Dinosaurs are the star attraction of your park in Jurassic World Evolution 2 and Indoraptor is arguably the most dangerous dinosaur in Jurassic World history. So why wouldn't you want to put it in an enclosure it can probably get out of? We're going to show you how to unlock Indominous Rex and Indoraptor.
How To Unlock Indominous Rex and Indoraptor
Unlocking Indominous Rex and Indoraptor is not an easy task and it will take a lot of work. We have broken down the steps for unlocking these dinosaurs into three stages. Each stage must be completed and followed one after the other. You need to follow this guide to get Indominous Rex and Indoraptor in Challenge Mode to be able to get it in Sandbox Mode.
One: Get To the North America Challenge
You will need to get to the North America challenge in Challenge Mode. To do this, complete the Canada and Germany challenges to a minimum of 4 stars each. Once you have unlocked the North America challenge you need to open it up and start to play it.
If you're enjoying the game but you're getting stuck on some aspects of it, you should take a look at the rest of our guides in our walkthrough hub.
Two: Research and Breed Indominous Rex
You're going to need to play through the North America challenge as you would with any of the others. You will need to research and create an Indominous Rex before you can get Indoraptor.
This is everything you need to do to unlock the Indominous Rex research node:
- Research all Carnivorous dinosaurs in the second line of the upper half of the research chain. (This is the line of dinosaurs that lead directly to Indominous Rex)
- Increase the Velociraptor Genome to 25% - you can do this through expeditions to dig sites.
- Increase the Tyrannosaurus Rex Genome to 100% - again, you can do this through expeditions.
- Increase the Gigantosaurus Genome to 25% - Do this through expeditions.
- Increase your Park Rating to 4 stars
- Try not to go bankrupt
- Research Indominous Rex
Once you have researched Indominous Rex, you will need to successfully breed one and release it into your park.
Three: Research and Breed Indoraptor
After getting Indominous Rex, it's quite straightforward but costly to get Indoraptor.
This is everything you need to do to unlock the Indoraptor research node:
- Breed and release Indominous Rex
- Increase your Park Rating to 4.5 stars (this little increase should come easily when you release Indominous Rex)
- Increase the Velociraptor genome to 100%
- Research Indoraptor
Once you have researched Indoraptor, you will be able to follow the usual stages of breeding it and releasing it into your park.
Indoraptor is the last land-based carnivore that you can get in Jurassic World Evolution 2 and it's worth taking the time to get. If you're struggling to get the star rating for your park up to 4 or 5 stars then we have a few guides to help. We have one on how to increase guest comfort and another guide on how to increase asset rating. Both of these can help you increase your star rating quickly.