Update 11.9 arrives in League of Legends next week!
Patch 11.8 added a new champion - Gwen: The Hallowed Seamstress and a new set of skins for the Dragon Slayer line.
This new update will bring the DWG skins to honour their victory in the 2020 World Championship.
Here are patch notes for League of Legends update 11.9.
Read More: League Of Legends Tier List And The Best Champions Right Now (11.9 Update)
Click the links below to read all about update 11.9:
Table of Contents
When Is The LoL 11.9 Patch Release Date?
Patch 11.8 will arrive on the 28th April 2021.
It will likely roll out at the following times (but this isn't confirmed):
- 3am PT(NA servers)
- 5am GMT (EUW servers)
- 3am CET (EUNE servers)
Read More: League of Legends: 2021 Patch Schedule - When Is The Next Update?
LoL 11.9 Patch Notes
@MarkYetter has said that this is the MSI 2021 patch.
They are hoping to add a bit of diversity to the pro meta.
There are also a few solo Q outliers (and over buffs from the last patch) that they wanted to tone down.
Here's what's coming in the next patch so far.
- Diana (Nerf)
- Armor per level decreased to 3.1 from 3.6
- Base HP regen decreased from 6.5 to 7.5
- P Bonus attack speed decreased to 15-40% from 20-40%
- Dr Mundo (Nerf)
- Armor level decreased to 3 from 3.5
- AD level decreased from 3 to 3.5
- Garen (Nerf)
- W AR/MR per stack reduced to 0.2 from 0.25 (Max resists unchanged)
- Minions needed max stacks increased to 150 from 120
- Gragas (Nerf)
- E damage reduced to 80-220 from 80-240
- Hecarim (Nerf)
- Base armor reduced to 32 from 36
- Armor per level increased to 4.25 from 4
- Q bonus damage per rampage stack reduced to 2% (+1% per 33 bAD) from 5%
- W healing changed to 30% (+1% per 40 bAD) of damage Hecarim deals from 30%. This percentage is halved 15% (+1% per 80 bAD) for damage dealt by allies
- E minimum base damage decreased to 30-110 from 35-155
- E maximum base damage reduced to 60-220 from 70-310
- Heimerdinger (Nerf)
- W damage reduced to 50-150 from 50-170 (Max damage reduced to 90-270 from 90-306)
- Jinx (Nerf)
- Rockets crit for 175% to splash targets from 200%
- Kayn (Buff)
- Kindred (Buff)
- Q cooldown reduced to 8 from 9
- Q damage increased to 60-160 from 60-140
- Kog'Maw (Buff)
- Q Resistance Reduction increased to 25-33% from 20-28%
- E cost reduced to 60-100 from 80-120
- Lulu (Buff)
- W cooldown reduced to 15-11 from 16-12
- W attack speed increased to 25-35% from 20-35%
- Morgana (Nerf)
- W damage to monsters reduced to 185% from 200%
- Rumble (Nerf)
- P Overheated Magic Damage on hit decreased to 5-40 from 10-50
- Sett (Buff)
- W percent of expended Grit dealt as damage increased to 25+20 per 100 bonus AD from 25+10 per 100 bonus AD
- R bonus AD ratio increased to 120% from 100%
- Shen (Buff)
- R Shield Value increased to 120/310/500 (+17.5% bHP) (+135% AP) from 175/350/525 (+135% AP)
- Taric (Buff)
- Q mana cost reduced to 7-90 from 70-110
- Trundle (Buff)
- E slow amount increased to 32/39/46/53/60% from 20/30/40/50/60%
- Xerath (Buff)
- Q damage increased to 70-230 (+90% AP) from 80-240 (+75% AP)
- W damage increased to 60-200 (+65% AP) from 60-180 (+60% AP)
- Vlad (Nerf)
- Q Cooldown increased to 9/7.9/6.8/5.7/4.6 from 9/7.75/6.5/5.25/4
Oliver ‘Beardilocks’ McDonald recently explained on Twitter that Kog’Maw is getting a VFX update soon.
