Have you just updated League of Legends? We imagine so if you've arrived here. No doubt you want to know what’s actually changed in the game.
Are champions feeling a bit different? Does Darius feel a bit stronger all of a sudden? Or equally, has Morgana's Toremented Shadow lost a bit of Oomph? This is why you need to read through the latest League of Legends patch notes, as they will tell you exactly whether the Riot has made any changes to the game.
Plus with 156 champions on the roster, that's a lot of buffs, nerfs and reworks to keep on top of. There's no way you can be expected to remember it all, so knowing precisely what Riot is tweaking from one update to the next is imperative. That is the nature of live service games, unfortunately.
There's still some way to go before League of Legends Season 12, but Riot will have many updates big and small to release over the next few months. That's why we're we're going to be tracking all the major updates on this page, as they're released in line with the League of Legends patch schedule. We'll also look to give you a heads up should Riot release any smaller hotfixes to the game.
It's important to know what Riot is changing, because it could have far-reaching consequences for the games League of Legends Tier List. A few balance changes here and there could easily see the best mid lane champion reduced to a worthless pick.
Without further ado, let's unpick the latest League of Legends patch notes:
21 July 2021 -
The new League of Legends 11.15 game update has arrived on Wednesday 21 July. We've updated the below official patch notes to reflect all the current changes on the live servers.
The next update to arrive will be League of Legends Patch 11.16.
League of Legends Patch Notes: Update 11.15
Lets jump into it, below you will find all the changes released as part of League of Legends 11.15 Patch. But before we get to the notes, here are some thoughts on the update, straight from the developer:
Saddle up Sentinels, welcome to 11.15!
Nothing too wild here— we’re continuing to drop early sustain in a few places, then buffing up champions in places that are a little spicy and a lot fun (Blitz! Kennen! Xayah!). We’ve also got balance changes and updates for Ultimate Spellbook, including the addition of a certain rock’s ult.
Add in a Sentinel with a glorious smile and a chain warden’s skin (literally) and you’ve got the gist of it!
We’ll see ya in the next one.
Sentinel Graves, Sentinel Pyke, Sentinel Rengar, Ruined Miss Fortune, and Cyber Pop Akshan will be available July 22nd, 2021. Unbound Thresh will be available July 29th, 2021 as a token shop exclusive, and will return as a directly purchasable skin in patch 11.20.
Now, here's your complete overview of Patch 11.15, courtesy of Riot games:
Rise of the Sentinels
We've heard your feedback on the slow progression rate in the Rise of the Sentinels in-client narrative experience. Starting with the next chapter of Rise of the Sentinels, we're adding a new, infinitely repeatable mission that awards extra Sentinels points just for playing a game.
Note: Since we're doing this mid-event, the missions are hidden, but the faster rate of progress should be immediately noticeable.
NEW MISSION: Play 1 PVP matchmade game of Summoner's Rift, ARAM, Ultimate Spellbook, or Teamfight Tactics (excluding Hyper Roll) to earn 600 Rise of the Sentinels points. This mission can be repeated infinitely. It won't appear in your Missions log.
ACTIVATES: With Chapter III of Rise of the Sentinels this week
New Champion - Akshan
The Rogue Sentinel
Akshan swings into battle against Ruination on July 22nd!
