly match champions will advance to the online finals and compete for the opportunity to enter the offline finals or to watch the global finals at the venue and see well-known players in action!
- Open daily to all: Six major divisions with matches every day
- Esports Center
- Added a landing page for players to find interesting content easily
- Added Influencer & Crew options to the Video Center for players to follow their favourites, watch videos related to them, and send messages to them
- Other Improvements: Increased loading speed for a smoother experience.
- Added Grenade kill broadcast
- Added legendary Golden Grenade Finish with Death Broadcast
- Inventory Improvements
- Added Close-Up View: The game will automatically switch to close-up view when players are trying on helmets, hats, glasses, masks, and backpacks
- Rookie Mission
- Improved the 7 Day Rookie Missions tutorials and rewards
- Tutorial Improvements
- Removed the Graphics Quality Selection prompt in the tutorial.
- Changed the Tutorial options from three to two, and game type proficiency options from Shooting Game to Battle Royale Game
- Download Improvements
- Improved download status: When a download task is in the waiting queue, players can tap the task again to cancel the wait and restore the status to downloading.
- Reset Resources Pack and Map Expansion Pack rewards, which can be collected after downloading.
Anniversary Celebration Event
There will be an Anniversary Celebration Event starting March 12th.
- During the Anniversary Celebration, everyone will work together to achieve the event goals and receive rewards.
- Individual Events will allow players to claim rewards after completing the corresponding missions.
- Event rankings will grant players various rewards corresponding to their points ranking.
Anniversary Celebration achievements return.
- The Anniversary Cake collection achievement returns
- 2nd Anniversary new mini-game achievement
- Anniversary login exclusive achievement