League of Legends' next update, 11.4, arrives this Thursday - this is the fourth update of 2021.
Patch 11.4 aims to nerf the influence of junglers in the game as well as adjust some of the forgotten champions since Season 11 started.
Some of the key camps include Gromp, Krug and Razorbeak while the biggest changes come to champions such as Samira, Kai'Sa and Katarina.
Season 11 kicked off with Update 11.1 that saw a massive 100+ champions changed.
Since then, Riot has been on a mission to bring more balance as a whole to Champions and Items by only tweaking a few things.
Here are patch notes for League of Legends update 11.4.
Click the links below to read all about update 11.4:
- Release Date
- Patch Notes
- Champion Changes
- Item Changes
- Jungle Changes
- New Skins
- Client Clean Up
- Future Updates
When Is The LoL 11.4 Patch Release Date?
Patch 11.4 will arrive on the 18th February 2021.
It will likely roll out at the following times (but this isn't confirmed):
- 3am PT(NA servers)
- 5am GMT (EUW servers)
- 3am CET (EUNE servers)
LoL 11.4 Patch Notes
As it stands there are no official patch notes, but various Riot employees tend to reveal upcoming changes ahead of time and checking out the PBE is always a reliable way to see what's coming in the next update.
Mark Yetter (Gameplay Design Director for League of Legends) has outlined the upcoming changes in the next patch on Twitter.
Here's a quick round-up of what's coming:
These changes come from the PBE servers.
- Amumu (Buff)
- E base damage increased to 75-175 from 75-155
- Braum (Buff)
- Cooldown decreased to 120-80 seconds from 140-100
- Caitlyn (Buff)
- AD per level increased to 3.8 from 3.3
- AS per level increased to 4% from 3.5%
- Camille (Nerf)
- Cooldown reduced to 17-11 from 15-9
- Fiora (Buff)
- Damage increased to 3% (+5.5% per 100 AD) from 2.5% (+4.5% per 100 AD)
- Jinx (Buff)
- Base health increased to 610 from 550
- Kai'sa (Nerf)
- Base damage per missile reduced to 40-100 from 45 110
- Max single-target reduced to 90-225 from 101.25-247.5
- Evolved max reduced to 150-375 from 168-412.5
- Katarina (Buff)
- R - Death Lotus
- On-hit Damage Modifier changed to 25/30/35% from 25%
- Physical damage dealt for each dagger increased to [16% bAD (1 + 0.8 Bonus Attack Speed)] from [15% bAD (1 + 0.666 Bonus Attack Speed)]
- R - Death Lotus
- Lee Sin (Buff)
- Cooldown decreased to 10-6 from 11-7
- Renekton (Nerf)
- Healing from minions reduced to 3-7 from 3-9
- Empowered healing from minions reduced to 9-21 from 9-27
- Samira (Nerf)
- Removed dash to allies
- Dash speed reduced to 1600 from 2050
- Duration reduced to 0.75 from 1
- Damage ratio reduced to 80-110% TAD from 100
- Melee damage bonus ratio reduced to 3.5%-9.5% TAD from 7.5%
- Cooldown increased to 8 seconds from 3
- Skarner (Nerf)
- Base HP reduced to 580 from 601
- Health per level reduced to 85 from 90
- Soraka (Buff)
- Movement speed bonus increased to 20-30%
- Base heal increased to 100-240 from 90-230
- Talon (Buff)
- Cooldown decreased to 9-7 from 9
- Outgoing bonus AD ratio increased to .55 from .40
- Tryndamere (Buff)
- Base AD increased to 72 from 69
- Urgot (Buff)
- W - Purge
- Damage dealt by on-hit effects increased to 75% from 50%
- W - Purge
- (Active) increased to 0-80% increased damage based on Q charge from 0-50
- (Max) increased to 10.8-25.2% missing HP damage from 9-21%
- Veigar (Buff)
- mana cost decreased to 30-60 from 40-60
- Cooldown decreased to 120-60 seconds from 120-80 seconds
- Veigo (Changed)
- Q - Blade of the Ruined King
- Healing is now reduced to 100% against minions
- Q - Blade of the Ruined King
- Moonstone Renewer (Nerf)
- Base heal reduced to 50-100 (by champion level) from 70-100
- Everfrost (Buff)
- Cast time reduced to .15 from .25 seconds
- Spell delay unchanged
- Build path is now Lost Chapter + Blasting Wand + Kindelgem 450G, was previously Lost Chapter + Blasting Wand +1250G
- Active damage increased to 125 (+35%AP) from 100 (+30%AP)
- Cosmic Drive (Buff)
- Removed movement speed on-spell hit
- If you hav 160 AP, gain 20 Ability Haste and 10-30 Move Speed
- Ability Haste decreased to 20 from 30
- Guinsoo's Rageblade (Buff)
- Attach speed increased to 45% from 40%
- Chempunk Chainsword (Buff)
- Health increased to 250 from 150
- Mortal Reminder (Buff)
- AD increased to 25 from 20
- Morellonomicon (Buff)
- AP increased to 80 from 70
Some position nerfs are coming in for Jungle.
