You can have marine reptiles such as a Mosasaurus in Jurassic World Evolution 2 but you need somewhere to house them. Of course, a marine reptile will need water to live in and you will not have this type of enclosure straight away. This is why we're going to show you how to unlock the lagoon enclosure.
How To Unlock the Lagoon Enclosure
To unlock the Lagoon enclosure you need to follow the steps that we have laid out below.
- Click on your enclosures option in the side menu on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Find and click on the "Lagoon Enclosure" option. This should take you directly to the research node that you need.
- Once you are on the research node, you should be able to assign scientists to the task.
- You need to assign the scientists that fill or overfill the task requirements.
- After you have done this, press "start task" and wait for the research to be finished.
The research that you need to do for this enclosure will also give you:
- Lagoon Section
- Lagoon Hatchery
- Marine Fish Feeder
- Marine Shark Feeder
If you're enjoying the game then you should take a look at the rest of our guides in our walkthrough hub.
What Is the Lagoon Enclosure?
The lagoon enclosure is a specialist enclosure specifically for the marine reptiles that you can get. Marine reptiles will die if you try to house them anywhere other than a lagoon, so if you want a Plesiosaurus then it's worth investing in the pricey enclosure. It comes with attachments and a viewing gallery specifically designed to help guests see the marine reptiles. You cannot use the viewing galleries that you have for other enclosure types.
Ensuring that your marine reptiles are comfortable is a small part of what you do in Jurassic World Evolution 2. There are multiple aspects that you need to balance to be successful too and we have some guides that can help you to do this. We have a guide on how to remove scientist unrest and another on how to increase amenity coverage.