- Ability Power ratio decreased to 75% from 80%
Aurelion Sol (Nerfed)
- Ability cooldown has increased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 11/10/9/8/7 seconds
- Blitzacrank’s base armour has increased to 40 from 37
Rocket Grab (Q):
- Damage dealt increased to 90/140/190/240/290 from 70/120/170/220/270
Piltover Peacemaker (Q):
- Attack Damage ratio has increased to 130/145/160/175/190% from 130/140/150/160/170%
Twin Fang (E):
- Ability’s bonus magic damage dealt increased to 20/40/60/80/100 from 10/30/50/70/90
Skip ‘n Slash (E):
- Attack Speed decreased to 20/35/50/65/80% from 40/50/60/70/80%
Defiant Dance (W):
- Minimum damage dealt decreased to 10/25/40/55/70 (40% AD) (+40% AP) from 10/25/40/55/70 (50% AD)(40% AP)
- Maximum damage dealt decreased to [10/55/100/145/190 (120% AD) (+120% AP) from 30/75/120/165/210 (+150% AD) (120% AP)]
- Base Magic Resistance decreased to 26 from 30
Thundering Shuriken (Q):
- Damage dealt by ability increased to [85/130/175/220/265 (+80% AP)] from [75/115/155/195/235 (+75% AP)]
- Ability cooldown decreased to 12/11/10/9/8 from 14/13/12/11/10
- Stored damage dealt by ability has increased to 45% from 30%
- Base health increased to 570 from 545
- Health per level increased to 95 from 85
- Ability cooldown decreased to 11 seconds from 13 seconds
Junkyard Titan (Passive):
- Duration of overheating decreased to 5.25 seconds from 6 seconds
Twin Bite (Q):
- Ability Power ratio of first attack has increased to 35% from 25%
- Ability Power ratio of second attack bonus damage has increased to 25% from 15%
- Ability cooldown decreased to 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds from 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
Chain Lash (Q):
- Damage from detonation increased to [70/125/180/235/290 (90% AP)] from [60/115/170/225/280 (+80% AP)]
- Healing decreased to [25/50/75/100/125 (+40% AP)] from [30/60/90/120/150 (+45% AP)]
Dark Sphere (Q):
- Mana cost decreased to 40/50/60/70/80 from 60/65/70/75/80
- Ability cooldown increased to 13/12.25/11.5/10.75/10 seconds from 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds
Blade of the Ruined King (Q)
- Base damage dealt decreased to 15/30/45/60/75 from 25/40/55/70/85
- Bonus damage dealt to monsters doubled to 20 from 10
- Healing gained from minions decreased to 10% from 50%
- Health regeneration (HP5) decreased to 2.5 from 4
- Ability cooldown decreased to 140/120/100 seconds from 160/145/130 seconds
- own has increased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 12/10.5/9/7.5/6
Hullbreaker could use some help as the game reaches later phases of the game. We’re giving more durability for anyone who’s hunting alone.
- BOARDING PARTY BONUS RESISTANCES ⇒ 20-60 bonus armor and bonus magic resistance (level 9-18)
- BOARDING PARTY MINION BONUS RESISTANCES ⇒ 60-180 bonus armor and bonus magic resistance (level 9-18)
- Recall sound effects now play for base Nautilus, Abyssal Nautilus, Subterranean Nautilus, Subterranean Nautilus, AstronNautilus, and Worldbreaker Nautilus
- Fixed a bug on Kayn’s E SFX where it made a popping noise when it looped
- Kayn’s global transformation SFX will now play for both allies and enemies
- Odyssey Kayn’s dance music is now form specific
- Kayn’s W on hit SFX is now form-specific
- Base Kayn’s recall SFX is now form-specific
- Kayn’s transformation SFX is now stereo for the local player
- Fixed a bug where Lillia's Q - Blooming Blows movement speed did not scale off of AP from runes
- Nocturne's Passive - Umbra Blades' now correctly heals for the full amount against pets
- Illaoi’s Q - Tentacle Smash’s animation no longer locks if she inputs another command right after casting the ability
- Shaco's Q - Deceive's orange smoke VFX now correctly appears from the enemy’s point of view when cast through fog of war
- Kled and all his skins have one of his W voice lines restored
- Marauder Kled now correctly switches between his mounted and unmounted voice lines
- Viego will now respond to Shadow Isles voice interactions rather than Demacian
- Zoe's taunt voice lines for Ezreal and Lux have been restored
- True Damage Senna's unique skin voice lines have been restored
That's all the latest changes in League of Legends. Check back whenever there's a new patch, update, or hotfix, and this list will be up to date with the latest notes to accompany it.