Many of his skins are just 520 or 975, but since they all had custom recolors when he was in W, I went through and made them all feel much more empowered. As a reminder, we don't add unique VFX to anything less than a 1350, unless it already had some. pic.twitter.com/qQRElFEsPu
— Riot Beardilocks (@Beardilocks)
April 8, 2021
Full Machine Viktor is also getting some changes...
BEHOLD! Full Machine #Viktor gets a recolor as a 975. A little late from his VFX update, but I'm having fun on my week off adding value. It's a kind of chem-tech Viktor, like he went down to Zaun. Probably will reduce the brightness a little. pic.twitter.com/Pm4soKMQFJ
— Riot Beardilocks (@Beardilocks)
April 14, 2021
- Deadman's Plate (Nerf)
- Health reduced to 300 from 400
- Death's Dance (Buff)
- Attack damage increased to 55 from 5 and armor increased to 45 from 40
- Moonstone Renewer (Buff)
- Starlit Grace base heal increased to 70 from 60
- Sunfire Aegis (Jungle Only Buff)
- Immolate Monster Damage increased to 150% from 100%
- Turbo Chemtank (Nerf)
- Active movement speed reduced to 40% from 60%
- Wit's End (Buff)
- Build Path: Dagger>Long Sword
- Attack Damage increased to 40 from 30
CONQUERER JAX - PRESTIGE EDITION
Honouring DWG winning in the 2020 World Championship!
DWG Jhin, Kennen, Leona, Nidalee and Twisted Fate are heading onto the Rift with:
- New models and textures!
- New VFX!
- New SFX!
- New recall animation!
- DWG skins are set to be 1350 RP each
DWG Jhin will be available to play soon on PBE! As players who get a first-hand look at this upcoming content, we want to hear your thoughts! Drop your feedback in the thread below!
DWG JHIN (1350 RP)
DWG KENNEN (1350 RP)
DWG LEONA (1350 RP)
DWG NIDALEE (1350 RP)
DWG TWISTED FATE (1350 RP)
New Chromas are being added for Blackfrost Vel'kox and Sion.
Mark Yetter has also outlined some future projects and updates coming to LoL in 2021.
- Overly skewed towards Pro Play
- Champions that have pattern-level (as opposed to power level) issues that create difficulties for long-term balance
- THey're picked frequently in professional games but have very low solo queue win rates, making it painful when we nerf them
- These champs often display a pattern where "the more skill you have, the more you can remove the counterplay" as opposed to having difficult-to-execute combos that pros are just better at. As you might expect, at the pro level we're seeing the weaknesses mitigated too far
- Examples here - upcoming Tahm Kench changes, Sylas changes in Season 10
- Game health or counterplay issues at all level of play
- These champs are often balanced (as opposed to the pro play skewed champs who end up underpowered for regular play) and even sometimes popular. However, they degrade the overall game quality because they have insufficient counterplay or promote strategies that lower the depth and interaction of other plays
- Examples here - Aphelios (s10 range and AOE burst reductions), Akali (s9 invis under tower removal)
- Older champs that need love
- Often these champs have reasonable power/win rates but players just feel they aren't keeping up with the current game
- These updates will often look to strengthen the identity of the champ and find ways that make their current power more satisfying, clear, or skill expressive
- Examples here - upcoming Rammus changes, 11.3 Jinx changes
- Items not hitting their goals
- Not appealing - sometimes an item can be balanced but doesn't deliver on its fantasy in a satisfying way, so players don't buy it even in cases where it'd be good
- Unhealthy - removing counterplay or skewing the shape of the game too far (like burst, sustain, range) are problems we want to fix. (Hextech Gunblade)
- Unclear purpose - the item either doesn't have a clear set of circumstances where it's strong, or that circumstance is overly narrow. That makes it either generically weak, or a must-buy if tuned to be generically strong.
- Runes not hitting their goals
- Warping pattern - some runs can be under picked mostly because they demand too much from the player and end up feeling like "playing the rune, not the champion" (e.g. Omnistone)
- Dominating choice - some runes ruin the choice structure by being too generically powerful for too many different types of champions. (Conqueror has run into this a few times in the past)
- Game Health Issues - like the items, runes can undermine important gameplay. Nimbus Cloak is a recent example where it was breaking the intended weaknesses of many fighters and tank by giving them too much target access.