It's believed that they are too influential on the game and should take the power levels down to Season 10 levels.
- Base XP is now 125-168.75 (at levels 1/3/5/7/9), was previously 135-182.25
- Gold is now 85, was previously 105
- Base Health is now 1750, was previously 1650
- Large Krug
- Base XP is now 27-36.45 (at levels 1/3/5/7/9), was previously 37-49.95
- XP by level is now 27/27.625/29.025/31.05/31.05/33.75/33.75/36.45, was previously 37/37.925/39.775/42.55/46.25/49.95
- Gold is now 32, was previously 42
- Small Krug
- Base XP is now 16-21.6 (at levels 1/3/5/7/9), was previously 18-24.3
- XP by level is now 16/16/16.4/17.2/18.4/18.4/20/20/21.6, was previously 18/18/.45/19.35/20.7/20.7/22.5/22.5/24.3
- Gold is now 10, was previously 12
- Base XP is now 35-47.25 (at levels 1/3/5/7/9), was previously 45-60.75 (at levels 1/3/5/7/9)
- XP by level is now 35/35.875/37.625/40.25/43.75/47.25, was previously 45/46.125/48.375/51.75/56.25/60.75
- Gold is now 35, was previously 45
As it stands, there are no new skins in this PBE cycle, as confirmed by @moonstonesxo on Twitter.
"No new skins this PBE cycle, catch y'all next time!"
Client Clean Up
Riot has outlined plans to further clean up and improve their client in the first quarter of the year.
- Social panel not connecting
- Friends list not loading, incorrect status being displayed, friends not populating
- Player won't be sent a friend request if their friend list is full
- Ranked information disappears from hovercard when a player is in a normal game
- Chat stutters when typing messages in quick succession
- Folders reorder themselves between sessions
- LoR and Valorant folders go missing when sorting by "Group Games & Servers"
- Clicking ‘Show Dates” in chat box will cause text boxes to overlap
- Friend Request notification only appears when the option is toggled off, and vice-versa
- Reducing crashes
- Continue to fix memory leaks
- Continued architecture work to clean up our codebase
You can read all of the details here.
Mark Yetter has also outlined some future projects and updates coming to LoL in 2021.
- Overly skewed towards Pro Play
- Champions that have pattern-level (as opposed to power level) issues that create difficulties for long-term balance
- THey're picked frequently in professional games but have very low solo queue win rates, making it painful when we nerf them
- These champs often display a pattern where "the more skill you have, the more you can remove the counterplay" as opposed to having difficult-to-execute combos that pros are just better at. As you might expect, at the pro level we're seeing the weaknesses mitigated too far
- Examples here - upcoming Tahm Kench changes, Sylas changes in Season 10
- Game health or counterplay issues at all level of play
- These champs are often balanced (as opposed to the pro play skewed champs who end up underpowered for regular play) and even sometimes popular. However, they degrade the overall game quality because they have insufficient counterplay or promote strategies that lower the depth and interaction of other plays
- Examples here - Aphelios (s10 range and AOE burst reductions), Akali (s9 invis under tower removal)
- Older champs that need love
- Often these champs have reasonable power/win rates but players just feel they aren't keeping up with the current game
- These updates will often look to strengthen the identity of the champ and find ways that make their current power more satisfying, clear, or skill expressive
- Examples here - upcoming Rammus changes, 11.3 Jinx changes
- Items not hitting their goals
- Not appealing - sometimes an item can be balanced but doesn't deliver on its fantasy in a satisfying way, so players don't buy it even in cases where it'd be good
- Unhealthy - removing counterplay or skewing the shape of the game too far (like burst, sustain, range) are problems we want to fix. (Hextech Gunblade)
- Unclear purpose - the item either doesn't have a clear set of circumstances where it's strong, or that circumstance is overly narrow. That makes it either generically weak, or a must-buy if tuned to be generically strong.
- Runes not hitting their goals
- Warping pattern - some runs can be under picked mostly because they demand too much from the player and end up feeling like "playing the rune, not the champion" (e.g. Omnistone)
- Dominating choice - some runes ruin the choice structure by being too generically powerful for too many different types of champions. (Conqueror has run into this a few times in the past)
- Game Health Issues - like the items, runes can undermine important gameplay. Nimbus Cloak is a recent example where it was breaking the intended weaknesses of many fighters and tank by giving them too much target access.